Site / Forum Wishlist

spasserfan

• Administrator

Why not to frontpage Adobe AIR?

You know which or how many applications are using Adobe AIR? At times Adobe bundles it with it's softwares but I can't find any famous software using it. :dunno:

AIR is like SunJava.. and it is used to jack in Flash API's and create applications which use Flash locally instead of being embedded.... There are several applications created which use it... and Silverlight...

I also have one question about the news postings.. I have noticed that in fact when a news article is posted by the but that it takes quite a while for it to actually be posted... Those delay actually creates a problem where the article itself is listed in past posts... and they don't appear as new articles themselves..

Edited by HX1

There are countless apps built on AIR, but not the "famous" type. The platform still has issues though. I don't see any advantage on frontpaging it, this is not some kind of plugin everybody has a use for.

• Administrator

AIR is like SunJava.. and it is used to jack in Flash API's and create applications which use Flash locally instead of being embedded.... There are several applications created which use it... and Silverlight...

I also have one question about the news postings.. I have noticed that in fact when a news article is posted by the but that it takes quite a while for it to actually be posted... Those delay actually creates a problem where the article itself is listed in past posts... and they don't appear as new articles themselves..

What toyo said above. ^^

Yea I know, well, the articles need to be approved manually, hence not visible during posting times (plus the times are not correct), there probably isn't any fix for this, but will see.

For fun, and additional AIR info: 60+ Useful Adobe AIR Applications You Should Know

@HX1: I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean. Can you give an example of when it happened to you, and with exactly what post/thread. If you can, detail it a little.

PS: If any of you want to try some easy AIR development, install Flash and Flash Catalyst and play with them.

This might just be me... and not even matter I will have to get back to you... I remember thinking this before.. BUT I think its an effect of being logged in reading everything.. then logging out... It probably doesn't matter and right now is a bad time anyway.. sorry.. I ill have to come back to it..

Edited by HX1

• Administrator

I think its to do with with our checking/ approval system of news posts. They may take several hours to become visible for members.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I know nsanedown have alot of codec packs, but CoreAVC is just so simple and easy and fast. It is a "must have" for anyone watching HD movies. So my suggestion is to put CoreAVC on the frontpage :D

Thanks for the suggestion. It's frontpaged now. :)

Hi, guys! I'd like to recommend Zentimo xStorage Manager to be on frontpage to replace USB Safely Remove. It is better and have more functions than USB Safely Remove has. See post in here for more details. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

What about Google+? :) Button, and "fanpage" in the future (Google plans to start with fanpages in 2 weeks). :) I think it's so much better than FB.

• Administrator

We are new to release a new version of our website sometime soon (we hope!). Plans are a-foot to implement this button then.

• 1 month later...

Why not to add to VirtualBox download page at FP, the Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack?

It adds

support for USB 2.0 devices, VirtualBox RDP and PXE boot for Intel cards.

Why not to add to VirtualBox download page at FP, the Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack?

It adds

support for USB 2.0 devices, VirtualBox RDP and PXE boot for Intel cards.
+1

please add Pc tools Performance Toolkit is super program for speed up pc, regystry cleaner, disk defragment and all in one suite i use long time and is super program ^_^

Edited by macehardtek

• 2 weeks later...

It would be cool to create some kind of "legacy" group for long time users, like when nsane himself was running things. Same permissions as a ViP. I guess there wont be anything too special about the group other than some recognition for a long time of faithfulness to this forum. :)

Edited by 69-stang

and im not just saying it because im one of those people either, some of those members are still stuck with "lower" titles just because they don't post much and I don't think that's fair.

@69-stang : I see your picture ( avatar ) and it is exactly the same as @RobrPatty . Are you twin brothers ?

haha nope, but i can say i got mine first lol :P

• 4 weeks later...

Double Post Idea.

If some 1 double posts then the second post already gets combined and added into the first post.

Of course Ive thought ahead and some people need the first 2 posts of a forum. (I'm sure there's a work around for that).

Double posts within 1 minute are already merged together :)

But thanks for the suggestion ;)

Okay.. new forum I know.. BUT.. I noticed a few tags are not working as intended.. like 'INDENT'. I was wondering if it woudl be more prudent to fix these tags if they are deprecated in usage.. or are these going to eventually be working?

I have noticed that lists and few others are automatically done that way now.. and does not require the extra tag.. so I was sort of wondering..

Cool.. works for me...BUT .. don't hate me.. :P BUT.. In the profile section.. Notifications for Private Messages.. will allow you to select inline notifications.. but nothing else..Not a big deal with turning on inline, but thought it was odd they can't be checked.. and I think mine were before the update/upgrade.. :)

EDIT: I posted this in the wrong thread/Topic didn't I...

Edited by HX1

• 3 weeks later...

Just two little wishes: Status updates should be cool if they could have smiles available too, and why no to add a tag feature when you put @username (as in Facebook and Twitter)? It would be nice... :)