ESET Ultimate Topic

luminoso

Can some1 provide the link for the latest version of NODLogin? Anyway, isn't it against the rules for posting links?

Sry 4 my bad EN.

• Replies 259
  • Views 43.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not use an alternate update server like google ?

This thread is great, assuming it stays updated as new developments occur. It's aggravating having to read through so many BS replies in the other thread.

A few questions for Jofre (or anyone who happens to know)

So, Jofre, you are recommending using either the Masupilami or Box4ever fixes now? What exactly is the difference between the way the two work, out of curiosity?

Edit: Oh, and why is there the BoxForever(A) AND BoxForever(B)? Which is preferred?

Also, what happened to BoxAuto (Box-Mara Eset3Fix.exe) - Is there something wrong with it? I'm using it right now and it seems to be working fine

Sorry for asking so many questions. I'm trying to get everything straight

why is this thread invisible ^_^

edit:

anyways the thread is visible again as you guy can see....

however...

- Should you guys post more 3rd party direct links such as rs this thread will be deleted

- Also stop quoting 10 posts....if you must quote then only quote the post/part you are interested in, not the hole post containing previous quotes

...we don't want a hole page being composted of a single post containing a thousand quotes :)

now about the dl link....you have 2 choices here:

#1: Either you give the links via pm's....yes i know it can be frustrating getting 20 pm's in less than 4 minutes

#2: This one is still in Pending stage....but while you may not post direct links leading to 3rd party sites.... you are able to post about 50% of the hole link....

- (ex: httpdot//rapidshare.com/files/123456/example.rar)....now you can break this link down....posting only what comes after "/files/"....

- (ex: 123456/example.rar) specifing if the link is either a rs one in which case the post would look like this (rs: 123456/example.rar)...or mediafire (mf:)I do believe that this is allowed

Does someone have all these fixes, especially the latest in one zip/rar that is posted somewhere, if so could I get the link. Please PM me if u have it, thanks.

(...)

now about the dl link....you have 2 choices here:

(...)

#2: This one is still in Pending stage....but while you may not post direct links leading to 3rd party sites.... you are able to post about 50% of the hole link....

- (ex: httpdot//rapidshare.com/files/123456/example.rar)....now you can break this link down....posting only what comes after "/files/"....

- (ex: 123456/example.rar) specifing if the link is either a rs one in which case the post would look like this (rs: 123456/example.rar)...or mediafire (mf:)I do believe that this is allowed

That's great, guys I think the admins/moderators have been very fair with you, so don't abuse it :) Just do as Marik suggested, it's a smart and handy option.

(...)

- Also stop quoting 10 posts....if you must quote then only quote the post/part you are interested in, not the hole post containing previous quotes...we don't want a hole page being composted of a single post containing a thousand quotes :frusty:

(...)

Hehe, you might've noticed the (...) thingy(s) i put in the quote(s) of Marik's post, use that if you take out a part or something. This way people will know that you didn't quote the entire post (and you don't have to) and they can click the arrow in the 'title' of the quote to go to the whole post the 'quoted person' made.

If you don't want to go through all this mess (like i just did) just be the first to reply and people will understand that you're replying to the previous post :fear: (That is if they care to carefully read the topic...).

Well, one good reason not to use it is because -no offence- but you don't know the source of the files you are downloading. Call me over-sensitive but there is no way I would want to update my virus definitions EXCEPT from the original source. I suggest that this is a negative [-] that needs to be added here:

Since i am the owner of Eset Alternative Update Server you can comunicate with me at anytime. If the source was someone that i really don't know or something you don't know if works for shore, then yes, a [-] should be added

EDIT: update files also a very specific data structure. Any break on this structure will lead to a failure on updating the databases. so it's very difficult to inject something on the update signatures (e.g.: only possible with a NOD32 leak).

bearoninternet

Since it seems eset has done it's best to make an easy fix / patch nearly impossible, i decided to buy their product.

No more nagging, no more patching, just running nod in the background as it used to be.

I love their product, have been using it for years, now it's payback time for me i quess. :rolleyes:

Since it seems eset has done it's best to make an easy fix / patch nearly impossible, i decided to buy their product.

No more nagging, no more patching, just running nod in the background as it used to be.

I love their product, have been using it for years, now it's payback time for me i quess. :rolleyes:

and you done the right thing. Everytime i can i buy software. good software. The Eset Alternative Update Server is just an hobby. i don't even use eset or windows.

Gentoo linux here :rolleyes:

bearoninternet
Since it seems eset has done it's best to make an easy fix / patch nearly impossible, i decided to buy their product.No more nagging, no more patching, just running nod in the background as it used to be.I love their product, have been using it for years, now it's payback time for me i quess. :rolleyes:
and you done the right thing. Everytime i can i buy software. good software. The Eset Alternative Update Server is just an hobby. i don't even use eset or windows.Gentoo linux here :dance2:
Ubuntu here :frusty: . But i (have to) dual boot xp for work.I can understand running 'alternative' servers can be quite a sport :rolleyes: .Nsane's previous fix worked better than registering. So it realy was a 'fix'.

hej guys..

jofre, marsupilami I have a question :)

when i installed the mars...Fix4ever, and eset (doh:P) should i see in nod32 the amount off days that i have left :)

I installed it yesterday, and I saw today 29 days. (but i didn't mark "set updateparameters later" or something like that xD)

so i did it again, and this time i marked the "set updates... later"

did i do the first time something wrong? btw, i'll tell tommorow if it's counting down :)

hej guys..

jofre, marsupilami I have a question :)

when i installed the mars...Fix4ever, and eset (doh:P) should i see in nod32 the amount off days that i have left :)

I installed it yesterday, and I saw today 29 days. (but i didn't mark "set updateparameters later" or something like that xD)

so i did it again, and this time i marked the "set updates... later"

did i do the first time something wrong? btw, i'll tell tommorow if it's counting down :)

Ya haantjuh you are suppose to check the "set updates later" on every install.

Ya haantjuh you are suppose to check the "set updates later" on every install.

right... thnx :)

i did that when I installed it the second time... now let's wait til tomorrow :)

Kudos to all those involved for taking the time to get these fixes out. Really appreciated by all.

is better temdono fix, marsu fix or box4ever?

It is a matter of opinion regarding which fix is the best. TemDono 1.2 works very well but sometimes requires a reboot in order to reset the trial back to 31 days. The Box fixes work very well, but they require manual editing of the registry and can be difficult to get rid of (in my opinion). Marsu Fix 2.0 works extremely well and does not seem to have any faults. I would recommend Marsu Fix 2.0, but I have yet to even try version 1.2 for very long.

It is a matter of opinion regarding which fix is the best. TemDono 1.2 works very well but sometimes requires a reboot in order to reset the trial back to 31 days. The Box fixes work very well, but they require manual editing of the registry and can be difficult to get rid of (in my opinion). Marsu Fix 2.0 works extremely well and does not seem to have any faults. I would recommend Marsu Fix 2.0, but I have yet to even try version 1.2 for very long.

If Marsu Fix 2.0 resets time trial, it's because it is for trial. TI think that trial does not retrive modules updates, right?

If Marsu Fix 2.0 resets time trial, it's because it is for trial. TI think that trial does not retrive modules updates, right?

For awhile, I used TemDono 1.2 and received module updates. I have also read posts from other people claiming to also receive module updates with their trial versions.

For awhile, I used TemDono 1.2 and received module updates. I have also read posts from other people claiming to also receive module updates with their trial versions.

How do you tell if you are getting the module updates?

little popup window by the systray will say modules updated or check dates in "about".

Had problems with the first Marsu fix but v2 went without a glitch. Just had to reboot after update, it read 0 days instead of 31.

Archived