"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Just now, dcs18 said:

Once I get free shall inspect your system over TeamViewer.

We have to enable e10s in Firefox 54.0.1? Is that what you were saying?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The e10s is not a mere button that one switches on or off, as per requirement — there are other associated points to e10s, too.

Just now, dcs18 said:

The e10s is not a mere button that one switches on or off, as per requirement — there are other associated points to e10s, too.

Ok (BTW I think there's no button now to enable/disable e10s like it was in earlier build I think)

If you don't have free time in a long time - you can upload and paste a link here to your stable Firefox profile please, so I can check my IDM with that. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Undertaker said:

Fixed for both versions now or just the stable? :think:

Just got my Nightly back — IDM integration doesn't work for most part. :mellow:

Just now, dcs18 said:

Just got my Nightly back — IDM integration doesn't work for most part. :mellow:

Now you're just teasing me to try Nightly.

But I guess the results won't matter till we have the same profile.

So not gonna try it. :P

1 hour ago, Undertaker said:

Now you're just teasing me to try Nightly.

So not gonna try it. :P

Last week, when you were using my system and we were inspecting my Nightly processes, via my Task Manager — do you remember how many processes was configured for my computer for my Customers' systems and also how many your Firefox was set to use? yXZVmpE.gif

32 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Last week, when you were using my system and we were inspecting my Nightly processes, via my Task Manager — do you remember how many processes was configured for my computer for my Customers' systems and also how many your Firefox was set to use? yXZVmpE.gif

I think we were on your stable firefox release, on your system it was set to 8, on your customers I think it was 4 processes. Mine is 2. :P 

Just now, Undertaker said:
34 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I think we were on your stable firefox release, on your system it was set to 8, on your customers I think it was 4 processes. Mine is 2. :P 

As discussed, the number of processes are 10 on my Nightly, 9 on my stable Firefox and set at 5 for my Customers while you was mentioned yours as set for 2 . . . . . . . now try any of those numbers and then report back whether your IDM continues to be able to provide advanced integration. B)

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

As discussed, the number of processes are 10 on my Nightly, 9 on my stable Firefox and set at 5 for my Customers while you was mentioned yours as set for 2 . . . . . . . now try any of those numbers and then report back whether your IDM continues to be able to provide advanced integration. B)

Just set them up or you really want me to open up 10 processes and then try?

1 minute ago, Undertaker said:
4 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Just set them up or you really want me to open up 10 processes and then try?

Set the number (remember this is just one of the many other components of the e10s multi-process.)

16 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Set the number (remember this is just one of the many other components of the e10s multi-process.)

This is the result @5processes, IDM was not started before

It's killing my lappy, Ram level reached 1.7 of 4, do you still want me to go higher on the no. of processes?

This is the result @5processes, IDM was not started before

Just curious — what were the steps you took to get your Firefox to 5 processes?

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

Just curious — what were the steps you took to get your Firefox to 5 processes?

about:config > and then set dom.ipc.processCount;5 > restart browser(clearing cache,etc.)

Is there any other process? I have been out of touch, be easy on me. :P

Yeah, that's fine — on my 3 different systems, have determined that when my process count is lowered to 4 or below, my IDM integration works as expected (almost perfectly.)

Any process count from 5 onwards — then, IDM needs to be run (now, my Firefox need not be restarted — a refresh/reload is sufficient.)

I did restart just to phase out any anomaly.

5 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Any process count from 5 onwards — then, IDM needs to be run (now, my Firefox need not be restarted — a refresh/reload is sufficient.)

You want me to try 10 processes(but I will not open 10 tabs, I may suffer a lappy heatout).

You can also give a video which doesn't work for sure on 10 processes.

You only need to set the number of process count — not needed to open that many tabs, just one single tab to the video (any YouTube video) would suffice.

Also, a log-off is sufficient — no need to restart.

36 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

remember this is just one of the many other components of the e10s multi-process.

If you're satisfied with the processes result, shall we proceed further now. :)

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

No need for screenshots, either. ^_^

If you're satisfied with the processes result, shall we proceed further now. :)

Sure, carry on with your tests — mine has already reached it's logical conclusion. ;)

Just now, dcs18 said:

Sure, carry on with your tests — mine has already reached it's logical conclusion. ;)

Wait, what to test?

And what conclusion? :think:

23 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Yeah, that's fine — on my 3 different systems, have determined that when my process count is lowered to 4 or below, my IDM integration works as expected (almost perfectly.)

1 minute ago, dcs18 said:

Any process count from 5 onwards — then, IDM needs to be run

This doesn't happen here, believe me, I could not show the screenshot but IDM was not opened. :(

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived