shought

• Replies 584
  • Views 90.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
updates through Microsoft for ess 4.0

3 updates needed for nod to work.

xp pro sp3

I found that after installing Nod32 v4, it is better to do a windows updates. (dllhost.exe??)

My pc does not load properly after installing Nod32 v4 (need to reboot twice, everytime I turn on the pc, before it load properly),

but after the windows update, it is working OK again. :frusty:

Same here, using XP Pro SP3

updates through Microsoft for ess 4.0

3 updates needed for nod to work.

xp pro sp3

I found that after installing Nod32 v4, it is better to do a windows updates. (dllhost.exe??)

My pc does not load properly after installing Nod32 v4 (need to reboot twice, everytime I turn on the pc, before it load properly),

but after the windows update, it is working OK again. :frusty:

Same here, using XP Pro SP3

Agree !

Had same problem when some Windows updates were missing.

to stop having "dllhost.exe" loaded every time,just go to Setup -> Enter Entire Advanced Setup Tree -> Tools -> System Updates -> select "No updates" (wont effect the upgrade of virus definition and/or the core of the program!)

to stop having "dllhost.exe" loaded every time,just go to Setup -> Enter Entire Advanced Setup Tree -> Tools -> System Updates -> select "No updates" (wont effect the upgrade of virus definition and/or the core of the program!)

This has already been posted and added to the Second post in this topic ;)

Thanks anyway for your contribution :) (Bringing this back up again won't hurt anyone)

lonelystarz

I cannot verify my license and there is no date on when my license will expire in Protection Status. When I click on Help>Verify License Validity

Error window appears with following text:

"License could not be verified. Please enable access to the expiration database server exp01.eset.com"

What is the problem?

I cannot verify my license and there is no date on when my license will expire in Protection Status. When I click on Help>Verify License Validity

Error window appears with following text:

"License could not be verified. Please enable access to the expiration database server exp01.eset.com"

What is the problem?

no problem. <_<

what do you mean by no problem? this is normal? <_<

yes

sometime you will see a license date, sometime you don't.

Finally said goodbye to v4 ess. uTorrent started acting up yesterday and after wasting 8 hours on trying to fix it I'm back to v3 and all is well. If anyone is using utorrent and has any tricks that work please let me know. Just can't afford to sit and play games all day.

The problem was torrents (from different trackers) constantly going offline (timed out) .

After 2 days and 12 packs of cigs :blink: :wacko: I found out the problem was in my isp's network which they finally straightened out. So back on v4 and couldn't be happier :dance2:. Working like a charm.

Guys, WHFF is kinda down.. Any other links for Eset Nod32 v4 ?

Want to try it out ;)

Nvm, found the Trail link @ the other topic :P

I couldn't find an option to add an exception for utorrent with ESS 4.0.314

I followed the steps in the second post, but there is no menu for web browsers in this edition; any suggestions?

I followed the steps in the second post, but there is no menu for web browsers in this edition; any suggestions?

It should work exactly like it says there, could you tell us where you got stuck?

It should work exactly like it says there, could you tell us where you got stuck?

After entering the advanced setup -> web access protection, the only options I see (2) are under the HTTP, HTTPS tab...the two options are: address management and active mode.

I know that in Nod32 V3 I could put an x through utorrent in the web browser section of the advanced mode, but that section doesn't seem to exist in this version.

Thanks for your help.

NOD32 4 is lagging my computer so i had to Uninstall it... Ehhh...

old computer? ;) lol!

After entering the advanced setup -> web access protection, the only options I see (2) are under the HTTP, HTTPS tab...the two options are: address management and active mode.

I know that in Nod32 V3 I could put an x through utorrent in the web browser section of the advanced mode, but that section doesn't seem to exist in this version.

Thanks for your help.

It does exist, it's the section 'Web browsers'. Web access protection > HTTP, HTTPS > Web browsers ;)

old computer? ;) lol!

lol new actually it is nod32 v4... running the v3 with no problem i guess it is the automatic start up scan or something. needs new improvements .

old computer? ;) lol!

lol new actually it is nod32 v4... running the v3 with no problem i guess it is the automatic start up scan or something. needs new improvements .

Its not that bad on my old pc (P4), it lag for a few seconds due to auto file scan.

I disabled the scan also... V4 has issues with a lot apps.

V2 V3 ftw.

v4 - bye bye

VIPRE? Stepping In?

Thanks for your help.

It does exist, it's the section 'Web browsers'. Web access protection > HTTP, HTTPS > Web browsers :)

I've included a screen clipping of my the layout from my anti virus...I don't know what I'm missing?

2vuwjyv.png

ps. I changed my software from ESS to regular anti virus (in case you're wondering).

This is definitely a problem with your computer, look at a screenshot of my installation:

2wc1x0i.png

Try 'Repairing' ESET(Start > All programs > ESET > Uninstall > Repair).

Archived