ESET v4 Fixes

shought

i wasnt particularly talking to you, was i?

but jofre maybe you can explain why you would use nodenabler instead of nodlogin?

• Replies 2k
  • Views 203.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LeetPirate
Can someone who use NODLOGIN 9.9c x86 via INSTALLER do this for me, please?

Click: Start -> RUN -> type: REGEDIT -> Expand: CURRENT_USER -> Expand: SOFTWARE -> Expand: AutoIt3 -> right click: EXPORT KEY

Then post the exported registry key here please...

This will give us settings that for NON INSTALLER users will enable them to HIDE the SPLASH SCREEN.

I looked, that key does not exist. Even reinstalled NodLogin, still wasn't there. I'm on Vista if it makes a difference.

The parameter for hidden mode in NodLogin is "/o" but it does not fully work in this version. For some reason the new splash screen still shows up.

I see !

10 565 Nsane`s members and nobody comments NodEnabler 3.2 ? - Nice...

i dont really see why people use nodenabler, they release a new version every month and it stops working everytime.. nodlogin never failed for me, i use it for 1 year now i think.. nodlogin releases new version +- every 3months and you wil get an email when there is an update.. (if you subscribe to ullissoft)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn`t know there was a Nodlogin. Never heard of such "utility" ... I am so dumb...Thanks @dumble for the information...

and where can I find it ? Is it really good ? Well, I have to subscribe to UlisesSoft again, I have done that so log time ago...

Is people like you we need here... :)

Thanks !

Jofre

i wasnt particularly talking to you, was i?

but jofre maybe you can explain why you would use nodenabler instead of nodlogin?

LOL, here we go again. I only hope this time when it's over nobody cries and runs away from the forum. :smartass:

I have been using Ulisessoft software since before he had NodLogin, I signed up the mailing list to wait many months before the first NodLogin was made. Have been using Ulisessoft stuff ever since then. However I respect the author's wishes so I do not distribute his NodLogin, I only use it on my own computers. NodEnabler however was a solution to my problems because I put that on other people's computers and it is more stable than MiNodLogin which crashes at times and depends on the Java RE. People need to realise that their individual situation with regard to computer configuration does not define the pinnacle standard of computer configurations that the rest of the world should abide by. If you just have 1 pc to manage, then you only need 1 utility. I still have a code of conduct among fellow pirates if that makes sense, that's why I will prefer to use NodEnabler on computers that don't belong to me. It's just that I've been on the Ulisessoft band wagon so long now that it almost feels like he is a distant cousin, lol, and I don't betray family.

Even though NodLogin is posted here by others against the author's wishes I am not going to cry and point fingers at anyone, everyone has their choices to make in life.

Update for Jofre: NodEnabler 3.2 had an incident with firefox today, I think it tried to click the exit button on the window but firefox asks for confirmation before killing multiple tabs and that window was stuck and kept pinging each time I tried to click it. I'm gona try to see if I could repeat that action that caused it. All I did was open a tab with the eset.eu download page to get the new version of nod32. Let me see if I can do this again.

Update 2: I tried to reproduce the above incident but I could not. Updated to v.437 though so who knows. Repeatedly running NodEnabler 3.2 only shows 1 recurring problem, sometimes it cannot connect to the license servers. I think the rest is ok.

Even though NodLogin is posted here by others against the author's wishes I am not going to cry and point fingers at anyone, everyone has their choices to make in life.

you can download it from the frontpage ..so you point your fingers to nsanedown.com :)

LeetPirate
Here is MiNODLogin v.3.5.3.2 (32 and 64 bits OS) "medicine " for ESET - now in English, Spanish, Portuguese and French Languages :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Mediafire.com

.............................Sharecode»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» /download.php?zxyzfziddzz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheers

Jofre

You should ask them to put back the options for start menu shortcuts during installation, preferably in "\Start Menu\Programs\ESET". It would also be great if they could put start menu shortcuts for both the main MiNodLogin and the License Explorer.

Box, Mara fix 1.1 seems to work on ESSBE 4.0.434 x64

Had to manually update with Nod32view, but the trial days are 31 days after reboot.

Need to sit and wait for a auto update within next few days.

Windows7 build 7127 x64

Had to manually update with Nod32view, but the trial days are 31 days after reboot.

Windows7 build 7127 x64

Why did you use Nod32View to update, why didn't you just Update manually using Eset?

Cheers :)

I'm in love with Win 7 build 7127 x64 AND Nodlogin! I have a lot of respect for the author and also am on his list. Could care less about seeing the splash screen for 3 secs once a month.

Sorry for slightly OT divergence here: After using the above Win 7 build for several days, I tried going back to my Vista install just to get it all properly backed up and put away in case I need it later on for some reason and I was horrified by the difference. There's no going back to Vista SP2 for me now, unless forced to by some reason.

(I've also got my non signed drivers for PG2 and RMClock signed bu using a really cool "driver signing utility" that will "sign" any driver you point it to, so I don't even have to use Ready Driver Plus as a boot loader anymore. It's a much slicker way of defeating driver signing enforcement and leads to faster booting and better loading for the newly "signed" drivers as long as you don't mind having to run with UAC disabled which I like to do anyway.)

OK, back to your regular scheduled discussion of ESET fixes.

By the way the tutorial on "How to Schedule Nodlogin" which is linked to on the Front page Eset download page is seriously out of date and no longer accurate as to the best way to schedule NLI to run automatically.

It still recommends scheduling NLI to run after "successful update of the virus signature database" which is mos def NOT appropriate at the present time when the NDL licenses are lasting for months and the author has specifically requested that people stop hitting his server unnecessarily to check their licenses.

I currently recommend either not scheduling NLI at all and just running it manually (a single mouse click) once a month or so or when your license actually does expire which ESET will notify you about very clearly so you can't miss that. OR, if you absolutely must schedule it to run automatically, then it should be done only a timed basis, no more frequently than once a week or every two weeks or even once a month should be more than adequate.

I think the front page tutorial referred to above should be updated to reflect this information. The least we can do for the author of Nodlogin is to attempt to at least partially respect his wishes (with regard to scheduling, at least) which should help keep the authors servers from getting overloaded and make the utility continue to work better for all of us.

Infinite_Vision

Just upgraded to Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus V 4.0.437.0 and I had to wait for about 15 minutes to get the updates to the latest definition. (Using Box, Mara fix 1.1). Windows XP Pro SP3

Virus Signature Database: Open Window for Status

Remaining Trial Period: 31 days

By the way the tutorial on "How to Schedule Nodlogin" which is linked to on the Front page Eset download page is seriously out of date and no longer accurate as to the best way to schedule NLI to run automatically.

It still recommends scheduling NLI to run after "successful update of the virus signature database" which is mos def NOT appropriate at the present time when the NDL licenses are lasting for months and the author has specifically requested that people stop hitting his server unnecessarily to check their licenses.

I currently recommend either not scheduling NLI at all and just running it manually (a single mouse click) once a month or so or when your license actually does expire which ESET will notify you about very clearly so you can't miss that. OR, if you absolutely must schedule it to run automatically, then it should be done only a timed basis, no more frequently than once a week or every two weeks or even once a month should be more than adequate.

I think the front page tutorial referred to above should be updated to reflect this information. The least we can do for the author of Nodlogin is to attempt to at least partially respect his wishes (with regard to scheduling, at least) which should help keep the authors servers from getting overloaded and make the utility continue to work better for all of us.

I'll remove the link to the guide and maybe rewrite (parts of) it, thanks for the notice B)

Just upgraded to Eset NOD32 Anti-Virus V 4.0.437.0 and I had to wait for about 15 minutes to get the updates to the latest definition. (Using Box, Mara fix 1.1). Windows XP Pro SP3

Virus Signature Database: Open Window for Status

Remaining Trial Period: 31 days

Yeah, I've got it installed over here as well, right after it got released... All is working well, as you said the first update, as always, was a bit difficult but just now I received version 4092 :rolleyes:

Thanks Shought. I and all other NLI users will appreciate your taking care of this.

