Forum Upgrade Bugs

shought

33 minutes ago, Lee said:

Works fine here.

Can you provide a screenshot of what happens?

Then, when he wrote it, it really has not worked.
But here is one other, a very important issue - namely, as long as no tag system, does not count on a decent search system work.

• Replies 895
  • Views 80.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Then, when he wrote it, it really has not worked.

A screenshot of the issue occurring would help us replicate. Otherwise, if the problem is no longer there it would be very difficult for us to troubleshoot.

9 minutes ago, Lee said:

A screenshot of the issue occurring would help us replicate. Otherwise, if the problem is no longer there it would be very difficult for us to troubleshoot.

I checked it then, the search engine could not find anything, not even not directed.
Nothing happened, was only white page with search box. Nothing more.

1 minute ago, Kalju said:

Everything works.

Well i'm missing the button on the right upper corner

2016-01-10_150209.thumb.png.87456f6ec322

is there some hideous bug/"feature" around here that makes "essential" (great posters) members leave?

why do they leave/stay silent these days... weeks?

something must be fishy...

dont like RSU shows every member what I say to someone. is this bug or made this way? ty

also bug is wrong birthdate. If put birthday as April31 it will show birthday at May1 cuz April only has 30 :)

14 hours ago, Lee said:

Works fine here.

Can you provide a screenshot of what happens?

Try searching with "Content titles only" selected.

All I get is the spinning circle on the right side. It never stops.

• Administrator
12 hours ago, asf said:

Well i'm missing the button on the right upper corner

2016-01-10_150209.thumb.png.87456f6ec322

Are you using any script blocker. If so, try disabling it or the adblocker too.

If those do not work, try clearing your browser cache and see.

8 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Are you using any script blocker. If so, try disabling it or the adblocker too.

If those do not work, try clearing your browser cache and see.

Indeed it was the adblocker, do you mind telling me how to add an exception?

Thank you

Hi Staff I found out something today that is 36 LIKES permitted a day - why - when one is active

in the forms, seems far to little and will cause short response clutter in the posts (not that I'd ever do it).

I have days I don't use any or very little, where are these Likes gone. Not pooled I guess.

I learn something everyday about the nsane forums...

Where can we see our quota count to know how many are left and - that we are governed to use them more wisely.

I thought the whole ideal was to keep forums post free of clutter by means of these likes and the button.

Can I buy more if I run out like I have?

How can I tell someone I like their thread or post without any?

I spend hours on the forums some days and to limit me to 36 isn't fair to myself or other forum members -

for I may only visit the thread or post once, meaning now to say thank you I have to remember and go back

tomorrow when I have some more in my bucket.

I can't remember using 36 today - maybe 16 to 20 at most.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, asf said:

Indeed it was the adblocker, do you mind telling me how to add an exception?

Thank you

Depends on the adblocker. Read more about it here.

The most common adblocker these days is uBlock. If so, press the uBlock icon when on nsane.forums and press the big button. Done.

I'm quite surprised it's being blocked though.

18 minutes ago, SURbit said:

Hi Staff I found out something today that is 36 LIKES permitted a day - why - when one is active

in the forms, seems far to little and will cause short response clutter in the posts (not that I'd ever do it).

I have days I don't use any or very little, where are these Likes gone. Not pooled I guess.

I learn something everyday about the nsane forums...

Where can we see our quota count to know how many are left and - that we are governed to use them more wisely.

I thought the whole ideal was to keep forums post free of clutter by means of these likes and the button.

Can I buy more if I run out like I have?

How can I tell someone I like their thread or post without any?

I spend hours on the forums some days and to limit me to 36 isn't fair to myself or other forum members -

for I may only visit the thread or post once, meaning now to say thank you I have to remember and go back

tomorrow when I have some more in my bucket.

I can't remember using 36 today - maybe 16 to 20 at most.

I think previously likes were even more limited than now. The amount of allowed likes increase as you rank higher.

It might be counting 24 hours or resets at a particulate time I think.

2 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I think previously likes were even more limited than now. The amount of allowed likes increase as you rank higher.

It might be counting 24 hours or resets at a particulate time I think.

I didn't know there was a system as this - as always your in the know and very helpful.

36 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

@SURbit You really would buy likes? !! :frusty:

Yes If I had to,

They have become a part of my forum life here.

I use for things like subject, information, display content, artistic contribution, sincere - honest - politeness.     :locked:

10 minutes ago, SURbit said:

Yes If I had to,

They have become a part of my forum line here.

I use for things like subject, information, display content, artistic contribution, sincere - honest - politeness.

Must be pretty rich then 

I would buy likes too but in Facebook :)

2 minutes ago, saeed_dc said:

Must be pretty rich then 

I would buy likes too but in Facebook :)

You miss the meaning I think, I'm only allowed to give 36 LIKES per day to forum members.

Such as for their posts and threads they made here and contributed at the forums.

I read your words like you think I want to buy likes to pad my count that I receive from other members.

This is not what I meant at all, and please don't twist my intent.

I found that I ran out today - yes all 36 LIKES - I guess I had given out to forum members since coming on.

