ESET Ultimate Topic

luminoso

Anyone know a third-party update server that has module and definition updates? Got some russian ones but afaik they do not provide module updates :dance2:

Using NOD32 smart security business

• Replies 259
  • Views 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Check out the results at AV Comparatives - I neither subscribe/agree/disagree/ to the views expressed by them nor do I advocate the same to anyone else:-

Thank you all for your comments.

The above chart shows both Avira & ESET AV to be as good as each other.

I have used Comodo Firewall only before -it was good.

However, I prefer to use AIO Security Suite rather than individual packages since I have found from experience that a Suite uses less resources overall.

Hence my question re best Security Suite between the three I mentioned or any other for that matter.icon14.gif

You should add the False positives chart as well... Which clearly shows, if I recall correctly, that ESET has less than Avira. Also ESET is much more/better configurable than Avira.

The AV-Comparatives Publishers have proclaimed Avira The AV Product Of The Year 2008 - which implies that they've made this judgment after taking the 'false positives' into consideration.

As far as I'm concerned their verdict doesn't excite me to the point of replacing my NOD32 (V2) with Avira.

Thank you all for your comments.

The above chart shows both Avira & ESET AV to be as good as each other.

I have used Comodo Firewall only before -it was good.

However, I prefer to use AIO Security Suite rather than individual packages since I have found from experience that a Suite uses less resources overall.

Hence my question re best Security Suite between the three I mentioned or any other for that matter.icon14.gif

Actually, my reply was directed to Bizarre™ - not to you. I was casually following the link that he had posted (innocently believing that ESET had been declared the winner.) It was only on closer inspection that I just happened to notice that the verdict was actually in favor of Avira and not ESET as The AV Product Of The Year 2008.

One thing I can confirm: Avira has many false alarm compare to Nod32.

Been using these 2 on different computer for months now, still prefer Nod32.

I have tries avira even went out and purchased Bit defender and a few other anti virus programs and i have come back to eset after each one

I have tries avira even went out and purchased Bit defender and a few other anti virus programs and i have come back to eset after each one

Ha, ha I have tried Avira, AVG, Clamwin, Norton 2008 ,Symantec Corporate Edition and even Karparsky. (beat you on that. lol) ;)

Make me look like a ^_^

And then always come back to Eset :unsure: :omg:

Ha, ha I have tried Avira, AVG, Clamwin, Norton 2008 ,Symantec Corporate Edition and even Karparsky. (beat you on that. lol) ;)

Make me look like a ^_^

And then always come back to Eset :unsure: :omg:

yea me to...i tried symantec....biggest piece of crap software out there.... resource hog and just try to uninstall it...wow what a headache doing that. not so bad since symantec put that uninstall utility on their website but a lot of people did not know about it as they kept it a semi secret so as not let people think their software had big uninstall issues

Guys, end of the day it's we - the ultimate 'warez' prowlers that decide the best software for ourselves, not laboratory blokes like AV Comparatives & Co.

BTW, V4 is all set to kick ass whenever ESET sets it loose on Avira & Co.

Guys, end of the day it's we - the ultimate 'warez' prowlers that decide the best software for ourselves, not laboratory blokes like AV Comparatives & Co.

BTW, V4 is all set to kick ass whenever ESET sets it loose on Avira & Co.

Just wondering, if version 3 is good, why suddenly a version 4 within a year.

Version 3 was launch near the end of last year, right? <_<

I remember Nod32 v2 was around for a few years.

Is Eset trying to come up with a 'hack proof' version??? :mellow:

Cause Nodlogin and NodEnabler does not work in version 4. (Yet), don't know about the trial version though.:wacko:

Is Eset trying to come up with a 'hack proof' version??? <_<

I don't believe 'hack proof' software exists...

Shhhh - if one of those ESET f*****s is stalking this Board, they'll deprive me of my trusty V2. <_<

Shhhh - if one of those ESET f*****s is stalking this Board, they'll deprive me of my trusty V2. :)

What make you think they are not already here :tease:

One of my comp has been using v2 for years, since nsane fix and now Nodlogin. Working exceptionally well all the time! ;)

@Mo Husen: I can vouch for CIS' firewall, but not the AV... it has yet to come to maturity ;)

Bizarre™

Thanks for your recommendation, is it a freebie like Comodo icon14.gif

@Mo Husen: Absolutely ;)

Then that's one more to choose from, though comodo firewall is very good, I have used it in the past. the only question mark is against it's anti-virus prog which is newish.

I prefer AIO security suite, generally imo they use less resources in total.

Check out the results at AV Comparatives - I neither subscribe/agree/disagree/ to the views expressed by them nor do I advocate the same to anyone else:-

While at it - Maximum PC gave this for a score

(Yeah I know they are not doing the same test - more like AV + Firewall - but ok):

tablecw4.jpg

McAfee Total Protection 2009

Verdict: 6

Norton Internet Security 2009

Verdict: 9

Kaspersky Internet Security 2009

Verdict: 6

AVG Internet Security 8.0

Verdict: 7

Avast! 4 Home Edition

Verdict: 5

AviraAntivir

Verdict: 8

FRISK Software F-Prot Antivirus

Verdict: 5

AVG Free Edition

Verdict: 3

ESET Smart Security

Verdict: 9

Full article

@Mo Husen: If you wait longer for CIS' AV it will eventually come to fruition... but for now, stick to COMODO + ESET combo :rolleyes:

@Mo Husen: If you wait longer for CIS' AV it will eventually come to fruition... but for now, stick to COMODO + ESET combo ;)

Bizarre™,

OK, thanks,

but I am a bit confused about which cure to use for ESET anti-virus, having read the forum. Some say one of the cure no longer works, others say it does. unsure.gif

Which version of ESET av & which cure do you recommend I useicon14.gif

My o/s is XP Pro with sp-3

@Mo Husen: If you wait longer for CIS' AV it will eventually come to fruition... but for now, stick to COMODO + ESET combo ;)

Bizarre™,

OK, thanks,

but I am a bit confused about which cure to use for ESET anti-virus, having read the forum. Some say one of the cure no longer works, others say it does. unsure.gif

Which version of ESET av & which cure do you recommend I useicon14.gif

My o/s is XP Pro with sp-3

I sent you a PM....

Archived