Btw, the basic instructions on the actual mechanics for setting up the scheduling in that guide are also currently incorrect in yet another respect: They don't specify the correct default location for the NDL executable, which as you know is no longer placed by default in the ESET program folder, but instead in its own Uliessoft (sp?) folder. So either the program group or the work group (I forget now which one) in the Eset Scheduler should be different from what is specified in the guide.

Windows7 build 7127 x64

Why did you use Nod32View to update, why didn't you just Update manually using Eset?

Cheers :rolleyes:

Tried to update with eset & no go.

But I installed same version with same medicine on wifes puter & instantly updated with eset.

So I think if you are patient..... the eset update will work.

BTW Mara I really enjoy yours and box's fix. Works great...thanks much for your efforts.

The box, mara-fix is not supposed to work with the Business Edition as far as I know, if you do use it with this edition it will convert it into a trial version... But I've never really researched what actually happens.

Btw: I've edited the How to schedule NodLogin thread :rolleyes:

The box, mara-fix is not supposed to work with the Business Edition as far as I know, if you do use it with this edition it will convert it into a trial version... But I've never really researched what actually happens.

Btw: I've edited the How to schedule NodLogin thread :rolleyes:

Cool, thanks again. You guys are the greatest.

Bizarre™

@All:

Always keep in mind that:

Licensed Users = Prioritized

Trial Users = Delayed

@kotaxor :-

Any news about NODENABLER 3.2 ? Cracks and serials ( at Asta...) was disabled :) and lost contact with Damain666 <_<

Any news about NODENABLER 3.2 ? Cracks and serials ( at Asta...) was disabled :locked: and lost contact with Damain666 :angry:

The cracks at Asta..... is ok on my side...no problem with Asta.... or NodEnabler thread. Able to download the test Nodenabler.

With regard to lost contact,

I think Damain666 need some time to come out with a better NodEnabler.

Any news about NODENABLER 3.2 ? Cracks and serials ( at Asta...) was disabled :locked: and lost contact with Damain666 :angry:

The cracks at Asta..... is ok on my side...no problem with Asta.... or NodEnabler thread. Able to download the test Nodenabler.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can no more write in comments. There is a new Topic for "Cracks and Serials".

hi,

i installed nod32 4.0.424 with the option to use a license later, than installed nodLogin 9.9c so good so far.

when i run nodlogin it connects and it say that it has inserted the licence and that i can update now but when i try to update i get a message that there is not license inside and the license window is empty.

using vista 64.

thx for the help

edit: forgot to say that it is the german version...

edit2: installed english version 4.0.437 and everything works fine... strange...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can no more write in comments. There is a new Topic for "Cracks and Serials".

Yeah, there is a new forum site....saw you there though....posted a comment after you :)

Bart Grefte
hi,

i installed nod32 4.0.424 with the option to use a license later, than installed nodLogin 9.9c so good so far.

when i run nodlogin it connects and it say that it has inserted the licence and that i can update now but when i try to update i get a message that there is not license inside and the license window is empty.

using vista 64.

thx for the help

edit: forgot to say that it is the german version...

edit2: installed english version 4.0.437 and everything works fine... strange...

Same problem with the Dutch 424 version, see my posts page or two back, haven't tried 437 since I haven't seen it in Dutch yet.

Hi all. I tried downloading ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 4.0.437 from the download page but i get a page not found error. Anyone having this problem?

Edit

Could anyone kindly share the NOD32 Antivirus 4.0.437 installer with me? Just upload it in rapidshare will do as i couldn't even access eset mainpage. But any other websites are fine. Strange. Maybe it's my ISP. Hope any kind folks share the installer. Thanks.

Edit

Nevermind. I've got the installer from somewhere else. Thanks alot. I needed this as my PC was infected with virus ;)

The download links are working perfectly fine here, I did notice some people who had trouble using the trial username and password integrated in the link, maybe we should also provide these details separately...

Archived