I wasn't ready to leave and go elsewhere on the web, so the reason of my comment to buy more likes.

I told you earlier the why and my giving out system I use to give them to members.

I could give you a like, if I come to a post or thread of yours and found it good in one of my mentioned.

15 minutes ago, SURbit said:

You miss the meaning I think, I'm only allowed to give 36 LIKES per day to forum members.

Such as for their posts and threads they made here and contributed at the forums.

I read your words like you think I want to buy likes to pad my count that I receive from other members.

This is not what I meant at all, and please don't twist my intent.

I found that I ran out today - yes all 36 LIKES - I guess I had given out to forum members since coming on.

I wasn't ready to leave and go elsewhere on the web, so the reason of my comment to buy more likes.

I told you earlier the why and my giving out system I use to give them to members.

I could give you a like, if I come to a post or thread of yours and found it good in one of my mentioned.

What are you talking about? :blink: when did i try to twist your intention! 

I know you're not doing it for gaining reps or whatever you call it. 

I was just saying if i wanted to buy such things online i'd do it in a more public place with more audience.

Yeah 36 likes a day is a bit low but it can't be unlimited either, some users (not you) might overuse it or new users

might try to spam the forum...well this has happened in other forums and websites.

and........back to subject!

On 1/10/2016 at 3:51 PM, BiC said:

dont like RSU shows every member what I say to someone. is this bug or made this way? ty

also bug is wrong birthdate. If put birthday as April31 it will show birthday at May1 cuz April only has 30 :)

also sometimes nsane disconnects. is idle time setting?

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:19 AM, saeed_dc said:

What are you talking about? :blink: when did i try to twist your intention! 

I know you're not doing it for gaining reps or whatever you call it. 

I was just saying if i wanted to buy such things online i'd do it in a more public place with more audience.

Yeah 36 likes a day is a bit low but it can't be unlimited either, some users (not you) might overuse it or new users

might try to spam the forum...well this has happened in other forums and websites.

I guess I read more in to The Facebook meaning, and I guess,

I then twisted your words to my meaning not of yours. :sorry:

I understand there has to be limits on such things but, with limits and so

many good thread starters and posters in those threads -

I would like the days I don't use much [ to roll over for a couple months say 90 days ]

and then start over - that would be quarterly and I'd have a bigger pool when needed.

I think going for your monies worth (so to speak) why loose them and  make sure your

giving out your allotted amount.

That might be a form of abuse to the system in place too.

Then as members not having merit for them.

It's much easier to govern 10,000 than a million times 10,000 wouldn't you say.

I'd hate to be in the Mod's shoes at any time.

Peace - Love and Joy to all the Mod's - Staff - Founders

Where would we be without you !

12 minutes ago, SURbit said:

I guess I read more in to The Facebook meaning, and I guess,

I then twisted your words to my meaning not of yours. :sorry:

I understand there has to be limits on such things but, with limits and so

many good thread starters and posters in those threads -

I would like the days I don't use much [ to roll over for a couple months say 90 days ]

and then start over - that would be quarterly and I'd have a bigger pool when needed.

I think going for your monies worth (so to speak) why loose them and  make sure your

giving out your allotted amount.

That might be a form of abuse to the system in place too.

Then as members not having merit for them.

It's much easier to govern 10,000 than a million times 10,000 wouldn't you say.

I'd hate to be in the Mod's shoes sometimes.

Peace - Love and Joy to all the Mod's - Staff - Founders

Where would we be without you !

It's ok :wub:

Yeah I agree, or the system can automatically increase your account's abilities based on your reputation so the more you prove you're trustworthy the more you can do with your account :)

1 hour ago, saeed_dc said:

It's ok :wub:

Yeah I agree, or the system can automatically increase your account's abilities based on your reputation so the more you prove you're trustworthy the more you can do with your account :)

I guess the following of the Community Guidelines is an important step in this proving you're trustworthy.

Lead by examples as in posting by the Community Guidelines, being positive, polite and constructive wins

new friends of members and barring yourself from doing any flaming, baiting, spam, profanities and

illegal / obscene material makes your part of the nsane forum world more perfect to everyone involved.

IPS Community Suite 4.1.7 - Released 01/12/2016
This is a security release and we recommend all clients upgrade as soon as possible.
Key Changes

• This is a maintenance release to fix reported issues.
  • Please note that in this release we have updated the copyright data in many source files. This means that if you are upgrading through the Admin CP the update will take slightly longer to download and extract than normal.

Additional Information
In addition to general bug fixes and performance improvements:

• E_STRICT errors are now ignored.
  • Improvements to Easy Mode theme editing allowing navigation colours to be adjusted.
  • Added a setting to control if users creating an account as part of Commerce checkout should validate.
  • Minor UI improvements to AdminCP support request view in Commerce.
  • Updated the copyright data in source file headers.

A cross-site-scripting (XSS) issue was discovered related to image notes in Gallery and was patched in this release. 

Source: https://community.invisionpower.com/release-notes/417-r35/

• Lite locked this topic

Archived