"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

I live on the outskirts of the woods. Few years ago, early risers would be treated to sighting of mongooses, snakes, wild fowl, etc., etc. — now, it's only bare asses taking an early morning dump. 5F7Wk2b.gif

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, knowledge said:

y i cant follow u?

what is days won ?

1. Because he disabled this option from his profile.

2. It reflects the members which earned the most reputation points in certain days, months....etc.

1 hour ago, knowledge said:

what is days won ?

1 hour ago, Recruit said:

2. It reflects the members which earned the most reputation points in certain days, months....etc.

uUIWP1u.png

VIKTOR PAVEL

CpWz_032.png

last one is not fit to criteria - shame is he is in this picture with totally different members!!! :D

1 hour ago, 0bin said:

I found my approach that I prefer, for Firefox:

Using the current stable 46 as installed, and keeping the developer edition .paf and the esr .paf on other place

This way I can test as I like :)

Why would you have both noscript and uMatrix running together?

Just now, 0bin said:

To see if I have a bug.

Rather have different profiles for these purposes instead of overlapping your configuration.

4 minutes ago, 0bin said:

Is that I only use everyone of that addon to cover only one particular thing. I know you will say you can do everything with only one.

If you know your way around adblockers, you can easily even substitute your noScript or uMatrix.

Infestation is a very rare occurrence on my watch — in 2017, there were none reported, so far.

In 2015, we had about a dozen, or so — and whenever infection is detected, the system is always reformatted (never sanitized.)

It is now AdGuard 6.2.424.2123 beta

Spoiler

This beta version has a strong emphasis on extensions handling. Besides the re-introduction of AdGuard PopupBlocker userscript (that has been improved a good amount, by the way), we have changed the way we handle external userscripts. AdGuard Assistant and the integration mode of AdGuard Browser extension have been shown some love too.

That’s not the only news, of course. Four new localizations have been added, and then all the usual suspects: bugfixes, compatibility issues, minor UI tweaks.

[Added] AdGuard PopupBlocker extension v2.1 #1883

For quite a while now, AdGuard works as a userscript manager — you can install any script via AdGuard to use it in any browser. PopupBlocker has always been one of the 'native' userscripts that are installed by default, alongside AdGuard Assistant. Its purpose is clear — to block any unwanted pop-ups.

Previous version (v1.0) was functional but very little beyond that. We have completely redesigned the PopupBlocker. It now has advanced pop-up detection, compared to its predecessor and its alternatives, restores the initial click behavior and is invisible to other scripts. All in all, new PopupBlocker is a solid addition to your online protection suite.

By the way, it is available as a standalone script that can be used on its own with any other userscript manager. To find more information about PopupBlocker, visit its GitHub repository.

[Changed] The way AdGuard handles userscripts #1714

A lot of effort has been put into improving (better to say, rethinking) the way AdGuard works with userscripts. This actually has two different aspects:

First, from now on, the communication between AdGuard and Assistant is based on WebSocket, which results in better performance. This is also perfectly applicable to AdGuard Browser extension, when it is working in the integration mode with AdGuard for Windows.

Second, we have taken a whole complex of measures that allow for any external userscripts that you install via AdGuard to show higher speed and execution stability.

Related issues:

[Added] @noframes attribute support #1895
[Fixed] Userscript wrapper breaks window functions #1869
[Fixed] GM_addStyle implementation is not reliable #1759
[Fixed] @grant none is not being applied #1870
[Fixed] Userscript does not run on cross-origin iframes #1892
[Fixed] cloneInto, createObjectIn, exportFunction support #1875
[Fixed] instanceof event does not work as expected #1871
[Fixed] Errors in browser console #1740

[Added] New localizations #1882

Thanks to volunteers who continuosly do an amazing job translating AdGuard into other languages, we were able to add even more localizations, such as:

• Arabic
  • Bulgarian
  • Danish
  • Persian

Other languages localizations have been updated too.

Ad blocking

[Added] "Block third-party authorization header" Stealth Mode option #698
[Added] An option to hide Java and Flash support #1064
[Changed] The $important modifier is now applied to rules created by enabling/disabling filtering via Assistant #1924

Networking

[Fixed] DNS is unreachable when using AdGuard #1918
[Fixed] HTTPS filtering on dropbox.com does not work sometimes #1902
[Fixed] AdGuard breaks local HTTPS connections #1896
[Fixed] Wrong ciphers order #1884
[Fixed] AdGuard 6.2.390 on Windows 10 stops browsing until user kill the process #1901
[Fixed] SHA-1 intermediate issue #1702

UI

[Added] "Storage" and "Reinstall" buttons on “Extensions” screen #1893
[Changed] Interface has been optimized for screen readers #352
[Changed] Update channel is now set to "Beta" if you install or update AdGuard to beta version #196
[Fixed] Filtering log and Filter editor windows have different styles #1920
[Fixed] Cancel button is missing #1899
[Fixed] Cannot close "validation error" dialog when editing a userscript #1894
[Fixed] Log export does not work #1900
[Fixed] A “new line” symbol is added after copying a rule in Filter editor #1878
[Fixed] Changing Advanced settings does not lead to network filtering restart #1800

Other

[Changed] Spotify app has been added to the list of apps filtered by default #1904
[Fixed] "Add application" tool in “Filtered Apps” can't detect installed Viber #1559
[Fixed] Several third-party userscripts compatibility issues

3 hours ago, Undertaker said:

@dcs18 Now that you have the changelog, what do you think? :naughty:

Some of the changes are from the previous beta build. ;)

3 hours ago, Undertaker said:

How's the new integration mode thingy working? :think:

Shall take some use over a longer period to see the difference.

On 6/19/2017 at 11:44 AM, sledge101 said:

10.  Configure IDM block settings by enabling domain block , adding new local domain rule and building the domain blocks once all added

J4q3RhM.png

Hmm any way to bulk add those.. ?

After configuring Simple DNSCrypt, the IPs and Hostnames are saved in the the Program Data directory as text files — one can just edit those files directly to copy bulk entries.

Personally, when I was using Simple DNSCrypt, I'd just replace those text files with a prepped one — ideal for SysAdmins, even via TeamViewer.

I had thought by the time I saw his post, he would have already filled the IPs, even if manually. :P

Has there been a change in UI or something related to UI in Adguard? If yes, screenshot if possible?

@dcs18 Thanx, so no change there I guess.

Any problem w.r.t activation status? I ask because 0bin above said the process has changed.

Sure, there are changes — but, but most of which took place in the last beta build when they failed to provide a changelog.

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Sure, there are changes — but, but most of which took place in the last beta build when they failed to provide a changelog.

Thanx for the info. Actually that last beta was an internal build that's why there was no official changelog.

And I'm assuming there is no problem with regards to activation since you didn't comment about it.

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived