"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Undertaker
4 minutes ago, Dukun Cabul said:

Coz, that's the only ways so far with Kaspersky :D

No, I'm sure there was a Application Rule option as well :think:

Where you could tinkle with the options related to that app not just limited to firewall aspect of it.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dukun Cabul
2 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

No, I'm sure there was a Application Rule option as well :think:

Where you could tinkle with the options related to that app not just limited to firewall aspect of it.

Alright, I'll figure it out ..... but not today ;)

Thanks for reminding me B)

Undertaker
2 minutes ago, Dukun Cabul said:

Alright, I'll figure it out ..... but not today ;)

Thanks for reminding me B)

Post by @IamBidyuT for reference :

Hello sledge101,

May I ask usually how long does it take to finish when running IDM Activation Fix only? I execute that bat script and it run for more than 2 hours and keep running.

Here is the screenshot in gif:  http://recordit.co/31y6Q8XULj . I saw the line Access is denied appears many times.

56 minutes ago, Dukun Cabul said:

For Kaspersky lovers, try this configuration

then run IDM_AIO.bat performs empty CLSID check

If it doesn't work, then ...... kill me :D

Just a heads-up — IamBidyuT encountered a deactivation with the firewall method (not sure of the present status of his IDM — Undertaker was collaborating with him, via TeamViewer):—

On 6/23/2017 at 9:00 AM, IamBidyuT said:

Alright ! Dealing this after a loooooooong time :P

WFR.png

Dukun Cabul
29 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Just a heads-up — IamBidyuT encountered a deactivation with the firewall method (not sure of the present status of his IDM — Undertaker was collaborating with him, via TeamViewer):—

which blocking method is that .... at system level or at app level ?

Mine is still working like a charm B)

EDITED

FYI, I'm currently using blocking method at app level, and so far no issue at all. Need more time to test.

Network Rule

@sledge101

first I used you IDM_AIO_2017_With_Activation_Fix.bat and get this

dkriwlfb5wky5hdit.jpg

but after typing 1 I get this

running into a loop for longer that 10 minutes

maybe the reason for this syntax error is that I am using Windows in German. I still get

dkrjcf0iiuc9f2y0l.jpg

Dukun Cabul
39 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

There's a flaw in your configuration — your rule needs to be tightened-up. ;)

Sure, that's only a simple configuration.

I'm just wondering if anyone succeed with that configuration, coz I have been running a lot of test and it still retains the activation without any issue.

I did not want to wait for a solution so I restored a 4 days old backup but now I get again

dkrm60e5yhtpusxo3.jpg

What I don't understand is, that the Trail reset works perfect on the admin account but don't work on the user account although I use Trail reset there with admin privileges

7 hours ago, joehan said:

Hello sledge101,

May I ask usually how long does it take to finish when running IDM Activation Fix only? I execute that bat script and it run for more than 2 hours and keep running.

Here is the screenshot in gif:  http://recordit.co/31y6Q8XULj . I saw the line Access is denied appears many times.

3 seconds tops , its fast.  If you have access denied then you might using other blocking method

Can you show me the idmrestore.txt you have saved?

6 hours ago, Togijak said:

@sledge101

first I used you IDM_AIO_2017_With_Activation_Fix.bat and get this

dkriwlfb5wky5hdit.jpg

but after typing 1 I get this

https://youtu.be/7lhzrP6j_ig

running into a loop for longer that 10 minutes

maybe the reason for this syntax error is that I am using Windows in German. I still get

dkrjcf0iiuc9f2y0l.jpg

@togijak....  maybe but can you do it in english?... i dont have any experience on this language. However based on what you posted it seems that you've been using other patches or blockers?

Can you send me your registry entry specifically to this

X64

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\WOW6432Node\CLSID

X86

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID

Your big registry in pm upon inspection /browsing seems to provide me only the hklm but not the hkcu.

FYI, The display you showed like "...counterfeit nagging and idm exiting " means that the parent keys ( 6d/5d key) was not block or has been resetted usually occurs when you re-install/update idm then idm opens after.

Now, your big registry entry as i was inspecting ,   i cannot see your hkcu registry entry. I assumed you were using before another blocker and cannot access the whole hkcu registry.  ?

The idm batch scripts 2017 only finds for the specific IDM Clsid keys under hkcu  not the whole blocking of hkcu entry of all programs which is noted in some patches or blockers before.  For me , i dont personally like blocking everything in the registry.  I just need the clsid keys for idm specifically to block thats what the idm batch script 2017 is for.

If you cannot access the above hkcu  means the hkcu whole registry is blocked.  Otherwise,  you just need to provide me with the hkcu entry above then it can be fixed easily if i can see it.

When the whole hkcu is blocked totally , definitely the idm batch scripts will report it as access denied or access error.

hamanokaito
6 hours ago, Togijak said:

I did not want to wait for a solution so I restored a 4 days old backup but now I get again

dkrm60e5yhtpusxo3.jpg

What I don't understand is, that the Trail reset works perfect on the admin account but don't work on the user account although I use Trail reset there with admin privileges

User account limited administrator privileges. So you can't use trialreset or fix with administrator.

1 hour ago, hamanokaito said:

User account limited administrator privileges. So you can't use trialreset or fix with administrator.

:) yup especially in windows 10 ,  a limited administrator account.

For reference only :  hXXps://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-user-account-type-windows-10

#4  is am currently using cmd.exe  

with regards to togijak issue, i know what causes that nag....   i already placed the key responible for that however he uninstalled IDM  so its up to him....nevertheless if you reinstall idm it will always be there.. ;)

Dukun Cabul

Couldn't resist to test Kaspersky with the same configuration on different PC... :lol:

Surprisingly came to the same result ...... it sill retains IDM activation without any issue ...B)

5 hours ago, sledge101 said:

3 seconds tops , its fast.  If you have access denied then you might using other blocking method

Can you show me the idmrestore.txt you have saved?

Hi,

I terminated batch job after 3 hours runing, so no addtional file was created.

You are right, I used Reset method before, and it worked for long time until IDM team found a way to bypass this method as well as blocking IPs with Windows firewall.

I did try to uninstall IDM, running IDMclean bat file, then I tried IDM_AIO_2017_With_Activation_Fix.bat but I got the same problem. It just running forever.

Undertaker
22 minutes ago, Dukun Cabul said:

Couldn't resist to test Kaspersky with the same configuration on different PC... :lol:

Surprisingly came to the same result ...... it sill retains IDM activation without any issue ...B)

Are you using system level blocking or application level blocking in Kaspersky now? :think:

Dukun Cabul
17 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Are you using system level blocking or application level blocking in Kaspersky now? :think:

1st PC Win 10 Pro blocked at app level ........ fine B)

2nd PC Win 8.1 Pro blocked at system level ........... fine B)

Undertaker
6 minutes ago, Dukun Cabul said:

1st PC Win 10 Pro blocked at app level ........ fine B)

2nd PC Win 8.1 Pro blocked at system level ........... fine B)

I want you to do this test on the system with app level protection.

Install Build 14 and then update to build 15

Reply back what happens.

Dukun Cabul
33 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

I want you to do this test on the system with app level protection.

Install Build 14 and then update to build 15

Reply back what happens.

OK, just give me some time .....

EDITED

Tested:

1. Uninstall IDM

2. Run IDM_AIO.bat

3. Same KIS configuration (untouched)

4. Install Build 14 Trial

5. Run IDM updates ...... blocked

6. Visit IDM home page-Download ........blocked

6. http://50.97.82.44/idman628build15.exe ......... blocked

8. Download multiple files ...... successful and no issue

9. Turn Off/On IDM ..... no issue

10. Restart system ..... no issue

11. Run IDM_AIO.bat ....... same result

Gonna update to Build 15 now ..... just install over the previous one ?

1 hour ago, joehan said:

Hi,

I terminated batch job after 3 hours runing, so no addtional file was created.

You are right, I used Reset method before, and it worked for long time until IDM team found a way to bypass this method as well as blocking IPs with Windows firewall.

I did try to uninstall IDM, running IDMclean bat file, then I tried IDM_AIO_2017_With_Activation_Fix.bat but I got the same problem. It just running forever.

ok  idmrestore.txt logs your files  for specific dim keys , if you did a lot of previous  method and idm restore is left  blank.....now  the best way is to do it manually restoring it... to help you easier .send me the pm your clsid keys below

The idmrestore.txt looks like this when you open it.

https://postimg.org/image/r82v1sasl/

X64: if you are using on x64
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\WOW6432Node\CLSID
X86: if you are using on X86
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID

by sending this , i will look into your idm clsid keys so we can manually restore all idm clsid keys  and save it on a log file.

I wil guide you thru the rest of it.... 

Please remember the batch scripts are made specifically to those who dont use patches or previous blocking methods

In hamanokaitos method, there is always a restore function for that  -- as seen on videos posted in OP in this thread.

In my previous post , i showed a video there. and you will noticed that the fake serial is on upon opening idm ...  i do not worry about that because that will be fix later. In fact i allowed it  and download something so the other clsid keys are in place before using the script. If this is the scenario, you only need to the activation fix only script to run as admin.

@togijak case , the defualt clsid key   6d / 5d  is absent now idm creates a random clsid which the  therad and model spread to branch key 6a ,  thats why he gets the idm exiting , he just need to block it.  that will fix his issue.

later, i will post another video tutorial about more or less similar in your case. from reinstallation to update.

Always remember that updating to latest build ENABLES your parent keys , so after running idmupdt.exe,  just restore it using idm auto or manual batch given the idmrestore.txt exist  then run immediately activation fix only script .

Thru that you can now re open back IDM with no nagging

Undertaker
41 minutes ago, Dukun Cabul said:

Gonna update to Build 15 now ..... just install over the previous one ?

Yes run it over

Dukun Cabul
18 minutes ago, Undertaker said:

Yes run it over

Done ..... what a sweat :lol:

1. PC still connected to internet

2. Install Build 15 over the previous one

3. Hooray ..... still activated and no issue!

4. IDM quick updates ..... blocked

5, Visit IDM home page - download ....... blocked

6. Accessing/download from following URLs ....... blocked

http://50.97.82.44/idman628build15.exe
http://50.97.82.44/commerce/2odlksMSLPFNW84503ksu99vnwud/idman628build15f.exe
http://50.97.82.44/updates/dfghrtv3465773FRJD843dedhx250dlAsb/idmupdt.exe

7. Download multiple files ..... successful no issue

8. Turn Off/On IDM .... no issue

9. Restart system ..... no issue

10. Launch IDM on startup ..... no issue

I don't know anymore what I should do ..... :lol:

RESULT

Undertaker
3 minutes ago, Dukun Cabul said:

Done ..... what a sweat :lol:

Looks like Kaspersky have fixed the firewall bug they had long ago, where if you created application filter rules and updated the installation with a new build, it would reset the filter rules. But as per @Dukun Cabul testing that is not happening now. :thumbsup:

• Matrix locked this topic

Archived