"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Windows Firewall Control Bug:--

The Secure Boot feature locks the profile on High Filtering, after startup - when WFC is password-protected.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think, this is more secure feature rather than calling it a bug. This implements that even WFC itself can't switch the profiles when it's password protected.

What is secure about it - your internet access is completely blocked at High Filtering.

The Secure Boot is supposed to lock your profile at High Filtering during a boot and then (after startup) restore the profile to your preferred setting (Medium Filtering or Low Filtering.)

ATM, if password-protected - the Secure Boot feature is unable to restore the profile to the preferred setting (this is an undeniable bug.)

The latest IDM CC 7.3.89 add-on made compatible for Users of Mozilla Firefox Nightly V36 :–

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ozfp8bp6uz3vu10 F3h9xqz.gif

I have switched to developer edition and that's awesome :D
What's the difference in Normal & developer version ?

The latest IDM CC 7.3.89 add-on made compatible for Users of Mozilla Firefox Nightly V36 :–

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ozfp8bp6uz3vu10 F3h9xqz.gif

I have switched to developer edition and that's awesome :D
What's the difference in Normal & developer version ?

Normal is normal - everything is normal about it, not much not less. The dev version is a place where latest experiments are happening after the nightly. Nightly is the best but addon compatibility is very limited. Dev version has moderate addon compatibility and the best thing for me that it uses very little CPU - avg. of 2%, where with firefox stable (normal) I faced a whopping avg. of 10% CPU uses even when the browser is idle.

dcs18

IDM 6.14 build15 and ur IP method is still working

Its the best so far no cracks ,no patch just genuine .. :rofl:

Regards

Windows Firewall Control Bug:--

The Secure Boot feature locks the profile on High Filtering, after startup - when WFC is password-protected.

The Developer has taken cognizance of my bug-report - he has made an appeal to everyone to to keep their Secure Boot on hold until he releases a new version.

I guess, the ultimate solution for DO 11 would come out from this nsane forum.

No other one could do it, I think.

http://katproxy.com/directory-opus-pro-11-7-build-5372-final-t9703444.html

From http://katproxy.com/directory-opus-pro-11-7-build-5372-final-t9703444.html

install note:

If you have configured Internet / Updates no jackdaws, the certificate will not fly down 100%

Disable Internet necessarily

Do not attempt to remove the tick test updates are not installing the certificate!

Help> License Manager> Install Certificate> Download and select it.

Settings> Internet> Update> remove all checkmarks.

Get out of the Opus (close the tray). Be sure to go to the Task Manager and stop all processes associated with it.

Opus run and make sure that there are no ticks.

Be sure to leave again (to close the tray) and go to check whether there are ticks.

You can now include the Internet.

I don't think that instructions above can block DO 11.

No Firewall settings? No hosts settings? No Acrylic DNS proxy?

Just unticking some checkboxes?

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess, the ultimate solution for DO 11 would come out from this nsane forum.

No other one could do it, I think.

http://katproxy.com/directory-opus-pro-11-7-build-5372-final-t9703444.html

From http://katproxy.com/directory-opus-pro-11-7-build-5372-final-t9703444.html

install note:

If you have configured Internet / Updates no jackdaws, the certificate will not fly down 100%

Disable Internet necessarily

Do not attempt to remove the tick test updates are not installing the certificate!

Help> License Manager> Install Certificate> Download and select it.

Settings> Internet> Update> remove all checkmarks.

Get out of the Opus (close the tray). Be sure to go to the Task Manager and stop all processes associated with it.

Opus run and make sure that there are no ticks.

Be sure to leave again (to close the tray) and go to check whether there are ticks.

You can now include the Internet.

I don't think that instructions above can block DO 11.

No Firewall settings? No hosts settings? No Acrylic DNS proxy?

Just unticking some checkboxes?

Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry but I don't use this program.

Thought the link might be helpful for you.

How to block IP on Windows 8 Firewall Control ?

Instructions

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

----------------------------------------

image.png

image.png

-------------------------

Working 100% :)

ESET NOD32 error in installing definitions

I've encountered this issue from yesterday. ESET is downloading definition updates quite nicely but at the last stage of installing those updates, it shows the following error:

screenshot_1415762462.png

I tried the following:

• Activated with new username and password.
  • Restarted and tried again.
  • Deleted my firewall "block" rule for erkn.exe.

None of these are helping. Can you tell me what's going on?

It worked :thumbsup:

@ rudrax

I thought you were running the V8 - not the V7. yXZVmpE.gif

I was expecting to use v7 till it gives me any problem. It's not that kind of big problem though. It's just the cache. I will download v8 when I get some spare data.

For some reasons, I'm getting pop up message saying that I've registered using fake serial. IDM is still registered and premium features work fine, just the annoying popup message. I've blocked all the IPs using my firewall.

For some reasons, I'm getting pop up message saying that I've registered using fake serial. IDM is still registered and premium features work fine, just the annoying popup message. I've blocked all the IPs using my firewall.

what firewall ?

how many IP's ?

what firewall ?

how many IP's ?

Symantec Endpoint Protection. I've blocked all the IPs listed by the OP in the first post.

In this situation, only 2 things can happen:

• Your firewall is leaking the IPs
  • The whole process is configured incorrectly.

So, you would like tell us the firewall you use and the IPs you added to it with a screenshot of those IPs residing in your firewall.

what firewall ?

how many IP's ?

Symantec Endpoint Protection. I've blocked all the IPs listed by the OP in the first post.

Try to do a "check for updates"

If it's able to retrieve frm server that means buddy ur ips r getting leaked or maybe ur config is wrong

B/w try to register it with a new key and do post the results

Regards

Oh, I thought that SEP was a pure AntiVirus solution (for Enterprise) - would like to take a look at the screenshots of the IPs, too. yXZVmpE.gif

Oh, I thought that SEP was a pure AntiVirus solution (for Enterprise) - would like to take a look at the screenshots of the IPs, too. yXZVmpE.gif

SEP does feature a firewall.

E2blLsk.png

More screenshots

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived