"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

while using firefox android app, facebook nd messanger app running on background... any solutions to stop damn facebook related apps

Firewall the apps that you don't need using background data.

FYKI, there is a new version of facebook has been released called "Lite". I am using it and it's quite good comparing to it's size which is just around 600 KB.

am using regularly facebook apps ...but some apps sideloading silently on background ... what to do

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while using firefox android app, facebook nd messanger app running on background... any solutions to stop damn facebook related apps

Firewall the apps that you don't need using background data.

FYKI, there is a new version of facebook has been released called "Lite". I am using it and it's quite good comparing to it's size which is just around 600 KB.

am using regularly facebook apps ...but some apps sideloading silently on background ... what to do
The regular facebook app and the messanger is the creepiest thing and they should be avoided as possible. You can't block those partial things that are loaded in background with facebook unless you have a patched version specially built for the purpose. May be there's scope of making an effort to do so provided your phone has root access but facebook app isn't worthy enough for that.

I would again suggest you to try "Lite" or browse facebook in chrome instead of using those worthless apps.

Today i get fake serial on IDM, so we need new ip i guess.

I blocked IDM using native windows 8.1 pro firewall. Any solution?

No such issue noted, here — Windows Firewall Control (WFC) working great on the Windows 8.1 Pro Firewall (hope your firewall is not leaking.) yXZVmpE.gif

No such issue noted, here — Windows Firewall Control (WFC) working great on the Windows 8.1 Pro Firewall (hope your firewall is not leaking.) yXZVmpE.gif

Don't know why but after i update windows defender virus database, my windows 8.1 pro firewall is working again. :showoff:

Working fine so far. No IP leak.

The major drawback of Windows Firewall is that other apps. and programs can easily create rules without the consent or knowledge of the User — one of my many other reasons for using Windows Firewall Control (WFC) is that it prevents other apps. & programs from making changes to any of my rules:—

N64DkAM.png

✪ IDM IP Blocking Method with Latest KIS15 MR2 (v15.0.2.361) ✪

After update my computer from win 7 to win 10 [ unistall KIS and install the newest version kis15.0.2.361abcen_8103 as say in https://usblog.kaspersky.com/windows-10-compatibility/ ] have problem to put th IPs for blocking IDM .

Look [ have unistall and install again the KIS 2015 but the same }

itlhMe4.png

After update my computer from win 7 to win 10 [ unistall KIS and install the newest version kis15.0.2.361abcen_8103 as say in https://usblog.kaspersky.com/windows-10-compatibility/ ] have problem to put th IPs for blocking IDM .

<snip>

Can't speak on behalf of IamBidyuT — not a current user of KIS, either (he might probably not have seen your post.)

if I were you, I would try to find out whether this particular version is supported on Windows 10. yXZVmpE.gif

Maybe true for MTNL mumbai ppl also :dunno:

When I last used MTNL, was able to bypass them with Adblock Plus — you might probably remember my demonstration at the ShoutBox.

When I last used MTNL, was able to bypass them with Adblock Plus — you might probably remember my demonstration at the ShoutBox.

U talking abt the ads or them blocking ABP url site address?

Both — with specific reference though, to the URL.

U talking abt the ads or them blocking ABP url site address?
Both — with specific reference though, to the URL.
I remember the ads one but not the URL one :doh:

By DNS server adding/change?

They had implemented some restrictions where one could navigate only after authenticating their pop-up — can't remember now what I had done to counter that. :dunno:

They had implemented some restrictions where one could navigate only after authenticating their pop-up — can't remember now what I had done to counter that. :dunno:

Recently even Hathway implemented this obstruction — pissed me off so much, I asked them to fcuk off and threatened to switch all my Customers to Tikona. This made them relent and withdraw the authentication restriction completely — they have now assigned my account a static IP.

<snip>

Can't speak on behalf of IamBidyuT — not a current user of KIS, either (he might probably not have seen your post.)

if I were you, I would try to find out whether this particular version is supported on Windows 10. yXZVmpE.gif

I unistall the KIS 2015 and install KIS 2016 [ kis16.0.0.614en_8233.exe ] , procedure are the same for block IPs

I unistall the KIS 2015 and install KIS 2016 [ kis16.0.0.614en_8233.exe ] , procedure are the same for block IPs

CHECK PM

• The page loading icon used to be green I think, now it's blue :think:

Mine was always set at blue — courtesy CTR.

I don't exactly remember the firefox version when I was using CTR with it but probably between v34-v38.

What exactly was the conflict? Wl2LIwk.gif

1. The australis UI was getting restored by itself (not just after update) randomly which resets all my setting and preferences back to default.

1. The australis UI was getting restored by itself (not just after update) randomly which resets all my setting and preferences back to default.

That is easily overcome:—

("extensions.classicthemerestorer.ctrreset", false)

That is easily overcome:
Yeah, easy for them them who knows. Now it's easy for me too. Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

That is easily overcome:
Yeah, easy for them them who knows. Now it's easy for me too. Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

Even as I type this, I have 692 such documented about:config tweaks. :showoff:

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived