"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the monitor size you are looking at?

15.6 if 18.5 is not possible. Must be at least 1366x768 panel.

Dell E1914H | AOC E970SWNL | Let me know if your budget is over Rs. 5,000/-
Hell no. I have to manage all the components within 25K.

Dell E1914H | AOC E970SWNL | Let me know if your budget is over Rs. 5,000/-
Hell no. I have to manage all the components within 25K.

Fine, please calculate what figure you are sitting ATM.

Is the UPS a show-stopper — do you really have load-shedding in your locality? yXZVmpE.gif

Is the UPS a show-stopper do you really have load-shedding in your locality? yXZVmpE.gif

Don't ask. Recently we've hold a public protest against electricity board. Crazy you know. In our state assam, you never gonna get any facility in proper manner. The state govt. is busy among them fighting and batteling for their own seats. Who has the time for the public. Before 3 months of election the beggers will come begging for votes making all the fake promises they can and when they win, it's time to eat the money. I never have casted my vote till now because none of the candidates, I think, is capable of doing their duty.

Can you help me calculate the wattage of the above built machine? From the following chart I can have an approaximate idea about how long I'm gonna get the backup.

Screenshot_2015_07_25_19_14_51_1.jpg

CPU = 53W

VDU = 10W

Don't about others.

Is the UPS a show-stopper do you really have load-shedding in your locality? yXZVmpE.gif

Don't ask. Recently we've hold a public protest against electricity board. Crazy you know. In our state assam, you never gonna get any facility in proper manner. The state govt. is busy among them fighting and batteling for their own seats. Who has the time for the public. Before 3 months of election the beggers will come begging for votes making all the fake promises they can and when they win, it's time to eat the money. I never have casted my vote till now because none of the candidates, I think, is capable of doing their duty.

So why not buy a UPS which uses batteries of cars. Also if you can have solar, wind or any other source which you can afford will be the only way out of your energy crisis.

CPU - 53W

Monitor - 12W

SSD - 2.1W

So I'm gonna get somewhere 15-20 mins of backup.

CPU - 53W

Monitor - 12W

SSD - 2.1W

So I'm gonna get somewhere 15-20 mins of backup.

What is the name of this UPS and how much internal battery it has

It is now madVR 0.88.21:—

• OSD rendering back to 0.88.16 logic, except when low latency mode is active
  • fixed: DXVA processing failed when video stream switched resolution
  • fixed: render times weren't shown correctly
  • fixed: SuperRes bigger radius values could cause artifacts
  • fixed: low latency mode sometimes wasn't turned off when it should

Which one would you pick if you have to choose one from the below

>GT 730 1GB GDDR5, 64-bit bus

>GT 730 1GB DDR3, 128-bit bus

...and why?

...and why?

The GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit — I personally rate the memory clock over latency.

...and why?

The GT 730 1GB GDDR5 64-bit I personally rate the memory clock over latency.
One more thing - how does the 128-bit bus works on a 64-bit system (if the system bus has anything to do with GPU bus)? Does it work as a dual channel or single channel? If you have a single channel bus motherboard on a 64-bit system, is there any advantages of having a 128-bit bus GPU?

...and why?

One more thing - how does the 128-bit bus works on a 64-bit system (if the system bus has anything to do with GPU bus)? Does it work as a dual channel or single channel? If you have a single channel bus motherboard on a 64-bit system, is there any advantages of having a 128-bit bus GPU?

The 128-bit (Bus) on a GPU is not to be confused with the 64-bit (Architecture) of an OS — they are two different things, totally unrelated to each other.

It is definitely desirable to opt for a 128-bit BUS over a 64-bit Bus when selecting from the same model — however, if having to select between two different models then it boils down to individual performance (a 64-bit Bus might outperform a GPU of another model boasting a higher 128-bit Bus — as stated at post # 3153.)

...and why?

The 128-bit (Bus) on a GPU is not to be confused with the 64-bit (Architecture) of an OS they are two different things, totally unrelated to each other.

It is definitely desirable to opt for a 128-bit BUS over a 64-bit Bus when selecting from the same model however, if having to select between two different models then it boils down to individual performance (a 64-bit Bus might outperform a GPU of another model boasting a higher 128-bit Bus as stated at post # 3153.)

So no matter whether the MoBo supports dual or single channel memory bus, the 128-bit GPU bus is gonna be utilised as 128-bit not as the half of the bus remain unutilised. Is that it?

Now, let discuss about data bus width and data speed across the bus (frequency). The 128-bit is wider than the 64-bit bus so double amount of information can be sent through it than on a 64-bit bus. Where GDDR5 is way faster than DDR3, which means data will travel faster but half the amount (because the given bus width is 64-bit not 128-bit for GDDR5).

This is like transporting something twice on a jet (GDDR5 64-bit) and once in a ferrari (DDR3 128-bit). As the distance is constant, I think the efficiency of both will be almost same. If you take into consideration that GDDR5 runs faster (=hotter) and drains relatively more power, will it be a sin to stick with DDR3 128-bit).

I'm not gonna stick with DDR3 anyway because GDDR5 is latest technology. Just placing an arguement.

There are many different components with performance that can be measured based, merely on specifications — then, there are some other components which can be measured for performance only after an all-terrain road test.

Unfortunately, the GPU is a component of the second category — the 128-bit v/s the 64-bit Bus debate is highly subjective.

There are many different components with performance that can be measured based, merely on specifications then, there are some other components which can be measured for performance only after an all-terrain road test.

Unfortunately, the GPU is a component of the second category the 128-bit v/s the 64-bit Bus debate is highly subjective.

Yeah, the real-world performance will tell the story but to have an adequate idea of that, we need to have some theoritical comparison on sight.

while using firefox android app, facebook nd messanger app running on background... any solutions to stop damn facebook related apps

while using firefox android app, facebook nd messanger app running on background... any solutions to stop damn facebook related apps

Firewall the apps that you don't need using background data.

FYKI, there is a new version of facebook has been released called "Lite". I am using it and it's quite good comparing to it's size which is just around 600 KB.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived