dcs18

ZoneAlarm is a LSP based firewall and I can now recall that it always had an issue with IDM (which is LSP based, too.)

You can try playing with the ZoneAlarm settings, to resolve the issue.

Don't know how to do it :dunno:

Edit: Hey, will windows 8.1 update1 be released officially on 14th april for public?

• Replies 691
  • Views 90.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit: Hey, will windows 8.1 update1 be released officially on 14th april for public?

The 8.1 Update 1 is a beta that has been released long ago - it's of no use to you.

The 8.1 Update has already been officially released to the public. ;)

Seems, I'm never getting out of this confusion. Fcuk you MS for getting things so complicated.

So, you are telling now that 8.1 update1 is the beta stage of 8.1 update, is that it?

There's no confusion - at the final release on RTM, the name is changed (an usual practice.)

The current release was the Spring Update 1 at beta - changed just before release to the general public to the 8.1 Update.

So, can I download the 8.1 with update iso officially without subscribing to MSDN or Technet?

If yes, where is the link?

If no, get me a secure source that you trust.

Hell, I'm gonna download the ISO 3.7GB with GPRS. This should pe posted in JOTD thread.

ATM, I'm myself running the one deployed through Windows Update - found some differences between the MSDN & the RTM.

Have not yet downloaded my copy of the full-blown ISO.

That's for me, BTW :naughty:

I want a official download link for the iso or any other source that you trust.

Alright. Here I found some setting. Tell me which to check/uncheck:

screenshot_1397310287.png

screenshot_1397310479.png

This configuration page is not relevant to your LSP issue.

BTW, on this page - personally, I'd un-tick (un-check) Enable outbound e-mail protection for this program.

Okey.

So there will be some 'LSP' word in somewhere between the settings. What's LSP in full, BTW?

You won't find mention of that word, it's frowned upon in the world of security - it stand for a layered service that's used by the Provider.

Mega isn't loading here. Just shows a cloud image in the page.

So, 4 parts of my order has arrived - CPU, MOBO, RAM, HDD. The mobo carries 2 SATA cables but no screws for fitting it to the cabinet. Will the cabinet carry the screws?

And you know, the CPU I bought, has the thermal paste applied to the heat sink itself by intel (a bit solid but that will melt in time).

So, 4 parts of my order has arrived - CPU, MOBO, RAM, HDD. The mobo carries 2 SATA cables but no screws for fitting it to the cabinet. Will the cabinet carry the screws?

And you know, the CPU I bought, has the thermal paste applied to the heat sink itself by intel (a bit solid but that will melt in time).

Will the cabinet carry the screws?

That depends on the stature of the cabinet - high-end cabinets ship with exhaustive accessories.

Good, the factory-shipped thermal paste does actually last longer - hope you didn't get tempted to finger it.

Somebody has to ship with the screws man, else I'm gonna be damn screwed up.

Luckily not. I was about to nail that but suddenly realised that could be the gray sh!t of intel.

Archived