dcs18

• Replies 691
  • Views 89.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I heard that keylogging is not allowed in W8.

That and some more - what I like about the security aspect of Windows 8 is that it can be calibrated and even switched off completely.

@ rudrax

Just 27 hours remaining would seem encouraging to me - I expect though, you might also be required to take frequent breaks to allow your laptop to cool-off.

LazyPotato

Yeah I heard that keylogging is not allowed in W8.

That and some more - what I like about the security aspect of Windows 8 is that it can be calibrated and even switched off completely.

Is a malware like Conficker (just an example) able to switch keylogging protection off?

Is a malware like Conflicker (just an example) able to switch keylogging protection off?

Probably yes - but, with Windows 8 even though you can get infected (the malware won't survive at reboot.) This is due to the Early Launch Antimalware security feature.

It's at reboot that malware actually get to trigger themselves through Windows startup - the sub-station, at that point refuses to boot if any code-based infection is detected.

@ rudrax

Just 27 hours remaining would seem encouraging to me - I expect though, you might also be required to take frequent breaks to allow your laptop to cool-off.

Yes sir. I can't download all the time. During net, system heats up sooner than usual. And, this is the largest file I have ever downloaded with this connection.

@tezza, don't laugh at my speed, I'm GPRS user :tooth:

LazyPotato
Is a malware like Conflicker (just an example) able to switch keylogging protection off?

Probably yes - but, with Windows 8 even though you can get infected (the malware won't survive at reboot.) This is due to the Early Launch Antimalware security feature.

It's at reboot that malware actually get to trigger themselves through Windows startup - the sub-station, at that point refuses to boot if any code-based infection is detected.

Interesting...I'll look up later when I get the chance to get Win 8. Hackers are pissed now :dance:

The Windows Updates that were released a few moments ago do not seem to have reverted any part of the Windows 8 skinning to default.

Boss, I'm about to get the download completed. I'm expecting to run the installation today night or tomorrow morning.

So tell me, how to cook the ISO?

An announcement you've been waiting for + 8.1 ****storm a day early

StartIsBack will be back again for Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2! Current versions of StartIsBack are not compatible with those operating systems.
If you install current StartIsBack versions, nothing will happen. You should uninstall StartIsBack if you're willing to try 8.1 or 2012 R2 preview upgrade. SIB versions earlier than 2.0 can crash the OS.

StartIsBack will return Windows 7 menu recreated with all the details and experience you're accustomed with and improvements to the total UI experience, adapted to 8.1 changes; new cool features as well.
I advice you DON'T try Windows 8.1 on real machine as Preview build seems VERY buggy, with user experience NOT really improved. Start button is nice but lame. Bugs are obvious.

New version of StartIsBack will be a free upgrade for all users who purchased StartIsBack previously.

Windows 8.1 preview is horrible so you shouldn't expect StartIsBack for Windows 8.1 very soon.
StartIsBack.Next test builds will still work on Windows 8 for some time. Please try to discuss it on https://moot.it/startisback

New version of StartIsBack will be a free upgrade for all users who purchased StartIsBack previously.

Tihiy, not only a dev who charges an actual affordable price for his work, but a dev that understands the meaning of lifetime license. :showoff:

Ah, great news!!!

Once you verify the checksum of your ISO - I'd suggest customizing it as per the following:-

"How To Hack The Windows 8 ISO"

Alright. In the recipe, you have stated a Default Installation product key - where do I get one?

And, there is nothing about creating a bootable USB.

Tihiy, not only a dev who charges an actual affordable price for his work, but a dev that understands the meaning of lifetime license. :showoff:

Tihiy has not charged for his work - despite my suspicion that he might've had to re-invent the wheel to a certain extent. ^_^

Ah, great news!!!

Once you verify the checksum of your ISO - I'd suggest customizing it as per the following:-

"How To Hack The Windows 8 ISO"

Alright. In the recipe, you have stated a Default Installation product key - where do I get one?

And, there is nothing about creating a bootable USB.

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/159972-how-to-hack-the-windows-8-iso/?p=597947

Archived