ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

LeetPirate

Thanks guys.

@ Bizarre

yeah, after i try/read some suggestions I will have to do a fresh install if I see the problem again.

@LeetPirate

It happens during a scheduled scan, not during startup, so i don't think the startup scan is an issue (that scan runs fine). Have others had problems with the Advanced Heuristics? If it does cause an issue during scans, should I just disable advanced heuristics in the scan itself, or should i also disable it in the real-time protection (both)? I did not know that it could cause lockups for people.

Anyone else is welcome to add more ideas, since the more I can try the more I can hopefully overcome this. Thanks again.

Advanced Heuristics hang applications on my machine, stupid things like editpad lite as if a text editor has malicious code, I finally got fed up and disabled it since that shit never detected a single thing before to help me in any way.

• Replies 584
  • Views 90.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is the Fix not working properly? I installed Nod32 4.0.417.0 on my computer, and I was going to use the Fix provided by Nsane. However, the fix keeps telling me that the Self-Defense of the antivirus is still working, but I have disabled it previously and rebooted the computer. Can any1 assist me on this one? THX ................................ for any replies.

Thanks

personal Email deleted

Why is the Fix not working properly? I installed Nod32 4.0.417.0 on my computer, and I was going to use the Fix provided by Nsane. However, the fix keeps telling me that the Self-Defense of the antivirus is still working, but I have disabled it previously and rebooted the computer. Can any1 assist me on this one? THX ................................ for any replies.

Thanks

Remove your existing Nod32 and get the trial Nod32 v4.0.424 and the mara_box fix from the fp provided.

Hey all, according to Wilders new version out :

Version 4.0.437

Fixed: After installation of ESET Smart Security 4.0.424 some web sites are blocked with http scanner (seznam.cz)

Fixed: Thunderbird plugin may corrupt email in some occasions + several minor fixes

Minor fixes in ESET SysInspector

Fixed: Problem with the creation of Rescue CD after reinstallation from ESET Smart Security 4 to ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4

LeetPirate

Hey all, according to Wilders new version out :

Version 4.0.437

Fixed: After installation of ESET Smart Security 4.0.424 some web sites are blocked with http scanner (seznam.cz)

Fixed: Thunderbird plugin may corrupt email in some occasions + several minor fixes

Minor fixes in ESET SysInspector

Fixed: Problem with the creation of Rescue CD after reinstallation from ESET Smart Security 4 to ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4

Any links? I can't seem to locate it on the official sites.

Yeah, leave it to Eset to announce new version and then take a day or two to put up links :hi:

Couldn't find it on any of their sites.

The English version, that is, thanks for the note ugatme.

Ok, finally had time to play with v4.0.434. First uninstalled nodenabler 3.1, then ran the installer over v424. Installation ran quicker than in the past. While it was updating the virus defs I reinstalled nodenabler. On the protection status screen I was told to reboot, did so and all is well. Comes with firewall module 1046 and so far no problems since before I had problems with certain sites and had to uncheck "block unsafe address after attack detection".

Good luck to all!

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm running XP pro x32 SP2.

hello all!

i've noticed that my Nod v4 (i've got version 4.0.314 but even early version did the same) blocks Nokia Software Update (NSU) program while trying to update. These program is used to upgrade firmware of Nokia phone.

After open the program, it tells me that an upgrade (of the program itself) is available so starts to download it. At the end,after finished downloading, it tells me that cannot access internet so maybe my firewall needs to set privilege to 2 process linked to NSU !

Well i've retrayed disabling Nod (icon red) and worked with no problems!

Strange also because i use only Nod Antivirus not Smart Security. Maybe is there any option to tweak?

thanks in advance

@shought

You should edit your second post and information related to Eset and uTorrent. It seems that this option exits only in NOD32 Antivirus but not in Eset Smart Security. Also, I think it is not blue cross, it is red.

Cheers ;)

About that "disabling content filtering," how do we do that in ESS? I've tried allowing all ports in the firewall for the specific programme (ie, utorrent) and disabling all options (IDS and default rules for firewall), but incoming connections are all refused unless I disable the firewall. I'm not sure what I have missed, please enlighten me if possible ;D

Thanks.

@shought

You should edit your second post and information related to Eset and uTorrent. It seems that this option exits only in NOD32 Antivirus but not in Eset Smart Security. Also, I think it is not blue cross, it is red.

Cheers :)

About that "disabling content filtering," how do we do that in ESS? I've tried allowing all ports in the firewall for the specific programme (ie, utorrent) and disabling all options (IDS and default rules for firewall), but incoming connections are all refused unless I disable the firewall. I'm not sure what I have missed, please enlighten me if possible ;D

Thanks.

Ive been getting the incoming connections broken latley too but then seems to fix its self when I leave it going.

ESET - F5 - Web Access Protection - HTTP - Web Browsers - make sure utorrent is marked with a Red Cross

I have ESS 4.0424.0 installed and use nodlogin 9.9c. Today my license expired = Maximum protection is not ensured and since nodlogin hasnt changed the license I tried starting it manually but it said all was fine when it clearly isnt... what can I do?

I have ESS 4.0424.0 installed and use nodlogin 9.9c. Today my license expired = Maximum protection is not ensured and since nodlogin hasnt changed the license I tried starting it manually but it said all was fine when it clearly isnt... what can I do?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have same problem. This is what I was expecting that could happen one day. UlisesSoft can stop updating. Maybe not.

Do not uninstall NodLogin yet. Use " Eset Login Viewer 1.3 " and you will get new Username and Password, uninstall expired licenses and install those given by Eset Login Viewer 1.3 :-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Mediafire.com

...............................Sharecode »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»/download.php?njznyk3wymn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, let pass 2 or 3 days and then, delete Username and Password and try again to execute NodLogin.

Enjoy

Jofre

Maybe you like to try MiNodlogin, has been using it for months without any problem... :rolleyes:

nsanemembrane

SP2 vista and nod32 v4 dont get along..

+1

First I tried to reinstall Nod32 but even uninstall didn't work. It uninstalled the program but left behind lots of ESET files (under C:\Program Files\ESET) which I can't delete manually (error "You need permission to perform this action"). This also prevents me from installing it again.

Anyone have any ideas on deleting the old files? (was using box-mara fix, couldn't unfix before I tried to uninstall)

Thanks in advance for any help.

nsanemembrane

@nsanemembrane:

Follow this instruction, then try re-installing ESET Nod32 on top of the failed uninstall.

Thanks Bizarre for the help.

But I did try that and I have yet to be able to delete the old files. It looks like an ESET service did not get deleted properly and is still running (ekrn.exe) and once again, I am unable to stop/kill this service. Could this be a reason why these files may be locked?

@nsanemembrane:

Follow this instruction, then try re-installing ESET Nod32 on top of the failed uninstall.

Thanks Bizarre for the help.

But I did try that and I have yet to be able to delete the old files. It looks like an ESET service did not get deleted properly and is still running (ekrn.exe) and once again, I am unable to stop/kill this service. Could this be a reason why these files may be locked?

use a batch file or malwarebytes "file assassin" to stop it :rolleyes:

Batchfile - something like

taskkill /F /IM egui.exe //(this would kill the GUI interface)

taskkill /F /IM ekrn.exe //(This would kill NOD32 engine itself)

nsanemembrane

use a batch file or malwarebytes "file assassin" to stop it :rolleyes:

Batchfile - something like

taskkill /F /IM egui.exe //(this would kill the GUI interface)

taskkill /F /IM ekrn.exe //(This would kill NOD32 engine itself)

alright, so after some unknown reason (opened up nod32 and disabled all protections is all i did) I was able to disable "self-defense" and unfix nod32. Then I was able to fully uninstall Nod32. Finally! Thanks for everyone's help! That was frustrating to say the least.

They really dropped the ball on their preparation for the release of SP2. Hopefully they can release a fix soon.

Hello all.

I noticed a problem with NOD32v4 after installing the Vista SP2 update. NOD32 protection indicated a critical problem loading and advised to reinstall NOD32. It appears that others have possibly received the same notification. Rather than initially reinstalling as advised, I took a chance on rebooting my system first to observe the outcome.

Upon reboot, the problem was gone and NOD32 protection loaded correctly. No problems since.

I will advise if the problem reoccurs.

chrisTM out.

LeetPirate

Hello all.

I noticed a problem with NOD32v4 after installing the Vista SP2 update. NOD32 protection indicated a critical problem loading and advised to reinstall NOD32. It appears that others have possibly received the same notification. Rather than initially reinstalling as advised, I took a chance on rebooting my system first to observe the outcome.

Upon reboot, the problem was gone and NOD32 protection loaded correctly. No problems since.

chrisTM out.

Yes I received this red error as well even though mine was a clean install of Vista from an msdn integrated vista sp2 disc. After installing fresh vista sp2, I installed NOD32 v4.424 but it started giving problems after I ran windows updates. I reinstalled nod32 and have not gotten any problems since although I still think NOD32 has serious compatibility problems with Vista sp2. Prior to getting that red critical error, I used to receive several error messages from vista interactice services courtesy nod32. I think the general issue is that Vista has a strict policy of separating a task's service from it's gui so that both run in separate sessions and communicate via the interactive services service. I don't blame Microsoft for this, clearly they have changed the way things work for tighter security and the software companies had many years to update their programming styles to meet the new standards. Windows 7 will be no different so ESET better get their bloody act together and produce some good code for us.

Hello all.

chrisTM out.

Yes I received this red error as well even though mine was a clean install of Vista from an msdn integrated vista sp2 disc. After installing fresh vista sp2, I installed NOD32 v4.424 but it started giving problems after I ran windows updates. I reinstalled nod32 and have not gotten any problems since although I still think NOD32 has serious compatibility problems with Vista sp2. Prior to getting that red critical error, I used to receive several error messages from vista interactice services courtesy nod32. I think the general issue is that Vista has a strict policy of separating a task's service from it's gui so that both run in separate sessions and communicate via the interactive services service. I don't blame Microsoft for this, clearly they have changed the way things work for tighter security and the software companies had many years to update their programming styles to meet the new standards. Windows 7 will be no different so ESET better get their bloody act together and produce some good code for us.
Oh, man.

You are thinking like me. I'm still running v.417 until things smooth out.

Do you think the specific SP2 problems might be related to running the COMPCLN installation cleanup .exe after the SP2 install? This might explain why some of the NOD32 uninstall\reinstall issues exist after the SP2 install. I have run the command on my system.

chrisTM out.

Archived