dcs18

Not to worry about the screws - you should be able to obtain those from your local hardware mart.

• Replies 691
  • Views 90.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope, those screws won't screw me up.

BTW, that mobo is UEFI enabled. So, will you recommend to go with it or I should prefer with the legacy MBR?

BTW, that mobo is UEFI enabled. So, will you recommend to go with it or I should prefer with the legacy MBR?

Legacy MBR, only if you're planning on Windows 7.

Certainly UEFI, if you're planning later than Windows 7.

Hey I have found a tutorial here to download windows 8.1 officially. Now the question is if the 8.1 there embedded with the spring update.

Hey I have found a tutorial here to download windows 8.1 officially.

Since you have an issue of bandwith - did you try using Windows Update, instead?

Now the question is if the 8.1 there embedded with the spring update.

That article is quite old - written on

14th November, 2013.

Hmm, you are right.

Edit: I'm thinking of downloading 8.1 ISO first and then updating to update 1.

So where's the official ISO download link for windows 8.1?

Hey I have found a tutorial here to download windows 8.1 officially. Now the question is if the 8.1 there embedded with the spring update.

What is GA Rollup 1, BTW?

did u leave the world for a while :lol: or were busy in sumthing else? :naughty:

read here for ur query :http://winsupersite.com/windows-8/ga-rollup-provides-updates-windows-81-rtm

in short there were two iso one W8.1 RTM, other W8.1 with GA update (the later including more updates than the former)

screenshot_1397705076.png

At least the resume capability is :yes: otherwise :rofl:

@Hdcs18, the problem was with Zone's privacy F^ toolbar. I've uninstalled that and now no more IDM conflict and data tickings.

Now, shake that Holy phat a$$. :rofl:

Glad you got that solved - since you're moving forward to the 8.1 Update, maybe you might now possess the firewalling expertise to play with the COMODO Firewall (if you so wish to.) :think:

Yeah, obviously I'll try COMODO on 8.1.1

I will also be able to get assisted better in that case as you are using it.

Let that 3.7 GB finish first.

screenshot_1397705076.png

@rudrax, why do you not look into this topic, i believe it is the best way to go for you. First page is an easy "how to" guide, then look at last few pages for just the small patch download you need for converting your existing ISO into the new Win 8.1 Update ISO.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/40466-How-To-for-XDELTA-conversions

SmartVersion

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/189907-smartversion/

@rudrax, why do you not look into this topic, i believe it is the best way to go for you. First page is an easy "how to" guide, then look at last few pages for just the small patch download you need for converting your existing ISO into the new Win 8.1 Update ISO.

SmartVersion

I missed this notification. So you mean, with this tool, I can convert my existing windows 8 to windows 8.1 update? Holly hell! How could this be even possible?

screenshot_1398145928.png

This is a shot from TCP view utility. I don't recognize other hosts except those pointed two. Is there anything to panic?

SmartVersion

I missed this notification. So you mean, with this tool, I can convert my existing windows 8 to windows 8.1 update? Holly hell! How could this be even possible?

As long as you have an ISO, a delta patch can convert it to another ISO (within limits).

LostED has nearly most patches already made for conversions required, or you can request what you want.

The new ISO will match exactly sha1 etc.

Why i suggest to you, is the patch is only about a third of size to download ;)

@tezza, Holly smoke!

If I fail to download the ISO that I'm currently downloadin, I'll try this trick.

@Hdcs18, I've completed the assembly. Now waiting for the monitor to be delivered. After that, I'll update here the config of the first PC assembled by me.

P.S. - if anything goes wrong, that's dcs18's fault, not mine :tooth:

@Hdcs18, I've completed the assembly. Now waiting for the monitor to be delivered. After that, I'll update here the config of the first PC assembled by me.

You don't need to wait for the monitor to arrive - if you have the proper interconnecting cable, you can just use your existing laptop screen as the (temporary) monitor. That's how we use projectors in our training sessions.

I do not have the VGA cable.

What happened to my TCPview shot?

If you're serious on turning Pro., I'd suggest buying these tools of the trade - at least, one by one.

Archived