ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

Yup same thing happened to me stuck on virus signature 4230 but then I remembered that some user (who I found out to be hexham) on demonoid (torrent site) releases nod32's virus definitions every 3-7 days. His latest is 4240.

Can I post the .torrent link, its from a private site but I think dct might work or release the files packed inside a .RAR hosted using mega upload?

Posted Image

• Replies 584
  • Views 90.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having the exact same problem running ESS 4.0.437.0 with box-mara v1.2. It started on 7/09/09 but didn't notice it till a few days later. I reinstalled SS 2 days ago with no updates and just finished reinstalling it about an hour ago just to see if any new updates failed to load. Sure enough, today it is at 4244.

What's funny, is that after the reinstall, I couldn't update by bringing up the window and hitting update. I was only able to do it by right clicking and hitting update.

I am leaning towards another fix ( Nodlogin 9.9) but I am not sure about it, right now. Since this is not an isolated problem, should I just give up on box-mara 1.2?

Suggestions?

I am having the exact same problem running ESS 4.0.437.0 with box-mara v1.2. It started on 7/09/09 but didn't notice it till a few days later. I reinstalled SS 2 days ago with no updates and just finished reinstalling it about an hour ago just to see if any new updates failed to load. Sure enough, today it is at 4244.

What's funny, is that after the reinstall, I couldn't update by bringing up the window and hitting update. I was only able to do it by right clicking and hitting update.

I am leaning towards another fix ( Nodlogin 9.9) but I am not sure about it, right now. Since this is not an isolated problem, should I just give up on box-mara 1.2?

Suggestions?

No harm trying, so far Nodlogin, Minodlogin and Nodenabler is working fine here....everyday updating without problem.

You will need to remove the other fix.

Just remember to read the info and know what you are doing.

No harm trying, so far Nodlogin, Minodlogin and Nodenabler is working fine here....everyday updating without problem.

You will need to remove the other fix.

Just remember to read the info and know what you are doing.

Thanks for the quick response. I will wait it out for a week just to make sure.

The Geek Squad

Hi all

I am using Windows 7 - 7600 build x86 version..

ESS 4 installs fine and also installed marsu fix.. it also downloads the update...

But it cannot apply the updates...

i keep getting errors...

please help..

BTW - is ESS 4 compatible to Win7

• Administrator

What errors you are getting? Be exact.

• Administrator

So it's first time. Press Update 15-20 times.

So it's first time. Press Update 15-20 times.

----------------------------------------------

Sometimes more than 20X ... but finally it works !

• Administrator

Indeed it works. I have gone through this 3 times.

Infinite_Vision

Indeed it works. I have gone through this 3 times.

Yes, it does. I don't even need to manual update anymore because it is back to normal as it is auto updating itself now.

hello,

i have installed eset 4 ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 4.0.437 mara-fix 1.2. it did work for couple of days (i.e. did the updates) but after that now it says "Invalid user name and password".

has any one seen this. please help

regards

oo7 :sneaky:

• Administrator

At first welcome to the forums oo7. This is what shought, a eset nod32 expert(on this site), has said for your problem, unfix the mara fix, restart the PC, fix it again. That should solve your problem.

Hi,

many thanks for the quick response. i did that three times. same thing happened.

thats why i thought i better ask the question in this board.

i will try again now.

thanks in advance

oo7 :sneaky:

• Administrator

Now it's best if shought could answer this. I have some answers but it would be less trouble if he gives you the exact answer.

It should really be fixed after you UnFix, reboot, Fix it and reboot(important).

If you're sure it doesn't work please try using 'eset' as both username and password :angry:

@DKT27

Thanks for your respect, but I'm really not an expert :rolleyes: I'm just some guy who happens to know a little :unsure:

• Administrator

I also know a little. But about ESET it all from you. :rolleyes:

@DKT27

Thanks for your respect, but I'm really not an expert :bag: I'm just some guy who happens to know a little :D

Says the expert :rolleyes:

Hey all, thought I'd share this experience I had using utorrent and ess v4.437. Download speeds were maxxing out but only between the hours of say after midnight to around 10 in the morning, then the bottom would fall out. I have a 10mb connection but all I could get was between 50kbs and 200kbs if I was lucky. Tried every possible firewall configuration but nothing worked. So must be my isp right? Replaced my regular adsl modem for a router modem with firewall, switched ess for eav, and now maxxing out 24/7. :bag:

Just curious if anyone else was having issues with ess and utorrent.

Hey all, thought I'd share this experience I had using utorrent and ess v4.437. Download speeds were maxxing out but only between the hours of say after midnight to around 10 in the morning, then the bottom would fall out. I have a 10mb connection but all I could get was between 50kbs and 200kbs if I was lucky. Tried every possible firewall configuration but nothing worked. So must be my isp right? Replaced my regular adsl modem for a router modem with firewall, switched ess for eav, and now maxxing out 24/7. :hehe:

LOL, your ess's firewall don't work in the wee hours ? :frusty:

Using a router modem is good as long as you configure the ällowed port correctly. (This configuration is what I am using now).

• Administrator

It must be router's mistake, it is good you punished him by replacing. I don't think ESET had a problem here except improper config. Have you tried making a rule in firewall to allow every connection on utorrent.exe? ISPs doesn't decrease their speed drastically without notifying or at anytime.

@ugatme

Really, the problems you just described were not caused by your router or ESET. If you were able to max out your connection in the night but not in the morning/evening then it is highly likely your ISP.

Don't be surprised if it starts happening again.

I've had my fair share of issues with ESET, uTorrent and my router, but eventually it all worked out, I'd recommend reading the support thread in the uTorrent forums, it will provide you with some specifics about uTorrent and ESET.

• Administrator

So no config of firewall?

Hey all, thought I'd share this experience I had using utorrent and ess v4.437. Download speeds were maxxing out but only between the hours of say after midnight to around 10 in the morning, then the bottom would fall out. I have a 10mb connection but all I could get was between 50kbs and 200kbs if I was lucky. Tried every possible firewall configuration but nothing worked. So must be my isp right? Replaced my regular adsl modem for a router modem with firewall, switched ess for eav, and now maxxing out 24/7. :sadwalk:

You could just call your isp and ask them if they throttle speeds during peak times, most ISPs do this as part of their fair usage policy. These things are usually documented with your contract. When you switch to a router make sure you port forward else uTorrent may be firewalled. You could always put back ESS to see if it causes the problem :(.

If I had to guess though I would say that the problem was either your ISP or the modem. If your old modem was just a modem without routing abilities then it means it would have forwarded the public IP to your pc and you pc could only handle so many concurrent connections and dns queries which is what caused the network slowdown in the first place. When you replaced the old modem with a router modem CPE, the router handled all the connections and dns queries alot better. All modems have a finite limit to the amount of simultaneous connections they could handle and most older equipment and the low end belkin and linksys choke because of their weak conntrack limit of 512 connections.

There are even weaker routers on the market called compact routers that come with a whopping 4MB of ram which means they could probably handle way less than 512 connections. You could tell based on the browsing performance, if you launched uTorrent and tried opening 5 webpages at once all of a sudden you get loads of page timeouts and have to click refresh. My advice would be to get a Zhone or Paradyne ADSL CPE router modem because they come tricked out with Broadcom CPUs on an ASUS motherboard and have a whopping conntrack limit of 2048. This is pretty good for a home adsl modem. The one you switched to is probably this good as well and it enhanced your network performance.

Archived