"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

@dcs18 i was thinking like this ... if i disable the service its re-enabled later, so without disabling the service just disable the trigger so it might not run again ............

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of a similar issue that another member had reported about his Background Intelligent Transfer Service getting reset to Automatic, after each reboot - such a behavior is symptomatic of a deeper misconfiguration, in some other area/s. h4CvlGL.gif

Unfortunately enough, many other members conceded that they were seeing the very same issue on their own systems (nevertheless - hope you adopt the the more refined surgical approach.) :tehe:

@dcs18 i belive the culprit is maintenace configurator service ..... its by design of microsoft that these services are re enabled.... i believe....maintenace configurator service cannot be disabled...... As for my configuration there is no chance of misconfiguration as i always keep clean images... when a new windows update comes i will restore this image then update and make a new image then install my apps.......

@Reyes, did you try deleting the task from windows default Task Scheduler?

I don't know........ if we delete the service it might have any ill effect.... as of now i have disabled the trigger let's see how this goes

I have done this and I'm in peace now. I'm not talking about the services here. Disabling the service will disable Automatic maintenance for the session. After you restart, as required time, it will be triggered again. So, do the following (this is what I did):

screenshot_1414326944.png

screenshot_1414327402.png

winsat means Windows System Assessment Tool??

Whatever that is, let it be there as it's not the problem. Delete others in the list.

ok exported and deleted the tasks ..... lets see how it goes :) thanks rudrax

You are :welcome:

-off topic-

What about Cortana and "her" Kaspersky tutorial ? why has " she " been banned ? It doesn't sound reassuring in any case since she was also granted access to my pc throught teamviewer for a "session".

Please forgive my -off topic- concern but since i follow this thread and "Her" tutorial, i thought i'd ask.

Have a nice day

It doesn't sound reassuring in any case since she was also granted access to my pc throught teamviewer for a "session".

Be rest assured - your system was in good hands, during that TeamViewer session. :yes:

Hopefully, some other Kaspersky User/s might want to assist you.

-Please forgive my -off topic- concern but since i follow this thread and "Her" tutorial, i thought i'd ask.

Have a nice day

On my topics, everybody is free to drift off-topic - as long as we are discussing something (anything) technical.

Have a rocking day, ahead. 6HUIPBa.gif

-off topic-

What about Cortana and "her" Kaspersky tutorial ? why has " she " been banned ? It doesn't sound reassuring in any case since she was also granted access to my pc throught teamviewer for a "session".

Please forgive my -off topic- concern but since i follow this thread and "Her" tutorial, i thought i'd ask.

Have a nice day

Hello wesh what do u wanna know from kaspersky tut..?

he's a friend and can be contacted easily

she and me are testing some kaspersky dialing home

if u have any issues we can have a session

Regards

-off topic-

Have a nice day

Hello wesh what do u wanna know from kaspersky tut..?

he's a friend and can be contacted easily

she and me are testing some kaspersky dialing home

if u have any issues we can have a session

Regards

Thanks a lot my friend for your offer. I was actually hoping to see other's people tests as far as kaspersky dialing home rule is concerned. Last tests i did (after Cortana's advices ) led me nowhere. And there is nothing more to be tested at this point, so no need for any help :)

Thanks again, i really appreciate it

dcs Torres wanna say that

THese r his exact words

"also inform dcs18 that FB IPs he mentioned are particular and not for general use barring the first and last one and even those didn't blocked FB on my pc.

specially the fourth IP is local."

That is strange, not entirely sure about the meaning of his words - but, those 4 IPs are working perfectly, here. lEMe01Z.gif

That is strange, not entirely sure about the meaning of his words - but, those 4 IPs are working perfectly, here. lEMe01Z.gif

May i Know these IP's?

Today ESET started nagging me for Username & Password - even though my copy continues to show activated.

There is no IP leak, whatsoever - sorry about the bad news, guys. h4CvlGL.gif

This is what I was talking about, but you were to stubborn and didn't want to listen. This just proves that I was right all the time.

Cheers ;)

You were wrong most of the time - this is the first time you are right, congratulations - seriously!!! The only 3 folks who were genuinely interested were skunk1966, idmresettrial and HNB.

While the activation lasted, you could have have harvested the whole situation for your own fix - if you were not so determined to disprove the firewall method (upon which you base your new fix.)

ps:--

My observation is that ESET activates the copy online but stores the activation, on the Users' HDD - you may choose to believe or disbelieve me.

BTW, about the IP that you were so desperately wanting to find out the method I used - all my IP are published using only industry-grade professional network sniffers based on the Surgeon's approach (not the Butcher method that some employ.) I do allow or block my IPs based on mere suspicion.

Today ESET started nagging me for Username & Password - even though my copy continues to show activated.

So my implementation wasn't wrong either. If WFC didn't leaked, I'm afraid, I've to say, "mara- is right". ESET checks activation on update server itself. mara- is a great coder. He knew it and so tried to make us understand his thing. May be his words weren't enough but now the result is in the front.

So my implementation wasn't wrong either.

Your implementation is gonna be brought to the test - your time has not yet come.

So my implementation wasn't wrong either.
Your implementation is gonna be brought to the test - your time has not yet come.
With my implementation, no username and password error by far. Had one few days back when I checked the secure boot option in WFC. If checking sercure boot wasn't the culprit then my implementation will also fail.

What I think you should do is, look into those allowed 12 IPs. ESET may shift their activation mechanism from one server to another among those 12 allowed IPs. See if deducting one IP from the list still be able to receive updates. You have to check 12 times to deduct 1 IP if first 11 attemtps lead failure in receiving updates. Don't just stay calm removing 1 IP (if found any), play another round and see if you can reduce the allowed IPs to 10. Repeat the game until when all attempted IP removal returns failure.

After that go to the block IPs area and see if ESET has any more IPs roaming free out of my blocked rage. If got one, catch it n trap it.

I know, you know what you need to do. I'm not teaching (not even in dream) or directing (may be in dream) you anything. I'm just hogging my frustration. :lol:

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived