ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

I personally use jv16 too....at times RegistryFix.

But we are here to talk about ESET V4/Support/Problem and Question.

About which Registry cleaner is better is best left to another thread. Sry!

• Replies 584
  • Views 90.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you guys, I used jv16PowerTools to clean the registry.

But I still got a problem after reinstall the NOD32, I applied the mara-fix with no problem, however, it still asked me user/pass with update, this had actually happened for the previous V3 NOD32 in my computer (also had the similar fix). I guess there is still something wrong in the registry.

I then came to the Serial provider and got some newest IDs, which helped me update successfully. I think I can live with that, but it is still strange why the fix did not work for my computer any more.

When you first install the fix, you will need to click update numerous times just to get the first updates. Once it starts to update, it should be fine from then on.

And oh, did you reboot first?

And did you install the trial version of Nod32 from the fp?

Try to use trial version instead of retail version if you are using the trial fix.

I download ESET from the torrent shought put on mininova, I think this should be a trial version. I did restart after installation (I actually manually restarted the computer) and then applied the fix, as there was no instruction on fix before restart, did it matter?

When you first install the fix, you will need to click update numerous times just to get the first updates. Once it starts to update, it should be fine from then on.

And oh, did you reboot first?

And did you install the trial version of Nod32 from the fp?

Try to use trial version instead of retail version if you are using the trial fix.

Commercial version is same as trial version if no user/pass is input. Just that they upload the latest release to the commercial download page and leave the old releases on the trial page.

I don't think the reg cleaners delete the eset keys from the registry because it probably looks valid. I know this is tedious for you but since you got it installed again try removing things one more time in this order.

1.) uninstall the mara-fix. reboot if necessary.

2.) uninstall nod32. reboot.

3.) start->run type regedit.

4.) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software right click on the ESET key and delete the entire thing.

5.) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software right click on the ESET key and delete the entire thing.

6.) C:\Program Data\ delete the ESET folder.

7.) C:\Program Files\ delete the ESET folder.

If XP, navigate to documents and settings folder and delete the eset folder from your profile "Application Data" and "Local Settings\ Application Data"; do the same for the "All Users" profile.

Feel free to run any registry cleaners after.

Once all that is done, reboot then install nod32, (there is no need to run setup as administrator), after you install nod32 load up the setup page and disable self defence and anti stealth technology. Then go to the update option on the setup page and click setup button, enable test mode then click ok. Now you could close all that and reboot. (the test mode and antistealth parts are only for some issue with vista sp2 but you might as well do it anyway).

After the reboot run the box mara fix but remember to right click and run it as Administrator, this is very important because it may not work properly if you don't run as Administrator. Reboot after and you can reenable anti stealth technology and self defence if you wish.

Has this version got any better yet? has the slowdowns and all the bugs from earlier versions gone? or am i better sticking with 3.0?

Has this version got any better yet? has the slowdowns and all the bugs from earlier versions gone? or am i better sticking with 3.0?

Gotten better, YES. Bugs gone, ROFL, HAHAHAHHA. There is still a Vista SP2 bug with one or more of the modules that is only fixed after an update so you have to make sure to enable update of the program modules. I am hoping the next release would address more compatibility issues with Vista SP2. It works great on XP SP3 though.

Gotten better, YES. Bugs gone, ROFL, HAHAHAHHA. There is still a Vista SP2 bug with one or more of the modules that is only fixed after an update so you have to make sure to enable update of the program modules. I am hoping the next release would address more compatibility issues with Vista SP2. It works great on XP SP3 though.

Well I'm on xp pro sp3 so I might actually give it a go "again".

I also use WinXP Pro SP3 with Eset Smart Security 4.0.437 and after having tested all ( and I mean ALL ) utilities, sorry to mara-box ( ;) ) , the best is NodLogin 9.9c. It`s set and forget.

Cheers

Interesting, ess 437 updated the firewall to 1047 this morning w/o the test mode enabled. What's strange is with all the problems people have been having with it not a word mentioned in wilders.

Interesting, ess 437 updated the firewall to 1047 this morning w/o the test mode enabled. What's strange is with all the problems people have been having with it not a word mentioned in wilders.

Hey not bad, only 4 days late (per Wilders) :

New firewall module 1047 released

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

a new firewall module 1047 is currently being distributed to all v3 and v4 users automatically (the update will be announced by "The program modules have been updated" message). The new firewall module has been installed by several hundred thousands users worldwide and no problems were reported.

Should you encounter any problems stemming from the new build, let us know.

Hey!

Using NodLogin for a very long time with no problems at all.

Just follow the guide and you can forget about it!

Cheers,

BlackLine

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys using v4 here and last 3 days I am having a problem on 2 of my computers. Nod won't update. I am getting a GENERAL COMPLIER ERROR everytime I try to update.

What do I do?

I'm using the mara-fix 1.1 with 4.0.242 version of NOD32 I believe.

suggestions guys?

thank you

The latest version won't improve anything, it's ESET causing the problems. Just wait a few days and don't worry about it, there's no 'proper' fix for this.

Posted Image

Anyone have the same problem as mine? It just happen recently that I cant update the virus definition.

Download of the file is success, but it fail to update.

The latest version won't improve anything, it's ESET causing the problems. Just wait a few days and don't worry about it, there's no 'proper' fix for this.

respect shought,

you were right, 3 days later (today) went away i was busy working away and it updated on its own.

still going strong on the 4.0.242 and box-mara 1.1

thanks for the help on this, if it happenes again i will just make sure it wait it out,

thank you

Hmmm. Guess I'm not the only one having Update Problems. Just noticed it today but definitions are more than 3 days old (Last Successful Update 7/9/2009, Virus Signature Database 4230 (20090710))! I get Invalid Username and Password error when updating. Running ESS 4.0.437.0 with box-mara v1.2 on Windows 7 RC 32-bit. I'll try re-applying fix tomorrow and I'll check my Win XP SP3 PC for the same issue.

Infinite_Vision

Hmmm. Guess I'm not the only one having Update Problems. Just noticed it today but definitions are more than 3 days old (Last Successful Update 7/9/2009, Virus Signature Database 4230 (20090710))! I get Invalid Username and Password error when updating. Running ESS 4.0.437.0 with box-mara v1.2 on Windows 7 RC 32-bit. I'll try re-applying fix tomorrow and I'll check my Win XP SP3 PC for the same issue.

I'm running Win XP SP3 and I am having no problems. Though, I have to click the update button like 5 times.

V 4.0.437.0 (Signature 4242, 20090714)

My Win XP SP3 PC is still updating. I've reapplied the box-mara fix v1.2 on my Windows 7 PC and after updating manually about 5 times it updated well. Hopefully it won't go down again anytime soon. Everything's looking up!

karachidude

Does Kaspersky and Eset use the same search and detection engine.Heard it somewhere

Archived