dcs18

• Replies 691
  • Views 89.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally has been updated UxStyle for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and is now available for download both x64 and x86

http://uxstyle.com/

I do not understand that much about this as i am minimalist.

1. Isn't Windows 8/8.1 beautiful enough naturally?

2. All this customisation does not give your Operation System extra time to load and using your ram background slowing down your system little bit specially using 3rt Party softwares. Personally i never install anything i really don't use often if i use some program rarely i will try to find the Portable Edition [but good Portable maker such as Fuken Gruven and few others]

@November_ra1n

Windows 8\8.1 is naturally beautiful, IMO. But we want something new, something extra than the usual one and the most important thing that a geek need is the freedom to customize and that's why the uxstyle is out there.

The customization elements that are provided in this thread are from virtualcustoms.com by Mr. Grim. Lately, I was using those things in windows 7 and never felt any impact on windows performance.

Finally has been updated UxStyle for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and is now available for download both x64 and x86

http://uxstyle.com/

I do not understand that much about this as i am minimalist.

1. Isn't Windows 8/8.1 beautiful enough naturally?

2. All this customisation does not give your Operation System extra time to load and using your ram background slowing down your system little bit specially using 3rt Party softwares. Personally i never install anything i really don't use often if i use some program rarely i will try to find the Portable Edition [but good Portable maker such as Fuken Gruven and few others]

LOL. I only changed my desktop wallpaper this morning from the Win8.1 "yellow" :lol: , and i use only portable softwares myself except for a few installed programs.

just trying poison theme from Mr GRiM. Everything's good until I look at office 2013 20DKsVM.jpg
some applications with default white backgrounds become like this.

I wonder if it only happens to me :)

just trying poison theme from Mr GRiM. Everything's good until I look at office 2013

some applications with default white backgrounds become like this.

I wonder if it only happens to me :)

@rach,

as dcs not present on forum at present, suggest you search here or sign up and ask question, MrGRiM is helpful and always takes time to answer questions.

http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1117-Mr-GRiM-s-Windows-8-Themes

Yeah, this is coming out to be one of the drawbacks of the visual styles from Mr. Grim. A few components of windows and some third party apps gets messed up with the UI.

The thing is, when a app or window is executed, for its GUI, it draws certain BMPs and PNGs from certain DLLs. A particular window or app may be codded to use some certain PNGs or BMPs from DLLs. When a third party visual style is installed it replaces/ovrrides the original DLL components with new one - not all but a few. After the installation of the visual style, DDLs to be modified becomes mixures of original and third party visual components. So on execution of a window/app, its GUI is codded to use the particular BMP/PNG from a DLL which is not replaced/overridden by the 3rd party visual styte, the GUI of the window/app also becomes the mixure of the original and third party visual style.

• 3 weeks later...

now I'm using theme from here (for Win 8.1)
http://liveordietm.deviantart.com/art/AeroByDesign-For-Windows-8-1-401771941

UxStyle link for Windows 8 or later version that was lost but now is back, but stated as possibly bugged
http://uxstyle.com/builds/UxStyle_sep23_x86_x64_possibly_bugged.zip

finally I can see dark theme with white font color ( which not possible with the default of windows 8 ) and enjoying it for now :)

UxStyle link for Windows 8 or later version that was lost but now is back, but stated as possibly bugged

finally I can see dark theme with white font color ( which not possible with the default of windows 8 ) and enjoying it for now :)

@ rach

Thanks for link, i know somebody who will be happy to have this :)

my lock screen and logon are totally black, once the bug coming. I used UxStyle and theme that I posted before :rolleyes:. It happened three times but I just realized it. I'm still not sure about why this is happening exactly. beware!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I use custom icons 'Metro Uinvert Dock Icons(725 icons set)' and Stardock Fences for Windows 8.1 everything is minimal and beautiful!

• 1 month later...

y not just use windowblinds 8

Because u can't get the sick ass ....Mods that you can with a custom theme...using say...windows style builder, with Top shell....custum Explorer frame.dll. custom tones...

if one is that simple or just does not Care about this then by all means just run what you know.....it all works the same!..

just be carfull u can get addictid.......VC... almost for got...Q: = Yes it can Be Better......my opinion...and thanks for the topic...

• 2 months later...

y not just use windowblinds 8

WindowBlinds has it's own positives for folks on a better-than-average hardware.

However, it does not usually skin the icons - not unless one uses a .suite file instead of the popular & commonly available .wba file.

Another issue with WindowBlinds is that it consumes more resources. :(

@ rach

Thanks for link, i know somebody who will be happy to have this :)

:) Righto . . . . . . . . . where've you disappeared, mate - have always maintained our womenfolk are far more tech savvy than the menfolk. Do check-in whenever you're free. ;)

Off-topic

One of my friends wants to assemble a PC. He just want a basic rig at the least price possible. I have opted him the second config under 20k from

here. In that config, I have removed the monitor and added the one in the first config, the 16 incher. He also won't be needing DVD writer as he already have one. So, I expect it to be assembled around 18k.

The assembling part is going to be done by me, the first one in my life. So wanna ask you a few question.

Who will provide the screws for fitting the mobo into the chassiss? Will it be packed inside the mobo or the chassiss will carry with it?

Will the heat sink and thermal compound (if necessary) packed inside the CPU?

Off-topic

One of my friends wants to assemble a PC. He just want a basic rig at the least price possible. I have opted him the second config under 20k from

here. In that config, I have removed the monitor and added the one in the first config, the 16 incher. He also won't be needing DVD writer as he already have one. So, I expect it to be assembled around 18k.

The assembling part is going to be done by me, the first one in my life. So wanna ask you a few question.

Who will provide the screws for fitting the mobo into the chassiss? Will it be packed inside the mobo or the chassiss will carry with it?

Will the heat sink and thermal compound (if necessary) packed inside the CPU?

Congrats - way to go. ^_^

The screws and other components accompany every bit of hardware that's purchased.

The Thermal Compound shall have to be applied since the CPU is a separate component, as well (Shopkeepers have it in loose stock, though - they do it free for you.)

It's like this - none of the components are in an assembled state, your challenge will arise in the wiring department.

Ask for FreeDOS - that will save some bucks (take the latest Windows installation DVD - no need to download the damn thing.) Effect a tie-up with a good Distributor - so, no need to download any future Windows.) After bargaining and agreeing to the amount, you can instruct your Dealer to assemble the rig at their shop itself. They will also dispatch the assembled package to your friend's house without charging for transportation.

Archived