"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

It's not perfect — just equalized across different editions (IDM has to be still run at least once before it will integrate.)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

It's not perfect — just equalized across different editions (IDM has to be still run at least once before it will integrate.)

When you get free, let's collaborate on this.

On 7/22/2017 at 10:29 PM, Undertaker said:

Anything for the page actions button?

When I updated my Nightly yesterday, I got the Page Actions button, too — there's no about:config solution but those who do not use CTR can try the following:—

Spoiler

#urlbar-page-action-button {
  display: none !important;

}

3 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

When I updated my Nightly yesterday, I got the Page Actions button, too — there's no about:config solution but those who do not use CTR can try the following:—

CTR may hold a surprise for you in v57.

Don't forget to backup :tooth:

7 minutes ago, dcs18 said:
On 7/22/2017 at 10:29 PM, Undertaker said:

Anything for the page actions button?

Reveal hidden contents

For Users of CTR — the following code will remove the Page Actions button:—

Spoiler

#pageActionButton {
    display: none !important;

}

Nightly v57 DC 03-08-2017

• Show sidebar has a new icon.

http://i.imgur.com/NtcQ6PV.jpg

• This is especially for Dark theme users like me, the active tab now has a blue highlighter at the top of it's tab. You will also notice that the icons in the address bar(back, forward, reload, home) have undergone some change as well.

http://i.imgur.com/P6kaBpf.png

• The background color behind the menu bar(when hovered) was still dark blue till now, after today's update it now matches the dark theme.

http://i.imgur.com/uflRbLC.jpg

• Update regarding legacy addon

I don't think Nightly will prevent the usage of legacy extension(atleast for now).

They have by default, provided for legacy extensions to be installed and working.

extensions.legacy.enabled;true

The above is default entry. It also provides a place to put exceptions of legacy addons you might want to install.

However, it may all be different on a stable release. I'm expecting this entry to be false by default in the stable release, maybe hidden and not even working.

This is how it would appear then,

http://i.imgur.com/x04i2zR.png

http://i.imgur.com/VN6xji1.png

@dcs18 So maybe you will not have problem installing CTR on nightly as such, can't say the same for stable release.

providensia

hi, need help about corel draw x7. i think i got caught (blacklisted), coz corel only working on view mode, can't edit, can't save,
any tutorial to block psi services or delete it? if possible make a batch file or script for easy use? is there a tool like antemu adobe emulator by painter?

windows firewall is off, and using eset anti virus.

thanks

providensia,

Not a user of CorelDRAW but had tried it out, around a year ago — you can use your firewall to block all its executables safely (but remember, not all all apps & programs call home to blacklist the activation.)

0bin,

Only the ESS from ESET has the firewall module.

Hey @knowledge

Never heard of them before, just had a quick glance over their site.

Although they have tried to mirror everything even the gui to an extent to IDM, there are still some core things it's missing.

I see users reporting it works better on chrome than on firefox. I'm a firefox user and won't be happy with this.

Then I think it has only facility to download/capture video from Youtube and not other sites like facebook,etc. And some of their users reported that it doesn't even capture all YT videos.

The max conn. is limited to 16, IDM have 32, users with high speed may infact notice a downgrade when they move from IDM to flareget.

Since, it's not popular, I don't think there is a medicine for it. But I see it is cheap in the sense, that you can buy 2 license for the price of 1 IDM license.

Personally, IDM is working perfectly on my side, and as of this moment I do not see the need to move to an alternative.

But will keep this mind if IDM goes rogue.

Thanx ;)

How to translate Avira Phantom VPN ?

Here is one way, I couldn't find anywhere in settings a place to change language.

And if you look the installation directory you could see de-DE, en-US, es-ES, fr-FR, it-IT, ja-JP, nl-NL, pl-PL, pt-BR, ru-RU, tr-TR, zh-CN and zh-TW.

1] close the app
2] open the file "Avira.WebAppHost.exe.config" with notepad
3] at the bottom of the page you will find :
    <applicationSettings>
        <Avira.WebAppHost.Properties.Settings>
            <setting name="LANG" serializeAs="String">
                <value>en-US</value>

4] replace the value "en-US" using the name of the directory of your own language (i.e. "fr-FR" for French)
5] save the modified file
6] restart Avira Phantom VPN

19 hours ago, knowledge said:

https://flareget.com/

is like idm ?

Oh yeah, looks like an IDM wannabe — hope they can keep FlareGet in active development and maybe one day, even out-perform IDM (hope someone publishes it as a software update.)

Until that day comes, I'm sure folks will continue to enjoy the new methods that have emerged to fix IDM — meanwhile, FlareGet might be a direct threat to EagleGet.

Nightly v57.0a1 D.C. 04-08-2017

New Nightly logo and icon was introduced.

http://i.imgur.com/BAdh01l.png

It's already in effect in most of the UI

Just now, Undertaker said:

@dcs18 Everything ok on Adguard-IDM front?

Everything is fine with the Adguard : IDM friendship equation.

Just now, Undertaker said:

BTW what's with the above quote? Context?

Today is Friendship Day — have a good one.

5 hours ago, dcs18 said:

A Happy Friendship Day to all my dear friends:—

fxezFnI.png

O yeah, I can confirm that : It happened even here after an episode when I tried to " sell some shirts " ( the connoisseurs know ) and the friend always in service was/is/will be (hope) @dcs18It is known.  RlW5CMh.gif

To that moment I thought that I was fighting for the right cause...and still think that.... tx38TOr.gif

The friendship with you guys, and with other some made me not to give up...Thanks ! 8N3udPP.gif

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived