"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

For some reasons, I'm getting pop up message saying that I've registered using fake serial. IDM is still registered and premium features work fine, just the annoying popup message. I've blocked all the IPs using my firewall.

what firewall ?

how many IP's ?

Symantec Endpoint Protection. I've blocked all the IPs listed by the OP in the first post.

Try to do a "check for updates"

If it's able to retrieve frm server that means buddy ur ips r getting leaked or maybe ur config is wrong

B/w try to register it with a new key and do post the results

Regards

It says I'm running the latest version.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reasons, I'm getting pop up message saying that I've registered using fake serial. IDM is still registered and premium features work fine, just the annoying popup message. I've blocked all the IPs using my firewall.

what firewall ?

how many IP's ?

Symantec Endpoint Protection. I've blocked all the IPs listed by the OP in the first post.

Try to do a "check for updates"

If it's able to retrieve frm server that means buddy ur ips r getting leaked or maybe ur config is wrong

B/w try to register it with a new key and do post the results

Regards

yes that means u have not configured ur firewall correctly

does ur symantec endpoint have an inbuilt firewall??

have seen ur screenshot u have configured for HOSTS not firewall

Regards

Is it unmanaged client??

Yes

Do you run with the default policies??

All settings are at their default values.

Is it unmanaged client??

Yes

Do you run with the default policies??

All settings are at their default values.
What firewall r u using?

@ Tweety.Abd

Thanks for the detailed screenshots - brings us an in-depth insight into Symantec Endpoint Protection. F3h9xqz.gif

Are you using any sort of VPN, or even proxy - globally . . . . . . . or, even at IDM level?

@ Tweety.Abd

Thanks for the detailed screenshots - brings us an in-depth insight into Symantec Endpoint Protection. F3h9xqz.gif

Are you using any sort of VPN, or even proxy - globally . . . . . . . or, even at IDM level?

The problem was with Norton Family installed. Once I disabled it, the firewall rules were enforced, but when enabled the rules are somehow bypassed or overruled. Is there any way the rules work without having to disable the parental control?

Why not use the REIS patch, it doesn't matter what firewall you use...Its a all round working solution...We've found its a reliable solution.

The problem was with Norton Family installed. Once I disabled it, the firewall rules were enforced, but when enabled the rules are somehow bypassed or overruled. Is there any way the rules work without having to disable the parental control?

You might consider disabling the SEP's inbuilt firewall (if possible) and give WFC (just around 400 KB) a go. This works great with Windows' inbuilt firewall. I has a feature to delete rules by other apps other than through WFC.

@ Tweety.Abd

The Norton Family seems to possess proxy capabilities - just like the Protocol Filtering on NOD32 (at post # 641.) :yes:

Windows Firewall Control Bug:--

The Secure Boot feature locks the profile on High Filtering, after startup - when WFC is password-protected.

The Developer has taken cognizance of my bug-report - he has made an appeal to everyone to to keep their Secure Boot on hold until he releases a new version.

Alex has released a new version 4.2.0.0 to mitigate this bug - unfortunately ATM, he has implemented a workaround which is limited to just maintaining the firewall rule at High Filtering without the capability of the previous version to switch to Medium Filtering.

Pretty bad news, that - shall try to convince him to restore that useful capability. h4CvlGL.gif

Bad News:--

The Secure Boot, in its present avatar, has been thrashed - understandably so (ATM, it is better to keep it switched off.)

Good News:--

Alex does have plans of resurrecting the Secure Boot in a new avatar.

The latest IDM CC 7.3.90 add-on made compatible for Users of Mozilla Firefox Nightly V36 :–

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ozfp8bp6uz3vu10 F3h9xqz.gif

Can u tell me how to make it compatible i mean any procedure

PS>>only tell this secret if u wanna share otherwise its okay

Regards

what firewall ?

how many IP's ?

can u explain how to block ip with SEP?

The latest IDM CC 7.3.90 add-on made compatible for Users of Mozilla Firefox Nightly V36 :–

Regards

Hey kantry123, no secrets (at least as far as I am concerned.) :D

Shall be back after a while to publish the illustration, since I am held-up with something else, ATM.

Regards

Let's create a compatibility for the latest nightly which is at V36 - this is how I do it:--

01.) Right-click idmmzcc.xpi (C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\idmmzcc.xpi)

02.) Use the Open with on your context menu to choose your preferred archiver (WinRAR, WinZip, 7z, etc., etc.)

03.) From within the archive, delete the META-inf folder (and its contents.)

04.) Open the file install.rdf with Notepad or your preferred Notepad alternative.

05.) Change the 21st line from <em:maxVersion>35.*</em:maxVersion> to <em:maxVersion>36.*</em:maxVersion>

06.) Close the install.rdf and then your archiver allowing all edits to be saved and compiled.

@

dcs18

Bro pls whenever u r free can u send me a PM of ur Mozilla Nightly profiles in App Data folder? Also ur ABP ini config too

Bcoz I like the configs u do in ur system

can u share ?

Regards

Me too, if possible.

would like to have the mozilla profile :rolleyes:

He's a busy guy!!

I'm sure when he sees this message,he will reply

Regards

Searched several other pages unsuccessfully. Sorry if this is a repeat,

I have ESET ESS, and use it to block other apps from calling home.

I also have IDM, which gives a popup saying the app is cracked when I start the computer.

I tried editing the hosts file to include:

127.0.0.1 tonec.com
127.0.0.1 www.tonec.com
127.0.0.1 registeridm.com
127.0.0.1 www.registeridm.com
127.0.0.1 secure.registeridm.com
127.0.0.1 internetdownloadmanager.com
127.0.0.1 www.internetdownloadmanager.com
127.0.0.1 secure.internetdownloadmanager.com
127.0.0.1 mirror.internetdownloadmanager.com
127.0.0.1 mirror2.internetdownloadmanager.com
127.0.0.1 mirror3.internetdownloadmanager.com

However, I think ESS is trying to protect the hosts file, even when I disable protection.

Any ideas?

Searched several other pages unsuccessfully. Sorry if this is a repeat,

I have ESET ESS, and use it to block other apps from calling home.

I also have IDM, which gives a popup saying the app is cracked when I start the computer.

I tried editing the hosts file to include:

127.0.0.1 tonec.com

127.0.0.1 www.tonec.com

127.0.0.1 registeridm.com

127.0.0.1 www.registeridm.com

127.0.0.1 secure.registeridm.com

127.0.0.1 internetdownloadmanager.com

127.0.0.1 www.internetdownloadmanager.com

127.0.0.1 secure.internetdownloadmanager.com

127.0.0.1 mirror.internetdownloadmanager.com

127.0.0.1 mirror2.internetdownloadmanager.com

127.0.0.1 mirror3.internetdownloadmanager.com

However, I think ESS is trying to protect the hosts file, even when I disable protection.

Any ideas?

Its Not ESS thats causing prob its IDM that they patched recent versions

Now the hosts block method will not work neither in the future..!

U can block those IP's mentioned in the OP to sustain activation

or use a trial reset(if u want ust ping me )

or

use patches

Regards

kantry123

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived