"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rules for nSane are listed under the main Adblock Plus tutorial at post # 3325 — besides my signature, it is a good idea to monitor post # 2 for all updates & developments, posted by everybody at The Playground.

BTW do you have any idea for the search button.._ :huh:

The Search function is the first thing I block at any site due to its ability to host malwares — however, if you wish . . . . . . . I shall post the relevant rules that need to be disabled for functioning of the same.

Personally . . . . . . if for example, I need to search for Dusktilldawn at nSane — I use the following search parameter on an Encrypted Google.

"Dusktilldawn" site:nsaneforums.com

Another great alternative is to bookmark the following page:—

http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

Shall be back after a few hours — breaking now for dinner and for some quality time with the family. ;)

The rules for nSane are listed under the main Adblock Plus tutorial at post # 3325 — besides my signature, it is a good idea to monitor post # 2 for all updates & developments, posted by everybody at The Playground.

The Search function is the first thing I block at any site due to its ability to host malwares — however, if you wish . . . . . . . I shall post the relevant rules that need to be disabled for functioning of the same.

Personally . . . . . . if for example, I need to search for Dusktilldawn at nSane — I use the following search parameter on an Encrypted Google.

"Dusktilldawn" site:nsaneforums.com

Another great alternative is to bookmark the following page:—

http://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

Shall be back after a few hours — breaking now for dinner and for some quality time with the family. ;)

Ha ha..

You already deserve it..so is your family.. ;)

furthermore how can I bbring back the search button on it

The rules that are required to be disabled in order for the nSane Search to be functional once again:—

nsaneforums.com###brandinghttp://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_images/master/advanced_search.pnghttp://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_images/master/search_icon.png

furthermore how can I bbring back the search button on it

The rules that are required to be disabled in order for the nSane Search to be functional once again:—

nsaneforums.com###brandinghttp://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_images/master/advanced_search.pnghttp://www.nsaneforums.com/public/style_images/master/search_icon.png

thank you..

UltraISO did the job :thumbsup:

How is your Windows 10, turning out? :)
Not bad. But there are lots of unnecessary thing which I need to get rid of. Well, I haven't installed it in my own system as I am going to sell it. Installed in my friend's system which he left at my home until I give him a workable system. I am collecting tweaks and workarounds from wherever I can and making an archive of those so that I never have to search for them again.

Yet for master tweakings I will be needing your help. Anything you wanna suggest?

MediaFire Changelog:—

• extended the scope of the guide to way beyond what it was originally intended
  • added Rules (For The Adblock Plus, Filter)
  • added Rules (For The Element Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus, Filter)
  • added Test Sample
  • added Before and After illustrations
  • added Objects Blocked

Why Mr. Dhokla Charan Sarma 18wi baar me metric pass is so calm & quiet about Windows 10? :rofl:

UltraISO did the job :thumbsup:

How is your Windows 10, turning out? :)
Not bad. But there are lots of unnecessary thing which I need to get rid of. Well, I haven't installed it in my own system as I am going to sell it. Installed in my friend's system which he left at my home until I give him a workable system. I am collecting tweaks and workarounds from wherever I can and making an archive of those so that I never have to search for them again.

Yet for master tweakings I will be needing your help. Anything you wanna suggest?

"Leak-proof & Tamper-proof Implementation of Windows Firewall Control (WFC)"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

The Objective:—

To configure Windows Firewall Control (WFC) for a tamper-proof and leak-proof experience without any noise (meaning absolutely zero pop-ups) and without using any hardware tweaks.

This new implementation also blocks Microsoft from intruding into your privacy (effective on any version of Windows especially relevant for Users of Windows 10.)

Please note, you can even use the Free Edition of Windows Firewall Control (WFC.)

v0.89.5

* cleanup image borders can now optionally only crop black bar borders

* implemented "move OSD and subtitles into active video area" option

* madVR OSD now respects screen masking

* optimized OSD APIs to allow media players to respect screen masking

* optimized subtitle positioning for internal MPC-HC/MPC-BE subtitle renderer

* added APIs for media players to set zoom/position modes

* added IMadVRCommand::SendCommandInt("keyPress") support (J.River MC)

* some render code cleanup (fully removed AMD interop hack etc)

* fixed: one cause for shutdown crash with native DXVA decoding

* fixed: OSD fused different luma/chroma NNEDI3 neurons into "image"

* fixed: image enhancements "restore defaults" set LumaSharpen "clamp" wrong

It is now madVR 0.89.5 — direct download.

Is it possible to use this also with vlc?

Unfortunately, no — WRT 3rd party add-on compatibility, VLC uses a very restrictive Chrome-like approach (MPC-HC is the Firefox of video players.)

hi dcs18 and also everyone here. I wanna ask about firefox. on latest FF beta, 42b1, browser.preferences.inContent is not working for me. do you get the same? any solutions? thanks

Have been working on it for the past 7 sleepless hours — it cripples my ability to hunt down about:config entries (shall certainly update the tweak here, once I find a way.)

Damn . . . . . . the bug exists on the latest 42b2, too. A5qMhta.gif

There used to be a trick to bring the windows 8.1 like windows update options back in windows 10. Where is it?

My firewall in my main system is WFC. I've been using firewall method for keeping IDM registered for more than 7 months now.

This time I decided to configure PRIVATE FIREWALL, installed in my very old Windows XP laptop, in order to utilize the firewall method for IDM registration there too.

Here is instruction what I've done - step by step :

1. Open PRIVATE FIREWALL -----> APPLICATIONS tab

Find INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER entry there and double-click on it.

xSa1Li8.png

2. After double-clicking on INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER entry the APPLICATION RULES window opens :

YhvKBMb.png

In order to add new rule - click ADD NEW... button in lower right corner of the window.

3. ADD/EDIT RULE window opens. Now we can create ALLOW RULE and when ready - click OK.

U5YtIxQ.png

4. Once more click ADD NEW... button in lower right corner of the APPLICATION RULES window.

ADD/EDIT RULE window opens. Now we can create BLOCK RULE .

Fill all fields in of the window according to the ....

At last click ADD... button under small inner window on the right.

27Mk60L.png

5. ADD SITES little window opens. Put the first of IPs from dcs18 list in a field as shown on the picture below and click ADD.

Repeat procedure specified in # 4 and # 5 for all remaining IPs.

c15njB0.png

6. When all IPs are properly entered click OK at the bottom of ADD/EDIT RULE window

xsgdPJ5.png

7. APPLICATION RULES window looks now like on the picture below :

bCTBUGG.png

Click OK on the bottom of the window.

Your PRIVATE FIREWALL is now configured to block adverse IDM connections.

...........................................................................................................................................................

8. As a last step it's worth checking if IDM is properly blocked.

In order to do that click CHECK FOR UPDATE button in ABOUT INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER window.

If what you get looks like on the picture below (IDM isn't able to connect to the server) - it means firewall configuration was done properly.

GVbEDqH.png

GOOD LUCK !

can someone plz post tutorial for this for ESET smart security 8.thanks

can someone plz post tutorial for this for ESET smart security 8.thanks

Check out KB3218 at the ESET Knowledge base — you will have to improvise since this ESS tutorial does not exist at The Playground.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived