"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

2 hours ago, Undertaker said:

The question is in my earlier laptop, I was using MPC-BE standalone without anything extra because of HW incompetency.

Do you recommend I should now pair it up with LAV filters and madVR?

Yes, of course — anything from Core i3 upwards deserves it.

2 hours ago, Undertaker said:

Can you also tell me what difference I will have in say, quality - CPU - RAM usage etc, with just MPC-BE, and then pair it up with LAV filters and finally have the company of madVR with the two.

madVR is a little monster — it also delivers the biggest bang in terms of quality.

I'd suggest using madVR, first — and then, LAV Filters (after you get the hang of it.)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I'd suggest using madVR, first — and then, LAV Filters (after you get the hang of it.)

Hmmm, I read some articles and post and most of them suggest installing lav filters first. Why is the order important and what is the purpose of each?

I also had ppl suggesting that we should use the x86 version of MPC because it has better compatibility with madVR.

I'll be going by the default settings till I find a simple understanding guide.

Will I have some enhancement in quality even with the default settings?

1 hour ago, Undertaker said:

Hmmm, I read some articles and post and most of them suggest installing lav filters first. Why is the order important and what is the purpose of each?

I don't see the correlation. yXZVmpE.gif

I also had ppl suggesting that we should use the x86 version of MPC because it has better compatibility with madVR.

This one is history — the madVR directory contains both architecture.

I'll be going by the default settings till I find a simple understanding guide.

Will I have some enhancement in quality even with the default settings?

Sure. ;)

52 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I don't see the correlation. yXZVmpE.gif

Nothing I just wanted to know if the order of installation matters?

Bcuz you wanted me to try madVR before LAV and soem guides I found were saying vice-versa.

That's why I asked is order of installation an important thing here?

madVR returns incredibly differing results on different hardware — therefore, following a guide would not really be prudent. The best plan would be trial-n-error.

Installing them at 2 different points in time would ensure that one is not confused with the source of the results — as stated, madVR delivers more bang and hence was recommended for first installation.

Are you online?

Looks like not . Guess he's to some amazing places that I have seen to Eurosport in the campaign called " Incredible India "

I envy you guys, even if my country is beautiful too....

Every time I saw those clips when I watched to US Open I thought that through those places could be my friends from nsane @dcs18 & @Undertaker !

Sorry for the off-topic guys, just I said what I felt , considering that is the most open topic from nsane !

Very delighted I met you, guys !

Regards,

;)

On 8/17/2017 at 10:09 AM, Undertaker said:

Had a system breakdown in the last couple of days.

The person at Nehru Place suggested my system maynot be compatible enough for W10.

So now running the suggested OS - W7 Professional.

Hope your new Windows 10 didn't screw your happiness. yXZVmpE.gif

1 hour ago, 0bin said:
11 hours ago, dcs18 said:

DD-WRT is now 33375 Beta.

Once taken this path, you cannot go back :P

Only way is through serial. You cannot restore original firmware or previous builds through this build.

The USB automount still not work.

Maybe dd-wrt need someone teaching them how to make builds?

:rofl:

Why won't one be able to go back 0bin? Wl2LIwk.gif

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

All good here, bro.

Cool , happy to hear it ! uu0vOfR.gif

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

no idea about Undertaker though (thought he was maybe facing computer problems.)

Hope to be only computer issues & maybe you need to give him a hand :  RlW5CMh.gif

Spoiler

ixpRc65.jpg

Take care ! F3h9xqz.gif

:lol:

I had an exam yesterday so was preparing for it.

That's all.

No life problems, only some l'il software problems.

In the meanwhile, have paired Acrylic DNS proxy with Dnscrypt-proxy for my system.

15 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

In the meanwhile, have paired Acrylic DNS proxy with Dnscrypt-proxy for my system.

While earlier, SimpleDNScrypt was giving me ping times in excess of 80 ms; using DNScrypt-proxy(BikinHappy Singapore server) with Acrylic DNS proxy on my 1 Mbps connection(after FUP), the result are as follows:-

zyVzbw9.png

7 hours ago, Undertaker said:

While earlier, SimpleDNScrypt was giving me ping times in excess of 80 ms; using DNScrypt-proxy(BikinHappy Singapore server) with Acrylic DNS proxy on my 1 Mbps connection(after FUP), the result are as follows:-

zyVzbw9.png

Suspect that if you retest with your Adguard disabled, the ping time would improve even further. yXZVmpE.gif

33 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Suspect that if you retest with your Adguard disabled, the ping time would improve even further. yXZVmpE.gif

Maybe, but that's not an ideal scenario, because there is a need to run adguard at all the times, so disabling it would not show the right result I'm going to experience in real-life browsing.

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived