"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

DNSCrypt has been uninstalled only on beta-testers' systems — not from other client machines.

When you say DNScrypt, you mean the command gui line one ? How do you block in that?

Just now, dcs18 said:

Nope, they're on the edition with the GUI — Simple DNScrypt.

Ok, when I was figuring out the combo of DNScrypt and Acrylic, SimpleDNSCrypt was my first choice but I soon found out that it didn't allow for change of local address(maybe another bug like the IP blocking thingy). It just doesn't save that setting. Plus it wasn't able to go below the 53 port.

In my case, just waiting to roll-out Adguard on all client machines — would be soon time to say good-bye to DNScrypt (and uBlock + uMatrix.)

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

In my case, just waiting to roll-out Adguard on all client machines — would be soon time to say good-bye to DNScrypt (and uBlock + uMatrix.)

You played with other settings?

Stealth, Parental Control, Extensions, Browsing security?

Oh yes, have tried all the Adguard settings, by now — Extensions menu has been completely disabled (others partially so.)

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Oh yes, have tried all the Adguard settings, by now — Extensions menu has been completely disabled (others partially so.)

Don't forget to provide exceptions for bank sites, otherwise it may trouble the customers, not only the filtering aspect but also the stealth mode aspect.

These discussions never go unfruitful, just now it got me thinking, actually I may still be block IDM even with the command line DNScrypt, I just have to test it now.

Another idea I just got, was how I can use Acrylic to do so and still use IDM to download the update from within the updater. Again this is to be tried out.

Probably later today.

Banking sites provided by testers so far, have been fully provided for and seem to be working fine even with Stealth Mode enabled. yXZVmpE.gif

Just now, dcs18 said:

Banking sites provided by testers so far, have been fully provided for and seem to be working fine even with Stealth Mode enabled. yXZVmpE.gif

What are the stealth mode options available in your build and which ones of them are enabled? Screenie?

8 minutes ago, 0bin said:

uMatrix layout broken on Firefox v56,

When I was on Nightly v57, it worked great so v56 should not be a problem.

What uMatrix version are you using?

Can you show a screenshot of broken layout?

42 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Stable Firefox v56 uMatrix AddOn 1.0.0,

You can use the beta version available @ AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/umatrix/versions/beta

44 minutes ago, 0bin said:

On stable I cannot use github release, so I should switch to beta or alpha in order to don't have that limitation or d0 something else?

Not necessarily.

14 hours ago, 0bin said:

Thanks Undertaker, I found a way to keep esr and nightly to test and mantain new features. I will do that way.

From what I remember you use too many adblockers right? pi-hole, uBo, uMatrix, adguard and maybe some more, why the need of all this?

And it should have worked just fine in v56 stable.

How could you even use ESR when you have the mighty Nightly with you is beyond me.

Something's wrong at IDM's end.

The last release doesn't officially support the current FF Beta and it's been out for a week now.

Is this the silence before the storm? :sneaky:

5 hours ago, 0bin said:

uBlock Origin 1.14.11rc8 don't keep settings inside Sandboxie,

I noted because my beacon rules for the Nsanforums weren't there,

||www.nsaneforums.com/uploads/monthly_*_*/*.thumb.*.*.*$image

||www.nsaneforums.com/uploads/monthly_*_*/*.*.*.*$image

||www.nsaneforums.com/uploads/*/*.*$image

||www.nsaneforums.com/uploads/*/*.*$image

reverted to rc7 work fine

I can't comment on whether uBo is saving rules or not because it's been a really long time since I last used SBIE.

But what I can comment on is that within these 4 filter rules that you have posted, there are redundant rules and these can be reduced to a mere single filter rule.

25 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Anybody have a link to the changelog for Adguard 2.6.419 Beta? ^_^

No official changelog and I doubt if there will be one.

Install it and see it for yourself.

BTW, it's 6.2 :P

Version history for AGW only: https://adguard.com/en/adguard-windows/overview.html#release

25 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Edit (for Android):—

https://adguard.com/en/versions.html

Actually that's changelog page for every adguard product, windows, android, mac etc.

1 minute ago, 0bin said:

I read:

Wait @dcs18 you currently never installed VodooShield on you system?

I'm looking toward part2 review, for that I asked the fix.

4.0.5 beta currently seems on the same path was the one at that time...

If only the dev come back here, I really want read that updated on that version.

After being put-off by the rhetoric from the Developer of VodooShield, most of us decided to boycott it — anyways, at that point in time, it was possible to terminate VodooShield using the Task Manager (a vulnerability which literally sealed the fate of this wannabe security program.)

Moreover, it was a buggy piece of miscarriage. However, even then — a couple of amateurs persisted in using VodooShield. :dunno:

Just now, 0bin said:

You may want review a program called Hacker Deterrent Pro :P

The developer of that is funny...

Do you have a link?

Interesting — a Developer whose thoughts reflect mine:—

Industry leaders anticipated that effective protection against hackers could only be found in a security approach known as whitelisting. Traditional whitelisting effectively stopped hackers by restricting traffic to a predetermined list of sites. Unfortunately, traditional whitelisting was too cumbersome to administer and too restrictive on users — forcing the industry to implement the opposite approach (blacklisting) in antivirus.

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived