ESET Ultimate Topic

luminoso

I suppose you already have "Box4Ever-C-Fix" - haven`t tried yet ? Do it then .

cheers

Jofre

PS: Those interested on "Box Fixes" ,"MarsuFix 2.1" or "Vadim Fix", just click on my name and "Send Message "

I asked Box yesterday for his automatic fix. He sent me BoxMaraEset3Fix1.4.exe (340 KB), - I just installed Eset AV (3.0.642) and this fix a little while ago, looks good so far, no error windows with this one, says 31 days right now, i'll see if it keeps working on reboots.

Is this fix he sent me, the same as the "Box4Ever-C-Fix"

that your talking about, jofre ?

---------------------------------

Fuely :

No, isn`t the same ! " Box /Mara Eset3Fix1.4.exe " is the last one - automatic; "Eset3-Box4Ever-C-Fix" is manual with full instructions how to use it.

cheers

Jofre

BOX very Good,My ESS BE+HOME all OK!

• Replies 259
  • Views 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feedback for Eset3Box4ever©

XP SP2 x86

EAV 3.0.642.0

This one involves new manual registry modifications.

I have been running it for 3 days. Trial period remains 31 days and updates are coming with no problem.

Another nice release from Box! Thanks.

Eset 3.0.650.0 released today

• Fixed problem with updating from a mirror http server when NTLM authentication is used.

• Fixed problem with display of license expiration date.

• Fixed integration issue with Microsoft Windows Mail under Windows Vista.

• Fixed firewall issues.

download links on Eset Alternative Update Server

lonelystarz

eset_eval server down? i can't update my virus signature..

but it doesn't ask for password or anything..it just say couldn't connect to server..

now i cannot convert my retail to trial version..

eset_eval server down? i can't update my virus signature..

but it doesn't ask for password or anything..it just say couldn't connect to server..

now i cannot convert my retail to trial version..

eval severs r fine i can update

Hi All,

Try my new crack. Hot off the press. No more restarting your PC to get 31 days because it stays at 31 days forever. It is similar to Box C but it is now an automatic install. I have done extensive testing on XP and Vista x86. No x64 to test it on. Sorry it took so long to get this out. Vista security policy kicked me in the butt but I got the upper hand at the end. You need to PM me for the fix. I'm sending a link to Jofre also. Please provide feedback. Box :dance2:

Hi All,

Try my new crack. Hot off the press. No more restarting your PC to get 31 days because it stays at 31 days forever. It is similar to Box C but it is now an automatic install. I have done extensive testing on XP and Vista x86. No x64 to test it on. Sorry it took so long to get this out. Vista security policy kicked me in the butt but I got the upper hand at the end. You need to PM me for the fix. I'm sending a link to Jofre also. Please provide feedback. Box :dance2:

hi box! send a pm to luminoso, so he can update the first page...

Hi All,

I have no idea what that means.

Hi All,

@box

Send this new fix link to luminoso so he can display your new fix on the front page.

It will be easier for nsane people to download. That way you and jofre won't have

to pm everybody.

Hi All,

@box

Send this new fix link to luminoso so he can display your new fix on the front page.

It will be easier for nsane people to download. That way you and jofre won't have

to pm everybody.

yes sorry :dance2: this is what i wanted to say... :frusty:

Hi All,

@box

to pm everybody.

Sent

For those who I sent the link to Box4ever(D), please ignore the instruction in XP (:frusty: where it said to run as administrator. Also you might want to PM me again to get the new link. So sorry. :dance2:

Some new fixes for Eset 3.0 are released:

1. MaraFix v2.2

totally automatic in this version, no need to add eval server manually.

2.Box4ever(D),

another good fix from Box, remains 31 days all the time especially no need to re-boot ,always 31 days

3.Nodlogin 8.1

I'm still haven't got this ver in hand. What's new in this version? I really want to test it. Ver. 8.0 sometimes are hard to update

nodlogin 8.2 released

for those who want it, join ulisses mailing list (google groups)

the group have the name: nodlogin

#2: This one is still in Pending stage....but while you may not post direct links leading to 3rd party sites.... you are able to post about 50% of the hole link....

- (ex: httpdot//rapidshare.com/files/123456/example.rar)....now you can break this link down....posting only what comes after "/files/"....

- (ex: 123456/example.rar) specifing if the link is either a rs one in which case the post would look like this (rs: 123456/example.rar)...or mediafire (mf:)I do believe that this is allowed

so? now is possible this way?

Commercial VS Trial VS Business editions:

All the editions are different and have different porpuses. Commercial is the full eset program. It does provide updates and module updates. Trial versions don't provide module updates, only theartsense updates. Business editions are just like commercial, but are usually for big corporate clientes of eset and may or may not have admin interface.

Hi, luminoso...

I'm a bit curious about this module update...

I'm currently using ESS 3.0.650 (trial version) with Box4Ever1.8... I've just run an update a couple of minutes ago, and apparently I got module updates too...

(Pls see screenshot)

Could somebody please explain this?

:D

post-6906-1208574141_thumb.png

Commercial VS Trial VS Business editions:

All the editions are different and have different porpuses. Commercial is the full eset program. It does provide updates and module updates. Trial versions don't provide module updates, only theartsense updates. Business editions are just like commercial, but are usually for big corporate clientes of eset and may or may not have admin interface.

Hi, luminoso...

I'm a bit curious about this module update...

I'm currently using ESS 3.0.650 (trial version) with Box4Ever1.8... I've just run an update a couple of minutes ago, and apparently I got module updates too...

(Pls see screenshot)

Could somebody please explain this?

:D

One can still receive module updates with the trial version. I believe luminoso posted that before this was discovered.

One can still receive module updates with the trial version. I believe luminoso posted that before this was discovered.

But according to this ESET knowledge base http://training.eset.com/kb/index.php?opti...mp;articleid=38 "trial versions of ESET NOD32 do not download program updates."

Are ESET referring to modules update when they mentioned "program updates"? Or do they mean update like from 3.0.642 to 3.0.650?

But according to this ESET knowledge base http://training.eset.com/kb/index.php?opti...mp;articleid=38 "trial versions of ESET NOD32 do not download program updates."

Are ESET referring to modules update when they mentioned "program updates"? Or do they mean update like from 3.0.642 to 3.0.650?

They are referring to updates like from 3.0.642.0 to 3.0.650.0. Anyone who was using 642 trials at the time of that update noticed that they had to re-download 650 all together in order to upgrade.

They are referring to updates like from 3.0.642.0 to 3.0.650.0. Anyone who was using 642 trials at the time of that update noticed that they had to re-download 650 all together in order to upgrade.

but with the full version it will make updates like from 3.0.642.0 to 3.0.650.0??? sure?

but with the full version it will make updates like from 3.0.642.0 to 3.0.650.0??? sure?

No, I think you still need to be registered with them in order to download the setups of their new versions.

Hey, i am wondering about something.

What is the REAL difference between NOD32 v2.X and NOD32 v3.X ? (Other than the GUI)

Does the new v3.XXX find and protect against more viruses/worms/malware/spyware than the older v2.XXXX or is it only a graphical upgrade?

I will be happy to recieve links to where i can read about the real differences also with your opinions!

Thanks!

Archived