ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

• Administrator

As I told it was the modem.

@LeetPirate. I don't know about anywhere else but here in my country D-link is the most used router. So what is your thought on it?

• Replies 584
  • Views 90.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I told it was the modem.

@LeetPirate. I don't know about anywhere else but here in my country D-link is the most used router. So what is your thought on it?

About D-Link? I can't rate a brand name in this case because they make a wide variety of products some of which may be good and others may not. For example D-Link has a range of cheap routers and switches that probably use RealTek switch chips and some low end Atheros cpu whereas they also have more expensive units with better guts. Basically you can't judge a device till you know what's inside, kind of like a book. For home networking equipment I would avoid any device with Realtek and Marvell chips inside, they just don't cut it. For true power you want something loaded with Broadcom chips or high end Atheros although Broadcom is more versatile. Of course you can't just know this by watching a device on the shelf of a store, this is where google comes in. Somewhere on some website should have a review of the device with pictures and if you can't find one then you check the FCC database website for an idea of what is inside a device. I don't like to rely on the FCC website because they have low res pictures and don't remove the heatsinks so sometimes you cannot see the chip model. D-Link often has routers that are clones of other brands like Airlink101 and Trendnet, this means all 3 brands get their pcb from the same manufacturer and just slap on their branded cases over it and sell it.

• Administrator

So bad my ISP only allows D-link.

@DKT27:

Change ISP :lol:

LOL. :bag:

I don't think they can tell you what hardware to use, they probably only sell d-link because they have some sort of business agreement with that company to supply them with hardware. Most ISP around the world have similar arrangements with some hardware vendor to supply them with modems. However you could buy any adsl modem and just configure it with the correct settings for your isp and it will work. Also you have not checked the inside of the d-link modem to see what it's made of, it could be a very good piece of equipment.

• Administrator

No I cannot think of changing it not even when jokin. Search google, good ISP in india, and you will find the answer.

• Administrator

There only two good ISP here and one I have.

• 1 month later...

Today i restarted my computer after windows updates and i received the below error i tried to disable nod32 and re-enable but nothing i also logged off and then logged back on but still the same error message.

I'm running Vista Home Premium sp2.

Posted Image

• Administrator

I cannot see any serial or a fixes problem here. Did you tried to reinstall ESET?

I cannot see any serial or a fixes problem here. Did you tried to reinstall ESET?

I tried to do a repair and it canceled when it didnt find the install file but the problem seems to have gone away for now :unsure:

• Administrator

No not by repairin it. Even repairin doesn't work for me. Just uninstall and install it again.

ANW let us know if it happens again.

Today i restarted my computer after windows updates and i received the below error i tried to disable nod32 and re-enable but nothing i also logged off and then logged back on but still the same error message.

I'm running Vista Home Premium sp2.

Posted Image

if the problem persists

uninstall then reboot,install again then reboot(Shought suggested this to someone on this thred0

• Administrator

I think that tip was for Box Mara- fix? :think:

• Administrator

@Patrick744: Revo is great but it will not work as ESET asks you to instantly reboot after uninstallation so............

• Administrator

Well again I don't remember it properly but as long as I remember it forces you to reboot instantly.

@Patrick744:

The uninstaller opts for a reboot to remove some ESET associated registry keys.

It's best that you reboot first before removing the leftovers ;)

• Administrator

If we reboot first Revo will not be able to remove the left overs.

I see Posted Image

You're both using 3rd party uninstallers. I was talking about ESET's uninstaller.

Well, better forget my suggestion, as I never use 3rd party uninstallers.

• Administrator

Use them they are great. :yes: Same are really safe also. If you use them you will not need to use a registry cleaner for leftover items :D. ANW does ESET has a downloadable uninstaller?

Archived