"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

@dcs18 i have some questions about Windows 8 manager....

1)will it completly disable windows automatic maintenance(including idle maintenance)??

if not is there any otherway around??? only way as of now is using process lasso and keep pc awake

The Process Lasso Pro feature mentioned is different - hence, being struck out of the quote.

It is possible to disable Windows Automatic Maintenance, completely (including - Idle Maintenance.) However, Idle Maintenance should be left alone.

What you seek can be accomplished through other ways means, too - however, speaking of Windows 8 Manager:--

Method 1 (this is a more granular method):

Optimizer >> Task Scheduler >> (you may want to use discretion on what you choose to disable at this open Window.)

Method 2 (this is a limited-option method):

Optimizer >> Task Scheduler >> Optimize Task

I tried it earlier but the maintenance was reenabled after some time......... :(

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@dcs18 i have some questions about Windows 8 manager....

1)will it completly disable windows automatic maintenance(including idle maintenance)??

if not is there any otherway around??? only way as of now is using process lasso and keep pc awake

The Process Lasso Pro feature mentioned is different - hence, being struck out of the quote.

It is possible to disable Windows Automatic Maintenance, completely (including - Idle Maintenance.) However, Idle Maintenance should be left alone.

What you seek can be accomplished through other ways means, too - however, speaking of Windows 8 Manager:--

Method 1 (this is a more granular method):

Optimizer >> Task Scheduler >> (you may want to use discretion on what you choose to disable at this open Window.)

Method 2 (this is a limited-option method):

Optimizer >> Task Scheduler >> Optimize Task

I tried it earlier but the maintenance was reenabled after some time......... :(

That is really strange - on both my systems, the schedules remain disabled (would strongly suggest - employing The Black Viper services configuration, judiciously):--

dcs18,

I've got a problem with my IDM lately . Not a registration/firewall problem though, so wouldn't like to present it here as being off topic anyway.

I've been on TV with Torres just now and as we weren't able to solve it - he advised me to contact you and ask for PM / TV session.

Would you mind helping me ?

If so - I would like to send you (via PM) a written description of my problem first.

BTW

Torres asked me - so I quoted his words here for more precision :

"just tell dcs18 to copy the eset guide as i will not be able to edit it and that i m sorry for the trouble.
i will appreciate it."

dcs18,

I've got a problem with my IDM lately . Not a registration/firewall problem though, so wouldn't like to present it here as being off topic anyway.

I've been on TV with Torres just now and as we weren't able to solve it - he advised me to contact you and ask for PM / TV session.

If so - I would like to send you (via PM) a written description of my problem first.

BTW

"just tell dcs18 to copy the eset guide as i will not be able to edit it and that i m sorry for the trouble.

i will appreciate it."

Hie i need to Talk to ToRREs for TV session can anyone PM me his ID and pass of TEAMVIEWER

pls.SEND me PM

dcs18,

BTW

i will appreciate it."

Hie i need to Talk to ToRREs for TV session can anyone PM me his ID and pass of TEAMVIEWER

pls.SEND me PM

We just finished TV session cause he was going be busy now.

So NOT NOW, kantry123.

dcs18,

BTW

i will appreciate it."

pls.SEND me PM

We just finished TV session cause he was going be busy now.

So NOT NOW, kantry123.

I know he's busy

BUT its regarding kaspersky that he was testing on my PC

i'll contact him later..BUT pls send me PM The details ASAP

regards

Guyz Just Posting results that we have suceeded in preventing Kaspersky from dialing home

this is just an update and will keep you posted

We have to do a Final Testing to check whether Further Leaking & interfering it, so we will test this for 1 week

This is posted on behalf of my friend(you know who)

Here are some screenshots of the license used and method working

Capture.png
Capture2.png
Capture3.png

This is testing of SAME license by changing date and doing updates and also preventing it from dialing home
refer the screenshots that my date is changed to 2 months from now

Capture4.png
Capture5.png

Regards
ALL CREDITS TO MY FRIEND

Great news, that - not surprising, though. ^_^

What's that ?

I checked the "Secure boot" option on the WFC and ESET called out.

I checked the "Secure boot" option on the WFC and ESET called out.

The cause for ESET to call home would not be the Secure Boot feature, but - this inappropriate implementation (post # 1622.)

FWIW, I am using the Secure Boot option, myself (post # 1594) - without having faced the issue you mentioned.

I don't know how can you call that an inappropriate implementation! That appropriate if you believe on what a firewall does. It's other thing that WFC is leaking for not being able to manage the vast range of IPs. If WFC is leaking things, then we have to find something else that won't leak (do some inspection in this regard). Don't forget that WFC just extends the functionality of Windows' built-in firewall engine. And you know well, how M$ sucks g@y d!ck when it comes to security products. May be WFC has nothing to do with it for the IP leakage. It may be just the engine (WF) who is leaking, not rider (WFC).

With your implementation, it's easy for ESET to fight back. They will just need to assign a new activation server from their 256 already known IPs. What I did is - I've blocked all of them except those 12 update IPs stated by you. So, if firewall works properly, ESET have to create a new activation server out of the 256 which they already have. And, that's not easy to create one after another new servers.

Now, don't negate you age to be a child to think that I'm arguing with you. I'm just putting my view forward and want your response on that - a fair on-topic one.

On my system everything works like a dream - however, point to be noted is that UAC has always been left disabled on my system (I have a better alternative for UAC - ask kantry123.) :secret:

and on mine it works, even with UAC left to default settings.

So i guess, maybe a problem on W7 systems :dunno:

After a protracted run, have found that the Secure Boot option of WFC is now working fine without conflicts with other programs - they seem to have fixed it with their latest 4.1.6.0 F3h9xqz.gif

Tested with UAC disabled and enabled, as well (on both my OS) - gonna deploy it over, to all my Customers.

There were a couple of occasions though, when the profile lingered on High Filtering (despite the system having completed its boot to Desktop - however, never had to change the profile back,manually.)

@Reyes, did you try deleting the task from windows default Task Scheduler?

@Reyes, did you try deleting the task from windows default Task Scheduler?

I don't know........ if we delete the service it might have any ill effect.... as of now i have disabled the trigger let's see how this goes

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived