dcs18

It works on 968, the one I'm using.

What I uploaded for you was build 966 - from where did you get the 968?

Feeling a slight lag on boot time though.

That's because Diskeeper starts-up with Windows (loads a service, too.)

Should I disable 'Prefetcher' via windows 8 man.?

That will kill the responsiveness of your programs - better to use CCleaner on Prefetch data (in a calibrated method.)

• Replies 691
  • Views 90.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one I told you to download asuming that to be a update. But that is a seperate build. Won't matter as long as shajt's p@tch keeps working.

Is it necessary to keep diskeeper to start with windows? What if I set the service to manual?

Hey, can you tell me, how to add a wildcard entry for a site in windows hosts?

I mean, if I want to add nsane.com to the hosts, it should be effective for all *.nsane.com and nsane.com/*.

sorry for the intrusion ..... :P

i read somewhere in forums that wildcards don't work in hosts file...

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/194551-alcohol-120-2025830-final-retail-repack-by-kpojluk/?p=683676

Also yesterday i have installed Diskeeper 2011 Enterprise built 15.0.968.0 (32bit)

found on

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/113842-diskeeper-2011-pro-premier-enterprise-server-1509660/?p=664118

posted by egzetar, working ok ..

I dont know for x64 tho ..

Thank you

I've already have the .968 x64 installer from the pre-mentioned post

just dont know if 64bit patch works with .968

Can't test it right now ( i'm on x86)

@Rivenson, thanks for the hosts' info.

64-bit p@tch provided by dcs18 and codded by shajt works fine in 64-bit 968 built. I'm the one using it with windows 8.

Some bad news - just installed the latest 968 build from 2011 and it turned out to be Professional, not EnterpriseServer.

The last EnterpriseServer released for Diskeeper 2011 was build 966 (the one which I've been using all along) - not build 968.

So, why would a client computer gonna need a server oriented tool?

Sheer unadulterated performance @ the same resources - why do I always need to settle for anything that plays second fiddle?

I remember having written an article (and a tutorial) that went viral on this particular myth - most folks live under a wrong notion that only servers have the monopoly of using the EnterpriseServer (try searching my posts using the parameter Titan.)

I guess that's for x64 version? cause on my rig (x86) i have .968 EnterpriseServer

(at least thats what it say) dont know if otherwise internally ...

EMmU5aw.png?1

Patching the Professional Edition with the EnterpriseServer option on the shajt patch makes the Professional Edition display (wrongly) as EnterpriseServer.

Unfortunately, it does not effectively convert Professional into EnterpriseServer - to gain full mileage the actual EnterpriseServer installer must be used (it's of a larger size - that's what I was protesting about, in the first place.)

Here's the un-patched Professional Edition from the rudrax link:--

LoQ97Ph.png

If you instal a copy of windows, that can be later converted to any edition using a certain key. Then why can't this happen with Diskeeper?

Some installers contain all concerned flavors and depend upon a certain type of key to unlock a certain edition (within the installer) - Windows (and shajt) follow the principle of the multiple edition installer whereas Diskeeper does not.

That one is 21.11 MB.

Mine is 40.5 MB.

the 40.5 MB .exe file contains both 32&64 bit installers

the 21.11Mb setup, is just the 64 bit

anyhow ... he's right for patch

Have uninstall/reinstall it in order to check it

and indeed .968 is Pro version (unpached)

I'm switching now...

@dcs18, rate these out of 10

Windows firewal

Zone Alarm Firewal

Comodo firewal

Windows firewal

What's this PoS? :unsure:

Zone Alarm Firewal

Comodo firewal

User Friendliness (learning curve):--

ZoneAlarm Pro 9.25 / 10

COMODO Standalone 4.75 / 10

Overall Effectiveness:--

ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0 / 10

COMODO Standalone 8.5 / 10

Footnote:--

• The best suite, IMO - the venerable KIS (however, better to employ standalones for finer granularity.)
  • If I had not started learning my firewall rules with ZoneAlarm Pro, I'd not be using COMODO, today (or any firewall, for that matter.)

And how much for windows inbuilt firewall?

On my thread, anyone can enter and have great fun - going off-topic is also fine, by me . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but bringing crap like Windows Firewall, here - is close to crossing the line. :lol:

On my thread, anyone can enter and have great fun - going off-topic is also fine, by me . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . but bringing crap like Windows Firewall, here - is close to crossing the line. :lol:

That's brutal insult to MS firewall, man! :omg:

If you insist on using it maybe others might recommend Windows Firewall Control - I can't offer my 2 cents on stuff that I have not personally tested.

Okay. So where is the offline installer of ZoneAlarm Pro Firewall 2015 x64? Google didn't help me on the offline installer!

Archived