"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people who "need it" might also grow "just a little suspicious," after seeing the ominous Kaspersky report on your patch. :tehe:

maybe still that s up to them i just wanted to help ^^

If you really want to help, you might want to make that firewall rule transparent so that it can be tested — by others (using a patch to mask a firewall rule instead, is not an encouraging step.) ;)

Of course, it is your wish — I only wanted your idea to succeed (have seen many folks meet with failure.) :dunno:

@dcs18 :hi:

just saw the abp topic once more

shudn't this rule be enuff

http://www.nsaneforums.com/uploads/profile/photo-*.bmp?*

isn't this rule already embodied in the first one and likewise other rules?

http://www.nsaneforums.com/uploads/profile/photo-thumb-*.bmp?*

Yes, while it is true that there does exist an overlap . . . . . . the reason behind keeping rules separated and independent is the learning objective — besides, wanted folks to be able to have a granular choice between blocking profile photos / avatars on one hand and/or only their thumbnails on the other. B)

The people who "need it" might also grow "just a little suspicious," after seeing the ominous Kaspersky report on your patch. :tehe:

If you really want to help, you might want to make that firewall rule transparent so that it can be tested — by others (using a patch to mask a firewall rule instead, is not an encouraging step.) ;)

Of course, it is your wish — I only wanted your idea to succeed (have seen many folks meet with failure.) :dunno:

just open the exe with 7zip and u can see the whole thing ^^

just open the exe with 7zip and u can see the whole thing ^^

F3h9xqz.gif Alright, I see that you have used all the 25 IPs — that means your patch looks set for success . . . . . nice:—

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Rule Name: Internet Download Manager (IDM) (IDMan.exe)" dir=out action=block program="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe" enable=yes remoteip=50.22.78.28,50.22.78.29,50.22.78.31,50.97.41.98,50.97.82.44,69.41.163.49,69.41.163.149,75.125.34.148,75.125.34.157,169.55.0.224,169.55.40.5,173.255.134.84,173.255.137.80,174.127.73.80,174.127.73.85,174.133.70.98,174.133.70.101,184.173.149.184,184.173.188.104,184.173.188.106,184.173.188.107,202.134.64.74,207.44.199.16,207.44.199.159,207.44.199.165

Instead of .exe, if possible, I would suggest to use .bat or .reg file for the "IDM one click fix"

"Preventing Windows 10 From Getting Reserved Without Your Consent"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

Method # 1:—

• Uninstall KB3035583 and then hide it on Windows Update — the process would have to be repeated after every Windows Update.

Method # 2:—

• Disable launchtrayprocess, refreshgwxconfig, refreshgwxconfigandcontent and refreshgwxcontent under Task Scheduler.

Method # 3:—

• Block GWX.exe, GWXConfigManager.exe, GWXDetector.exe, GWXUX.exe and GWXUXWorker.exe using your Anti-executable.

Method # 4:—

• Block GWX.exe, GWXConfigManager.exe, GWXDetector.exe, GWXUX.exe and GWXUXWorker.exe using your Firewall.

Method # 5:—

• Use all the above 4 methods.

hi dcs,

I think ,1st method exploded,

although I didn't install "KB3035583" beginning of the installation win 7, this morning I saw the magic icon again.. :-)

actually I have to say that I haven't seen that icon for a while and the method was working.

I guess something must has changed..

regards

"Preventing Windows 10 From Getting Reserved Without Your Consent"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

Method # 1:—

• Uninstall KB3035583 and then hide it on Windows Update — the process would have to be repeated after every Windows Update.

Method # 2:—

• Disable launchtrayprocess, refreshgwxconfig, refreshgwxconfigandcontent and refreshgwxcontent under Task Scheduler.

Method # 3:—

• Block GWX.exe, GWXConfigManager.exe, GWXDetector.exe, GWXUX.exe and GWXUXWorker.exe using your Anti-executable.

Method # 4:—

• Block GWX.exe, GWXConfigManager.exe, GWXDetector.exe, GWXUX.exe and GWXUXWorker.exe using your Firewall.

Method # 5:—

• Use all the above 4 methods.

hi dcs,

although I didn't install "KB3035583" beginning of the installation win 7, this morning I saw the magic icon again.. :-)

actually I have to say that I haven't seen that icon for a while and the method was working.

regards

I noticed,

I had hide the ""KB3035583"" which was a hidden update section,

but

it must has been installed itself somehow..strange..

hi dcs,

regards

I noticed,

but

For Method # 1 to succeed, it has to be repeated at every Windows Update (as mentioned.)

It is advisable to use Method # 5 (meaning all 4 methods, in conjunction) — works great for me on both my systems (Windows 7 and the 8.1 Update 3.)

hi dcs,

regards

I noticed,

but

For Method # 1 to succeed, it has to be repeated at every Windows Update (as mentioned.)

It is advisable to use Method # 5 (meaning all 4 methods, in conjunction) — works great for me on both my systems (Windows 7 and the 8.1 Update 3.)

you r right

I will keep your word

thank you for respond..

<snip>

<snip>

Can you guys post a screenshot of your Virtual Memory window I might have an idea. zDLbIxl.gif
What is that anyway? ?

Are you referring to pagefile.sys?

How to get its screenshot BTW? ?

Right-click Computer (My PC) >> Properties >> Advanced system settings >> Advanced >> Performance >> Settings... >> Advanced >> Change >> Virtual Memory (take the screenshot of this window.)

I have an android phone memory shortage query too. My bro's phone is left out with only 80 MB of free phone memory. The phone comes with 8GB of internal storage of which 4.9 GB is usable. I have manually calculated the total size of the files in the explorer which sums up to 1.67 GB. So how come the phone only show 80MB available? ?

I have an android phone memory shortage query too. My bro's phone is left out with only 80 MB of free phone memory. The phone comes with 8GB of internal storage of which 4.9 GB is usable. I have manually calculated the total size of the files in the explorer which sums up to 1.67 GB. So how come the phone only show 80MB available? ?

Which of the following status, best fits that device:-

• full-blooded root
  • rooted casually
  • not rooted

Full blooded - through the xda developer's link that you had redirected me to.

I have manually calculated the total size of the files in the explorer which sums up to 1.67 GB.

Did you use the native File Explorer or X-plore File Manager? :think:

I have manually calculated the total size of the files in the explorer which sums up to 1.67 GB.

Did you use the native File Explorer or X-plore File Manager? :think:
Native one. I will see what I get with x-plore and report back.

From x-plore I can see a lot of files in the internal memory which are impossible to calculate manually. What to do?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived