ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

Can someone check ESS v4 Verify license validity button.

When i press on Verify license validity button i get an error with something like: The Server cant be reached. Please enable access to exp01.eset.com......

Edit: It Looks like there was some problems with the server it works now again...

• Replies 584
  • Views 90.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need help, I have Smart Security V4, and when I use eMule (Upnp Mode), I must disable Smart Security Firewall to connect eMule server.

There are a solution to allow Upnp in Smat Security ?

Help me please. :P

I need help, I have Smart Security V4, and when I use eMule (Upnp Mode), I must disable Smart Security Firewall to connect eMule server.

Yes, there is, but I currently don't have Smart Security installed. You need to edit your 'Local Network' and 'Allow UPnP' in it. (If that still doesn't work you should exclude eMule.exe from it's traffic being filtered.

The version number on the front-page and announcements should be corrected ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 4.0.317 ---> ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 4.0.417

The version number on the front-page and announcements should be corrected ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 4.0.317 ---> ESET NOD32 AntiVirus 4.0.417

Thanks for the note, has been fixed ;)

i tried nod32 V4 and ended up with a BOSD on my XP sp3 pro with saying that "irql_not_less_or_equal" after removing nod it fixed the problem and i was able to use the pc once again, anyone knows how to fix this?

i tried nod32 V4 and ended up with a BOSD on my XP sp3 pro with saying that "irql_not_less_or_equal" after removing nod it fixed the problem and i was able to use the pc once again, anyone knows how to fix this?

Normally it has something to do with the RAM but.....

Try to do a windows update first before installing Nod32 v4.

@iakovl:

I agree with kotaxor, and while you're at it, update your drivers (not literally :rolleyes:)

From what I read on techspot, that problem seems to point to either bad ram or faulty driver code. let me paste some of the relevant data for convenience. Some dude named Howard said this:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level (IRQL) that was too high. (A kernel-mode process can access only other processes that have an IRQL lower than, or equal to, its own.)

Go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hard drive.

I also recommend, that you disconnect anything not required to run your system.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

it is 100% not ram or hdd problem.

installed nod32 > reset = BSOD

anoter reset > SAFE mode (it works) > removed nod32 > reset > XP = BSOD free

Hello.

There appears to be a fix for your problem in the News and Updates forum.

chrisTM out.

Yes, there is, but I currently don't have Smart Security installed. You need to edit your 'Local Network' and 'Allow UPnP' in it. (If that still doesn't work you should exclude eMule.exe from it's traffic being filtered.

Help me please. :win:

To prevent filtering of eMule check whether the following post # 76 in this same thread helps:-

Post # 76

(substitute µTorrent with eMule)

Help me please. :win:

Read my post #25 on this link. I had the same problem getting UPNP to work with ESS 4.

Good job, Donaldo & LeetPirate!!!

I hate it when Peeps in distress fail to show up & thank you for your efforts.

Good job, Donaldo & LeetPirate!!!

I hate it when Peeps in distress fail to show up & thank you for your efforts.

Back with a bang! :w00t:

@All:

I don't mind those peepz who don't give appreciation (not sure about the others though) :w00t:

I just hate those people who are bossy (e.g., give me this! give me that!) :D

I have stopped getting myself worked up on account of the above categories of 'thankless' & 'bossy' characters.

What amuses me is a new category of members who are simply reluctant to try out solutions - one such sample can be reached at the following location.

Sample Of Reluctance (Mr. Know-it-all) :)

I have stopped getting myself worked up on account of the above categories of 'thankless' & 'bossy' characters.

What amuses me is a new category of members who are simply reluctant to try out solutions - one such sample can be reached at the following location.

Sample Of Reluctance (Mr. Know-it-all) :)

In the UK, we have a Ford motor car called KIA (Know-It-All) - a small car with a small Engine but a big ego.icon6.gif

Hello Mo Husen

Looks like there was a little misunderstanding on that thread - the issue has been put to rest.

Amen

:)

Hello Buddies.....

I'm using XP Pro SP3, and installed ess 4.0.417.0.

I'm running uTorrent and had no trouble at all with any program, except Mozilla Thunderbird - In advanced Setup>Antivirus and antispyware>Email client protection>POP3POP3S>Email clients, if I have Thunderbird checked.... it fails to start. I have to uncheck it to Thunderbird starts over.

Do you think there is any security issue in having it unchecked?

I've already searched in wilders anda someone singed this issue, but I don't find a solution...

Any suggestion, please?

All my best

Sample Of Reluctance (Mr. Know-it-all) :rolleyes:

In the UK, we have a Ford motor car called KIA (Know-It-All) - a small car with a small Engine but a big ego.Posted Image

LOL! :)

Hello Buddies.....

I'm using XP Pro SP3, and installed ess 4.0.417.0.

I'm running uTorrent and had no trouble at all with any program, except Mozilla Thunderbird - In advanced Setup>Antivirus and antispyware>Email client protection>POP3POP3S>Email clients, if I have Thunderbird checked.... it fails to start. I have to uncheck it to Thunderbird starts over.

Do you think there is any security issue in having it unchecked?

I've already searched in wilders anda someone singed this issue, but I don't find a solution...

Any suggestion, please?

This should not be a problem, I have been using Thunderbird for a while without any AV installed and found it to be very secure. (PRAY< lol)

You can go to:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/faq

Archived