"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

there are some other minor issues as well - but i think they are because of nightly ( but i like it very much :D )

whenever i use other builds, i get pissed off easily and get straight back to nightly :P

would love to a team viewer session one day to discuss further issues or maybe you could modify/strengthen my own mozilla profile but that's a long shot seeing how busy you are.

but i do take some very positive points from your configuration, some of which haven't been even mentioned here, maybe taken for granted. :D

would be great if one day, you could do a detail topic explaining the settings for the community. let alone the addons, the settings of the inbuilt firefox options are noteworthy.

i feel they are worth a mention but it is you only who must share it.

thanx agin man for your time and resources. :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would be great if one day, you could do a detail topic explaining the settings for the community. let alone the addons, the settings of the inbuilt firefox options are noteworthy.

i feel they are worth a mention but it is you only who must share it.

Had initiated this, at the RSU and was met with a rather poor response.

@dcs18, do something about the Ccleaner's title bar. Damn, I hate it. Fcuk you piriform for that.

UqlFChv.png

How?

ok thats sad to learn of.

as of this moment, i am trying to make a futile attempt at trying to copy your configuration to a new nightly profile :(

and i don't know where to start :sadwalk:

whenever you try nightly again just PM me your profile. that will be something. :guns:

@dcs18, do something about the Ccleaner's title bar. Damn, I hate it. Fcuk you piriform for that.

UqlFChv.png

How?

. . . . . . . . . . . with pleasure. :tooth:

Downloaded FF stable 33 version to accomodate the profile.

Noticed that nightly was the reason for most of the problems as lot of addons were not(made) nightly compatible.

However, faced a peculiar problem in the stable version, while i am trying to hide elements using the element hiding helper, though rules are being added but it's effect is nowhere to be seen.

The category Element Hiding Rules is not working, however, The category Adblocking Rules is working correctly.

Tried a reinstall of addon as well but no effect.

what maybe causing this ? :think:

the youtube addon is officially supported only till ver 29, have they stopped developing it?

thanks

:guns:

However, faced a peculiar problem in the stable version, while i am trying to hide elements using the element hiding helper, though rules are being added but it's effect is nowhere to be seen.

The category Element Hiding Rules is not working, however, The category Adblocking Rules is working correctly.

Tried a reinstall of addon as well but no effect.

what maybe causing this ? :think:

Ensure that you have only one of the 2 browsers open at any given time - Nightly or the regular one.

You can always backup your current profile and retry with the one I uploaded for you guys.

the youtube addon is officially supported only till ver 29, have they stopped developing it?

thanks

:guns:

It is working fine on the V34 Beta 11, for me - do check whether you are running the latest Flash Player and Shockwave Player.

- yes i am doing exactly as you said i used only one profile only at a time,also i don't have installations of firefox variants at a point of time.

- ok will check and tell you, maybe screenshot will help you.

i will be adding your profile to clean 33 version install and return back.

your profile should work flawlessly on the stable version right ?

Yep, you may continue to use the Nightly for your usual browsing - however, having a non-Nightly around helps to determine the root-cause of browser-related issues.

ok sir, now this is from a absolutely clean install.

first a background, menu bar sometime shows, other times doesnot

W4m2y0N.png

0EZrx3N.png

1DkhBn2.png

now some problem issues

- ads on new tab page

uNi1rYY.png

- display is not fitting the screen resolution, options are going out of screen (top right)

3iE6p3C.png

- youtube logo is showing IN but alert is showing worldwide,why so ?

PfGEBlL.png

- the distorted page i talked about is back

S5mwIlq.jpg

i am using your profile as it was given.

ok sir, now this is from a absolutely clean install.

first a background, menu bar sometime shows, other times doesnot

W4m2y0N.png

Menu Bar should not be displaying - it trespasses on vertical real-estate:--

Right-click the narrow strip under the Awesome Bar >> un-check (disable) Menu Bar.

now some problem issues

- ads on new tab page

uNi1rYY.png

Un-check (disable) Enhanced on the preference wheel cog.

- display is not fitting the screen resolution, options are going out of screen (top right)

3iE6p3C.png

Grab and hold any of the corners of that over-sized Windows to resize as per your preference.

- youtube logo is showing IN but alert is showing worldwide,why so ?

PfGEBlL.png

That is by design - you can change it in the preference of Magic Actions for YouTube, if you wish to.

- the distorted page i talked about is back

S5mwIlq.jpg

i am using your profile as it was given.

Unable to make out which distortion you are referring to - a link might help.

edit: what about the other guy, he seemed to have no problem with your profile :o

If you mean kantry123 - let us wait for his feedback.

- how to open a new tab when at the following stage ?

image.png

Would also suggest showing at least one tab at the Tab Bar - right-click the OTL (Opened Tab List) icon >> Hide the tab bar >> Never.

in the stable build realised the power of cookie safe, in nightly its not usable no menus :(

Can you try the following one with your Nightly:--

http://www.mediafire.com/download/osu8675vtxdfbg6/cookiesafe_cookies_verwalten-3.1-fx_sm_tb.rar

no sir, it's not working.

although it install successfully but when it comes to functioning it ain't working.

tried with both e10s enabled as well as disabled.

like said before gives no menus, which make it a useful addon in the stable releases.

thank you.

For Firefox Enthusiasts, the latest CTR V1.2.7 Beta 4 contains some good enhancements. ^_^

Sorry for the noob question

Whats CTR?

Regards

For Firefox Enthusiasts, the latest CTR V1.2.7 Beta 4 contains some good enhancements. ^_^

Sorry for the noob question

Whats CTR?

Regards

CTR = Classic Theme Restorer (add-on.) ;)

Notice For Users Of the Latest TeamViewer V10

Please note, those who have been using my firewall rules will need to make a change in the path of the executable to be audited. 8)

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived