Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

I would like to put a site suggestion out there. It would be nice to have the 'Viewed Times / Comments Made / Post Comment' bar on the Downloads pages too. The News posts' bar.

Posted Image

The Downloads pages' bar.

Posted Image

It would be nice to easily see comments made for the download page that you're on and easily post a comment instead of searching the forum for the download name to find it's post.

Edited by randomjester

I would like to put a site suggestion out there. It would be nice to have the 'Viewed Times / Comments Made / Post Comment' bar on the Downloads pages too. The News posts' bar.

Posted Image

The Downloads pages' bar.

Posted Image

It would be nice to easily see comments made for the download page that you're on and easily post a comment instead of searching the forum for the download name to find it's post.

This is a great suggestion but unfortunately it brings with it quite a few coding challenges.

There is no link between the news topic (which is where the comments end up) and the downloads topic (which is where you can download the application) other than the link from the news topic to the downloads topic. So it would be quite easy to display information from the downloads topic in the news topic (since the news topic contains the unique identifier (the link to) of the downloads topic), but it is rather hard to display information from the news topic on the downloads topic because there is no (easy) way for for 'the downloads topic' to identify which news topic is (the latest that is) 'linked' to it.

I'll think about creating a functionality like this, but I don't think it'll be easy. If anyone with some coding experience has any suggestions, by all means go ahead ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

"subscribe to this thread" option and subscription folders :showoff:

See on the top right of a thread, there's a button called "Follow this topic". That's your subscribing method. ;)

To manage your subscriptions, click on your name on top right and click "Content I follow". :)

Further more, you can go to My Settings > Notification Options and select how and for what you'll be notified.

"subscribe to this thread" option and subscription folders :showoff:

See on the top right of a thread, there's a button called "Follow this topic". That's your subscribing method. ;)

To manage your subscriptions, click on your name on top right and click "Content I follow". :)

Further more, you can go to My Settings > Notification Options and select how and for what you'll be notified.

almost 90% forums i see had option "subscribe to this thread" and u can create subscription folders as ur wish and send subscribed threads to a particular folder.

why to complicate those features B)

• Administrator

These features are implemented by default in Invasion Power Board 3.2, the one we are using. IPB has always been ahead of other forum boards and sets examples for others.

I'm not an expert in subscribing to threads, but if you ask me, IPB's system is quite simple as it can get.

ok

question :

how to go to first unread post in a thread !!!

iam struggling alot with this version of forum :(

any thread in this forum about accessing features of IPB :rolleyes:

Click the 'star' or 'dot' icon on the far left of the topic (in the forum view, on the index you can just click the last post date), this will bring you to the first unread post (I agree it is well hidden, I couldn't find it for a month either).

Click the 'star' or 'dot' icon on the far left of the topic (in the forum view, on the index you can just click the last post date), this will bring you to the first unread post (I agree it is well hidden, I couldn't find it for a month either).

oh my goodness ..seen now

actually in all other forums it is just beside thread title ,easy to know and navigate :D

actually in all other forums it is just beside thread title ,easy to know and navigate :D

No, in all forums that haven't updated to IPB 3.x yet that's where it is ;)

The majority has already/will be upgrading to IPB 3.x at some point though... (I agree this behavior is a little odd, but we're using IPB's products so we're limited by their decisions up to some extent.)

• Administrator

"Like This" button in every post is a new thing implemented in v3.2 that gives +Rep to a person. The number of reps can be found by going to a member's profile or just hovering over his user ID on a post.

As for the Contests, we have one time to time. At the moment we have Current Forum Star. :)

thank you very much for the info :D

i seen u had 323 reps(excellent) :D

there are bunch of features which are hidden in IPB.if i came to know all of them then probably i will say IPB is best/better than vbuttein .lets see how it goes :D

Edited by don2

i would love if someone finds/posts/makes a patch or crack or serial or even buy the MiniLyrics full so we would see the bugger txt gone for ever...hehe...very nice lyric add on...indeed..if i were not stuck in this shit hole of mine..i would for sure buy it!

i would love if someone finds/posts/makes a patch or crack or serial or even buy the MiniLyrics full so we would see the bugger txt gone for ever...hehe...very nice lyric add on...indeed..if i were not stuck in this shit hole of mine..i would for sure buy it!

I'm sorry but we don't allow requests for illegal material ;)

• Administrator

Depending on your Minilyrics skin, there's an "x" (close) button on top right of that message, once you start clicking that x, there will be a time you won't get any free version message nor that text.

okey then give us Zoom Player MAX 8.10 one of most versatile players i've ever seen with the ability to ZOOM on videos!

can i share a link or...nah..u all can go get it down here...

Edited by Aphotic

please add first and last page option during browsing a long topic pages which is sometimes irritating!! :(

Thank you! :) :)

please add first and last page option during browsing a long topic pages which is sometimes irritating!! :(

Thank you! :) :)

It's already there, the << icon is for going to the first page and the >> icon is for going to the last page. (They won't show when you're on the first or last page respectively.)

got it, my bad!!

sorry for the trouble and thanks again for quick reply! :)

No problem :)