"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

It's one bridge at a time — ATM, ESR is not in the same league as the Nightly.

ESR never will be.

But if you want to remain on v56, why not the beta? Again it's not in the same league as Nightly but it is up-to-date.

I'd run into some issue with the beta — a conflict with the Nightly which I don't remember right now.

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

I'd run into some issue with the beta — a conflict with the Nightly which I don't remember right now.

That's fine but what is your long term plan?

Are you searching for a alternate browser or is it a good time to restart configuring firefox all over again taking into account the recent changes?

Once I find the sweet spot for deployment, shall upgrade to the V57 environment — ATM, have deployed the V56 Nightly to all client machines.

:o

Given the announcement that legacy extensions will be disabled tomorrow in the Nightly build, I pushed uBO/webext -- the pure WebExtension version -- to dev channel of uBlock Origin on AMO.

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

It's a pity he neglects uMatrix (but understandable.) <_<

I basically wanted to highlight this :-

legacy extensions will be disabled tomorrow in the Nightly build

p.s. logging out now.

1 hour ago, Undertaker said:

legacy extensions will be disabled tomorrow in the Nightly build

Just provided exceptions to both uBo and uMatrix in my nightly about:config, let's see what happens today when the update arrives. Bring it on. :D

Nightly v57.0a1 D.C 11-08-2017

Ok where to start now. :lol:

• After this update, my Nightly navigation bar was reset as shown below. Flexible space was added to both sides of the URL bar and a Library icon was added to the right. Bookmark Icon was gone.
Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/E5qiX49.png

• The about:addons received the same UI change as the about:preferences screen now.
Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FnpvC2m.png

Update:-

On 8/8/2017 at 7:27 PM, Undertaker said:

p.s. If you want to return to old look of about:preference set the following entry to true :-

browser.preferences.useOldOrganization

^^ This is no longer working.

• The legacy addon are now disabled by default. Although they have left the toggle button for customization.
Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/qSksuQm.png

• My idea of providing exception didn't work out to prevent the disabling of my addons. Only a change in extensions.legacy.enabled brought them back to life:-
21 hours ago, Undertaker said:

Just provided exceptions to both uBo and uMatrix in my nightly about:config, let's see what happens today when the update arrives. Bring it on. :D

But I noticed one good thing which I got by adding my legacy extension to exceptions list i.e. If added to exception list, the legacy tag near the addon in about:addons disappeared.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/XxjqO32.png

http://i.imgur.com/OAdQzTR.png

LegitSoldier

hi guys

i use windows firewall with windows firewall control, what fix can i use for IDM v.28 build 17 ? ^^

4 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Also, you might want to check whether you have ticked (activated) the Enable Extensions and Adguard Popup Blocker options — if you're still encountering those pop-ups, do post the link to the page. ;)

Do you have this enabled on your setup as well?

Pls disable it then. It doesn't cater to modern popups, they are working on v2 of the script which I would recommend and will be available in v6.2 stable. This one doesn't block in today's time and may slow your browsing also because you are loading the userscript.

Just now, Undertaker said:
4 hours ago, dcs18 said:

Also, you might want to check whether you have ticked (activated) the Enable Extensions and Adguard Popup Blocker options — if you're still encountering those pop-ups, do post the link to the page. ;)

Do you have this enabled on your setup as well?

Pls disable it then. It doesn't cater to modern popups, they are working on v2 of the script which I would recommend and will be available in v6.2 stable. This one doesn't block in today's time and may slow your browsing also because you are loading the userscript.

On my personal systems, the Enable Extensions and Adguard Popup Blocker options are left deactivated due to my extreme filtration policy.

Even the V2 script that they are working on and for that matter all future scripts won't match this implementation. ^_^

Hey @dcs18 ,

Man, which is the best battery drain analyzer for Android ?

Did you use one until now ?

I got a Galaxy S8 some weeks ago and I feel that the battery " flows " too quickly.....

Was used with 3600mAh on Galaxy S7 Edge but now has been reduced to 3000mAh. Maybe the processor eats a bit low level from the battery now, but for sure the screen is the higher consumer...

I used in the past  GSam Battery Monitor Pro  & T Battery Monitor Pro.

The phone is unrooted due to Samsung idiot policies regarding warranty lose...:duh:

Thanks & Regards,

;)

23 minutes ago, knowledge said:

not sure programs real help on battery

I understood what you mean : it is true.

But a battery drain analyzer app. will tell you some informations about which apps. consume a higher level of battery......in this section I can make some modifications eventually disabling / uninstalling some of them....

I already disabled lots of bloatware with Package Disabler Pro (Samsung)

Battery drain analyser is not the same with battery optimization....even if both have same aim !

Also this app. can tell you which hardware eats a higher level...but here there isn't nothing you can do....

Regards Bro,

;)

Have never used any app. to analyze battery drain as every additional app. contributes to the drain — yes, I know the native battery monitoring on android, is terrible.

However, (as you're already aware) have been fairly successful in arresting my battery drain.

Had a system breakdown in the last couple of days.

The person at Nehru Place suggested my system maynot be compatible enough for W10.

So now running the suggested OS - W7 Professional.

Could have, but the other person had already installed W7 seeing the tags/label on my laptop. He felt going safe towards what the laptop said.

Moreover, I would have to download the ISO of W8 which would have taken long.

My setup now:-

Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64(Updated till August)

MS Office 2016 x64(Updated till August)

Firefox Stable v55.0.2 x64(with uMatrix Beta-1.0.1b5)

Adguard For Windows (6.2.390.2018)

Acrylic DNS Proxy

Google Chrome(Secondary browser)

MPC-BE

VLC(for Voot and HotStar streaming/downloading)

IDM(6.28.17)

PowerISO(had to install this-v6.9)

SnagIT

....and some its and bits.

@dcs18 What's your choice for mounting images on your Win 7?

Have never found any use for mounting images (despite having UltraISO which is believed to be the second best) — I just use my CD / DVD ROM.

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived