ESET Ultimate Topic

luminoso

little popup window by the systray will say modules updated or check dates in "about".

To prove that ESET will update the modules in the Trial Version:

(I applied MarsuFix)

i91294_EsetTrialModules01.jpg

• Replies 259
  • Views 44.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm using some user ID + password that I got from a site to update my NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.642. No other fixes or alternate update servers, just pure user ID + password. The thing is, I didn't notice any module updates on the event logs. Just virus signature database.

What about you guys? How do I go about ensuring both program module and virus signature databases are updated? Thanks :rolleyes:

post-9989-1206531569_thumb.jpg

If modules are being updated regularly, do this not mean that ESET will inevitably get wise to the fixes and update a module that will render the fix inoperable?

What are your opinions?

If modules are being updated regularly, do this not mean that ESET will inevitably get wise to the fixes and update a module that will render the fix inoperable?

What are your opinions?

possible thts why i shut down the module updfates

What are your opinions?

possible thts why i shut down the module updfates

People, remember that are commercial versions of ESET products at Eset Alternative Update Server.

This way you can have module updates, a real commercial product (not trial), no fix/etc.

its beucase you have only antivirus and updates were for smart security thats why :rolleyes:

Eset Alternative Update Server is for:

1) Eset Smart Security 64bits

2) Eset Smart Security 32bits

3) Eset NOD32 64bits

4) Eset NOD32 32bits

5) Linux/freebsd v3 versions

6)...

In other words: all v3 products.

its beucase you have only antivirus and updates were for smart security thats why :rolleyes:

Eset Alternative Update Server is for:

1) Eset Smart Security 64bits

2) Eset Smart Security 32bits

3) Eset NOD32 64bits

4) Eset NOD32 32bits

5) Linux/freebsd v3 versions

6)...

In other words: all v3 products.

Doesn't it work for the v2 product(s) too?

What are your opinions?

I believe the module updates are restricted to the antivirus and antispyware scanner module, advanced heuristics module, archive support module, cleaner module, personal firewall module, and antispam module. Since Eset has not been able to make these fixes inoperable with module updates (and it was only when the entire program was rereleased as 3.0.642.0 that TemDono 1.1 become obsolete), it can be assumed that Eset does not have the capability to do this with module updates alone. Trial fixes are and will remain the best solution.

When it says in Log- Events..:"Statistical Information was sent to ESET." What "Information."is this?

What are your opinions?

I believe the module updates are restricted to the antivirus and antispyware scanner module, advanced heuristics module, archive support module, cleaner module, personal firewall module, and antispam module. Since Eset has not been able to make these fixes inoperable with module updates (and it was only when the entire program was rereleased as 3.0.642.0 that TemDono 1.1 become obsolete), it can be assumed that Eset does not have the capability to do this with module updates alone. Trial fixes are and will remain the best solution.

Good point. That makes sense.

What are your opinions?

Good point. That makes sense.

Not really. For example i need to transmit to people a solution that works for a maximmum time possible on computeres that will far away from me. Alternative Update Server is the only solution for this. This way, i can simple send a email to everyone to update eset product to version X and have shore that:

1) Eset didn't broke any trial fix

2) Eset didn't have added fix binaries to the threat signatures

3) The fix breaks on the middle of any operation (eg. adware protector, that watch the registry activity)

4) Commercial program updates are usually faster than trial versions (only after a long time trial become same version number has commercial)

Eset Alternative Update Server is the only solution that i'll work most safely along the time without dramas and extra operations.

Also, this way I have shore that I am fully shore that eset product is running at it's full capacity, with it's full updates

I'm using some user ID + password that I got from a site to update my NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.642. No other fixes or alternate update servers, just pure user ID + password. The thing is, I didn't notice any module updates on the event logs. Just virus signature database.

What about you guys? How do I go about ensuring both program module and virus signature databases are updated? Thanks :rolleyes:

If you notice, there are some modules outdated, e.g. Advanced Heuristic Module @ 20080212, Cleaner Module @ 20080228. Is this normal? What about you guys (module versions)? FYI, my NOD32 Antivirus is a commercial version, downloaded using a valid key (but was blacklisted already) and updates are done using keys from some sites.

Not really. For example i need to transmit to people a solution that works for a maximmum time possible on computeres that will far away from me. Alternative Update Server is the only solution for this. This way, i can simple send a email to everyone to update eset product to version X and have shore that:

1) Eset didn't broke any trial fix

2) Eset didn't have added fix binaries to the threat signatures

3) The fix breaks on the middle of any operation (eg. adware protector, that watch the registry activity)

4) Commercial program updates are usually faster than trial versions (only after a long time trial become same version number has commercial)

Eset Alternative Update Server is the only solution that i'll work most safely along the time without dramas and extra operations.

Also, this way I have shore that I am fully shore that eset product is running at it's full capacity, with it's full updates

its good tht u host an alternate server but ur contentions on trial n retail are wrong

I have manually cracked the Trial version of KIS and KAV. I just need some one to package for me.

(I know this has nothing to do with this forum but I figure there are many smart people here.)

Do you have threatsense enabled? Check in advance setup, tools, threatsense.

Yes,ive just seen what you mean.Under Suspicious files should i tick Do not submit for analysis?

And under Statistics,Enable submission of anonymous statistical information should i untick it.

Hey guys, I have this little problem; I uninstalled my the .642 version and installed .645 Smart Security.

Everything seems ok, fix and all. But on problem arouses; whenever I "right click" a folder, there is supposed to be an option for the scanner to "scan" the current folder selected. Now it seems to be gone. I can't manually scan folders nor files though "right clicking".

Any insights?

Hey guys, I have this little problem; I uninstalled my the .642 version and installed .645 Smart Security.

Everything seems ok, fix and all. But on problem arouses; whenever I "right click" a folder, there is supposed to be an option for the scanner to "scan" the current folder selected. Now it seems to be gone. I can't manually scan folders nor files though "right clicking".

Any insights?

This might help.

Enter //Setup// or (F5)

Scroll down to //User Interface// //Context menu// and

put a check in the //Integrate into the context menu//

Archived