"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

On 7/15/2017 at 0:02 PM, dcs18 said:

Mine is unlocked in the SysTray.

2 days and several reboots later, secure rules is still enabled in my WFC.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

It just happened on my system — again. :o

22 hours ago, dcs18 said:
23 hours ago, Undertaker said:

It just happened on my system — again. :o

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and again — seems to happen when the system is started for the first time in the morning (not been able to identify the program which is deactivating Secure rules.) :angry:

36 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and again — seems to happen when the system is started for the first time in the morning (not been able to identify the program which is deactivating Secure rules.) :angry:

You can safely rule out - Adguard, uTorrent, Snagit, WinRar, Office, Firefox and Teamviewer - as none of them cause that here. ;)

Can't really rule out any program since a lot depends on the way it was configured, too.

Yesterday, when Secure rules was found deactivated, the Nightly had created 2 allow rules.

3 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Can't really rule out any program since a lot depends on the way it was configured, too.

Yesterday, when Secure rules was found deactivated, the Nightly had created 2 allow rules.

You been having a lot of problems lately, first Acrylic, then Adguard, then WFC and finally IDM. Maybe it's time to review your system setup. :)

6 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

You been having a lot of problems lately, first Acrylic, then Adguard, then WFC and finally IDM. Maybe it's time to review your system setup. :)

The Acrylic DNS issue was due to a blanket boycott of Google — what about the others?

Just now, dcs18 said:

The Acrylic DNS issue was due to a blanket boycott of Google — what about the others?

It is not mandatory to run Acrylic with Google DNS. You can specify your choice of DNS. Acrylic can function very well, even without so much as the mention of the word Google to it. :P

Adguard - IDM not showing in Add Applications window.

WFC - Secure Rules checkbox unchecking issue.

IDM - IDM panel not showing if it is not running in tray(atleast I know for Youtube).

12 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

It is not mandatory to run Acrylic with Google DNS. You can specify your choice of DNS. Acrylic can function very well, even without so much as the mention of the word Google to it. :P

Acrylic DNS used Google DNS by default and my security policy rejected it — quite legit.

The fact that I can choose DNS servers other than Google is besides the point since DNSCrypt was a better alternative (with an additional encryption capability.)

Adguard - IDM not showing in Add Applications window.

This behavior is not limited to Adguard, on hindsight — that's sounds preferable to me, from the security standpoint.

IDM - IDM panel not showing if it is not running in tray(atleast I know for Youtube).

At the current versions (IDM + Firefox,) it certainly should not — if the IDM panel is showing, that only indicates Firefox is not configured fully for an exotic e10s.

WFC - Secure Rules checkbox unchecking issue.

This . . . . . . only time will tell.

33 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Acrylic DNS used Google DNS by default and my security policy rejected it — quite legit.

Or you could have configured Acrylic DNS before starting the Acrylic service and program, your security wouldn't have rejected it then.

This behavior is not limited to Adguard, on hindsight — that's sounds preferable to me, from the security standpoint.

Fair enough.

At the current versions (IDM + Firefox,) it certainly should not — if the IDM panel is showing, that only indicates Firefox is not configured fully for an exotic e10s.

Now I know what's up between you and him :lol:

I don't use nightly myself, so can't say about that but I can say that my observation holds good for the stable release of Firefox.

You also have a stable FF too, how's IDM in that stable build?

How's it on a clean profile?

1 hour ago, Undertaker said:

My apologies — just discovered that the reason for IDM panel not showing (this one's my fault.) :P

Correction:—

Problem recurs after a system reboot — advanced integration module of IDM is unable to overcome the e10s on the current stable Firefox.

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

My apologies — just discovered that the reason for IDM panel not showing (this one's my fault.) :P

Fixed for both versions now or just the stable? :think:

Have to check — had uninstalled both browsers (and also IDM,) wiped-off all settings, purged all debris to troubleshoot.

Shall be installing the Nightly later and will check the same.

Previous post edited. :(

44 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Correction:—

Problem recurs after a system reboot — advanced integration module of IDM is unable to overcome the e10s on the current stable Firefox.

I can vouch for the stable build, it's working with IDM nicely.

I would say, you need to first find and fix whatever that is messing up your system reboots/starups as it's affecting your IDM and WFC also.

4 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

I would say, you need to first find and fix whatever that is messing up your system reboots/starups as it's affecting your IDM and WFC also.

Nah, my conclusion is that there's nothing to fix.

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

Nah, my conclusion is that there's nothing to fix.

That's fine with me. But what I was saying was that if the developers are not able to reproduce the errors or bugs on their side, there is very hard luck in them being aware of it(let alone fix it).

6 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

But what I was saying was that if the developers are not able to reproduce the errors or bugs on their side, there is very hard luck in them being aware of it(let alone fix it).

What makes you feel that Developers are not able to reproduce the errors which are being reported by the masses?

How are they going to fix it when they've been keeping themselves busy in bypassing the firewall solution . . . . . . . instead of focusing their attention on the more important add-on-integration (remember Mozilla is advancing at a rapid pace — most of their alpha and even beta-testers have already dumped the Nightly.)

44 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

What makes you feel that Developers are not able to reproduce the errors which are being reported by the masses?

Because e10s is available since a long time now and I think they have that fixed if not for all, atleast for major sites like youtube without any hiccups.

I tried with a clean profile like you asked and I didn't have any problem with that.

Did you try it on a clean profile?

Just now, Undertaker said:
49 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Because e10s is available since a long time now and I think they have that fixed if not for all, atleast for major sites like youtube without any hiccups.

There's a gaping difference between the e10s that was introduced long ago and the one that's been (still being) implemented today.

In fact e10s is constantly evolving — why do you think IDM integration works partially on stable builds while it is almost dysfunctional on the Nightlies.

Problem is that Firefox been continuously evolving while IDM Developers were wasting time on protection.

You might want to check your Firefox e10s.

You seem to have missed this post — full and clean re-installation for Firefox, IDM and Adguard, as well.

After I discovered the misconfiguration, my IDM integration has improved.

There's a gaping difference between the e10s that was introduced long ago and the one that's been (still being) implemented today.

In fact e10s is constantly evolving — why do you think IDM integration works partially on stable builds

IDM is working with latest stable build(with e10s)

4 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

You might want to check your Firefox e10s.

It's enabled.

What's enabled?

e10s is enabled. I thought that's what you meant when you asked " You might want to check your Firefox e10s."

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Yes e10s — but, what were the steps you took?

Steps for what? I dunno what you are asking.

You can see it if you want.

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived