ESET Fixes

shought

instead of speaking about the eset fix we`re speaking about FARTS...awesome!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Replies 1k
  • Views 158.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right, let's bring this topic back on track :lol:

I have spent some time today tidying up code and bringing Lifetime Updater V1.5 out of beta.

Changes in V1.51 are as follows:

The name - thanks jofre.

Removed some redundent steps from the fixing process.

Only one button needed now.

Improved detection of the current state of your ESET installation (no need for force mode check box).

If Safe Mode is detected then the fix will be applied/removed the old way, without waiting for the ESET installer.

Monitoring of install/uninstall now runs under different thread, so it doesn't freeze up and can also now be be cancelled.

If you accidently click close while an installation is being watched - it will just minimize to tray instead, and pop back up when finished.

Additional guidance messages where needed.

Will now report an error if you try and Enable without Administrator rights - thanks to nemanja065 for bringing that to my attention.

Download V1.51

Site: http://www.mediafire.com/

Sharecode: ?aueecuynttvzzt4 [?]

*22/11/2010 16:18GMT - minor bug fixed which could possibly cause patching of GUI trial text to sometimes fail. Fixed and link updated.

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. I have used one to say “thank you” PurplebeanZ for the good job! & keep up the good work...;)

+1 :)

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. I have used one to say “thank you” PurplebeanZ for the good job! & keep up the good work...;)

+1 :)

appreciated :D

Good to know @PurplebeanZ is working (and fast) on ESET updater, now v.1.51

Time to test again.

Many Thanks ! :cheers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine is WinXP Pro Sp3 ( 32 bits )

Tested both ways ESET Updater 1.51 and it works like a ROLEX Watch :

1st way) - Installed in 1st place ESS 4.2.64.10, then rebooted in Safe Mode and apllied Eset Updater. Next, Rebooted again and updated the 28Mb of Virus signature database.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd way) - Applied Eset Updater 1.51, then installed ESS 4.2.64.10 and updated. Wasn`t necessary to reboot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

None problems found !

Excellent Work !

Congratulations again to @PurplebeanZ

@ PurplebeanZ

Silly ! question but can you p/s add a little install Instructions note in it .:)

@ PurplebeanZ

Silly ! question but can you p/s add a little install Instructions note in it .:)

Seeing as you asked so nicely - all done & link updated B)

@ PurplebeanZ

Seeing as you asked so nicely - all done & link updated B)

Thank you PurpleB :wub:

:D

Hi Guys,

I experience some installation problems in ESS v. 4.2.67, at the end of the setup during installation. It says that the setup has ended prematurely due to some error. I have un installed my previous version of ESS to upgrade. But unfortunately this problem pops up :( tried all the options (deleting the registry etc..) but still this problem occurs :(

Hope somebody can help me :(

Thank you in advance :)

Steps to fix this issue..

• Uninstall any fix you may have installed.. ( some simply need to be re-run. )
  • Try uninstalling using the Uninstall link that is in the ESET Folder in your Start Menu. The one in the Control Panel will always fail and if you run it once then it will fail regardless.
  • Go to eset.com and find the Uninstaller for your version of Windows. This is a simple tool created to remove all installation of ESET. Sometimes it is necessary.
  • Boot into Safe Mode where you will now run the tool.. Safe Mode ONLY...as Administrator.. follow instructions on eset.com..Then Boot normally..
  • Delete all folders and files relative to ESET in each account's Application Data section(s) and Program Files.
  • Disk Cleanup to clear out temp files.. or you can use something like WinASO to clean files..
  • Clean your registry ( again even if you did it before ).
  • Install most recent version of ESET Product you desire.
  • Any mods/fixes whatever your going to do. Import your settings file if needed.
  • Run an update. Downloads all current updates and creates the files on your system..
  • Defrag Your HD. Makes sure your new files are where they should be to have quickest access..
  • Clean the registry again.. for some odd reason this seems to speed ESET's Startup when loggin on..
  • Defrag your registry.. Just compacts your registry to have a quicker response time on boot.
  • All should work efficiently and properly..
Those are the basic steps I must perform each and every time I upgrade. I used to even Boot up with a disc to remove the ekrn.exe in some case before I had the Uninstaller...way back.. but this seemed to work and have the new installation fresh as it could be.. and running like it did before if not better with the new version.

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

It worked! :) followed all the steps that you have indicated and it worked like magic!:) i have even searched in the ESET forums for solutions but nothing worked. Im not the only one who had problems like these and im glad that nsane people answered my problem :) your'e even better than the eset people :) lol btw, installed perfectly though i did get keys from a site without using any fixes and got my complete update :)

Thanks again mate! :)

This fix, like also box, mara-, works perfectly!! :D

only one thing to say: with the italian version doesn't work the watermarks removal

Are you using 1.4 version of the fix? And, watermarks on Update page can not be removed, only on Protection status.

Cheers ;)

I want to have the big three B) box, mara, purplebeanz - Fix B)

-----------------------------------------------------

That will be a lot more expensive ... don`t think you have luck.

Are you using 1.4 version of the fix? And, watermarks on Update page can not be removed, only on Protection status.

Cheers ;)

yes, i used the latest version of the fix. also tried purplebeanz fix but is the same.

i'm running windows 7 32-bit italian version and eset antivirus 4.2.67.10 italian version

Archived