[JOTD] Joke of the day

rudrax

Edward Hale, while chaplain of the U.S. Senate, was asked, "Do you pray for the senators?"

He quickly replied, "No. After getting to know the senators, I pray for the people."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My husband calls me the bomb.

Not sure if it’s because I’m super attractive or because I might go off any minute!

Math Teacher: "If I have 5 bottles in one hand and 6 in the other hand, what do I have?"

Student: "A serious drinking problem."

With Elton John being 76, now when you hear him saying "I'm Still Standing!"

That means he's waiting for someone to bring him a chair.

mBBCDYq.jpeg

• Haha 3

image.thumb.jpeg.9237d3f0bf1ad921983be31

• Haha 3

image.thumb.jpeg.5752e247009a0b40d4c0ee1

• Haha 2

Census Taker: 'How many children do you have?'
Woman: 'Four.'

Census Taker: 'May I have their names, please?'
Woman: 'Eenie, Meenie, Minie and George.'

Census Taker: 'Okay, that's fine. But may I ask why you named your fourth child George?'

Woman: 'Because we didn't want any Moe.'

Lady: Do you drink?

Man: Yes

Lady: How much a day?

Man: 3 6 packs

Lady: How much per 6 pack

Man: about $10.00

Lady: And how long have you been drinking?

Man: 15 years

Lady: So 1 6 pack cost $10.00 and you have 3 packs a day which puts your spending each month at $900. In one year, it would be $10,800 correct?

Man: Correct

Lady: If in 1 year you spend $10,800 not accounting for inflation, the past 15 years puts your spending at $162,000 correct?

Man: Correct

Lady: Do you know that if you hadn't drank, that money could have been put in a step-up interest savings account and after accounting for compound interest for the past 15 years, you could have now bought a Ferrari?

Man: Do you drink?

Lady: No

Man: Where's your f*cking Ferrari then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Harold and Al were on a small chartered airplane when the pilot suddenly had a heart attack.
"Don't Panic," cried Harold heroically. "I'll land this baby!"
Seizing the controls he headed for the runway at LaGuardia Airport, and began wrestling the diving plane to the ground. Just as the wheels touched the ground, Al screamed, "Red lights!! Right in front of you!"
Immediately Harold threw the engine in reverse and jammed on the breaks, bringing the plane to a violent stop just inches from the edge of the lights.

"Brother!" he puffed, wiping his brow. "That sure was a short runway!"

"Yeah," agreed Al, looking side to side, "but look how wide it is."

A Football team was on the field during practice, when to their surprise, a big turkey suddenly walked up to the coach and demanded a tryout.

“Are you crazy,” hollered the coach, “we don’t give tryouts to turkeys.”

Before he knew it the turkey started dashing towards the football and made a fantastic catch.

“That was amazing,” exclaimed the coach.

“I have never seen anything like that! How much do you want for a year?”

“Don’t worry about money,” said the turkey, “let me just ask you something, does the season go past Thanksgiving?”

NgkFQGS.jpeg

Did you hear about the old man whose birthday one year lasted only one minute?

It was his sixty-second birthday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

An old couple were talking.

The wife asked her husband, "How many women have you slept with?"

"Only you, Darling,” the man replied proudly. “With all the others I was awake."

A man and his wife arrive from a business trip and go to his favorite steakhouse unaware of the mad cow outbreak in his town.

The waiter sits them and says, “Our special today is duck or shrimp.”

The man replies, “I want a T-bone steak medium-well.”

The waiter, a bit miffed continues, “What about the mad cow?”

The man looks at the waiter and says, “She can order for herself.”

A man in Topeka, Kansas decided to write a book about churches around the country.

He started by flying to San Francisco and worked east from there. Going to a very large church, he began taking photographs and notes. He spotted a golden telephone on the vestibule wall and was intrigued by a sign which read: "$10,000 a minute." Seeking out the Pastor he asked about the phone and the sign. The Pastor explained that the golden phone was, in fact, a direct line to Heaven and if he paid the price he could talk directly to God. The man thanked the Pastor and continued on his way.

As he continued to visit churches in Seattle, San Diego, Chicago, Greensboro, Tampa and all around the United States, he found more phones with the same sign and got the same answer from each Pastor.

Finally, he arrived in Texas. Upon entering a church in Dallas, behold, he saw the usual golden telephone. But this time, the sign read: "Calls: 35 cents." Fascinated, he asked to talk to the Pastor.

"Reverend, I have been in cities all across the country and in each church I have found this golden telephone. I have been told it is a direct line to Heaven and that I could talk to God, but, in the other churches the cost was $10,000 a minute. Your sign reads 35 cents. Why?"

The Pastor, smiling benignly, replied, "Son, you're in Texas now. It's a local call."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A couple of young children are at day care one day when one of the little girls approaches Tommy and says, "Hey, Tommy, wanna play house?"

"Sure! What do you want me to do?" he asks.

The little girl replies, "I want you to communicate your feelings."

"Communicate my feelings?" questions a bewildered Tommy. "I have no idea what that means."

The little girl smirks and says, "Perfect. You can be the husband."

John-"Excuse me, sir, may I have tomorrow afternoon off? The wife wants me to go shopping with her."

Boss-"Certainly not."

John-"Thank you, sir, I knew you'd understand."🤪

image.thumb.png.39fa94b99413ff421b1b95c1

Spoiler

Reminds me of the newspaper For Sale ad... "Large dog for sale. Easy to feed, loves children". :)

A man lay sprawled across three entire seats in a theater. When the usher came by and noticed this, he whispered to the man, "Sorry, sir, but you're only allowed one seat." The man groaned but didn't budge. The usher became impatient.

"Sir," the usher said, "if you don't get up from there I'm going to have to call the manager."

Again, the man just groaned, which infuriated the usher who turned and marched briskly back up the aisle in search of his manager. In a few moments, both the usher and the manager returned and stood over the man. Together the two of them tried repeatedly to move him, but with no success. Finally, they summoned the police.

The cop surveyed the situation briefly then asked, "All right buddy, what's your name?" "Sam," the man moaned. "Where ya from, Sam?" the cop asked.

And with pain in his voice, Sam replied, "The balcony."