"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Exactly . . . . . . . when I started using Adguard the very first thing that struck me was that Adguard was stretching the ping times — that's understandable though, since it's injecting its own local JavaScript in order to audit the element blocks right at initiation.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dcs18 said:

Exactly . . . . . . . when I started using Adguard the very first thing that struck me was that Adguard was stretching the ping times — that's understandable though, since it's injecting its own local JavaScript in order to audit the element blocks right at initiation.

So you recommend I stop using it?

Nah, not at all — my own ping times are already pretty good (yet . . . . . I'm always looking at ways to improving ping times and practically everything else that can be improved.)

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

Nah, not at all — my own ping times are already pretty good (yet . . . . . I'm always looking at ways to improving ping times and practically everything else that can be improved.)

I was asking about myself :D

Even though Adguard stretches the ping times, at the beginning of page loading — (in the end,) it more than makes-up on the loading time due to the most effective blocking.

Even though Adguard stretches the ping times, at the beginning of page loading — (in the end,) it more than makes-up on the loading time due to the most effective blocking.

So, I'm at my best already?

Default MTNL DNS = 11-12 ms ping

Singapore DNcrypt with Acrylic DNS = 14ms

And then it's just Adguard.

Yes that's why I paired it up with Acrylic, earlier when I was using DNScrypt alone, it was a problem(which was the major reason for me not adopting SimpleDNScrypt for IDM purposes) but not any more.

Uninstalled it as I felt Adguard makes DNSCrypt redundant.

Since, I have limited my Adguard to filtering just the browser and an app, I felt the need for DNSSec for the system as a whole, that's all.

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

So then, IDM is left filtered by DNSCrypt now or Adguard?

I mentioned 'an app' above, that was me referring to IDM only.

Just now, dcs18 said:

So, what do you use DNSCrypt for — in case, not for ping times?

For DNSsec, crypting the DNS.

Like I said not all of my traffic is concentrated to just the browser and IDM.

I have net access to other programs as well.Thus providing security to those.

p.s. Logging out,later.

5 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Nope, not at the moment — but, have got quite a few User apps. being filtered.

Do you have some filter list like the basic one - English or only self-created filtered rules?

I asked because I'm interested in knowing the purpose of this user apps filtering - Crypting or something else?

Also for IDM have you created/added an exception rule given in the IDM-Adguard post or no?

3 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

ATM, I'm obliged to use the English Filter until my deployment is 100% completed.

Has none of the filter rule affected the downloading or access to net in those apps?

For e.g. w.r.t. IDM, I know there is a filter in English filter which would block a download from a hosting site in IDM, that's why I had to create a exception. I could have created site specific exception also but when in general employment and use by others, I went for the safety approach. Who knows what more filters block download and in what sense.

Nope, never — on my own personal system, have streamlined most of my rules. This has been possible because my personal practice is to surf only within limited sites (unlike my Customers.)

18 hours ago, 0bin said:
18 hours ago, dcs18 said:

DD-WRT is now 33407 Beta.

I will definitely wait for feedbacks for my model :P

It has been pulled out — fortunately (for me,) it's working fine. Wl2LIwk.gif

1 hour ago, 0bin said:

TP-Link WR841NDv9

1 hour ago, 0bin said:

Someone succesfull updating r33413 on this box?

Yep, no problem on my WR841ND10.

I've got a separate profile for uBlock and uMatrix, specifically for deployment purposes.

What you using for IDM in those setups? Simple DNscrypt or anything else?

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived