"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

This is the first time I am dealing with (and advocating) a G-3258 — it goes against all my personal principles and codes.

The G-3258 is a very low-end beast that has the distinction of shipping unlocked for over-clocking — generally, in order to buy a unlocked processor one would have to spend bucks on a costly Core i5 or i7.

The G-3258 has saved you in terms of cash — but, you will have to spend lavishly on your cooling and other peripherals.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the first time I am dealing with (and advocating) a G-3258 it goes against all my personal principles and codes.

The G-3258 is a very low-end beast that has the distinction of shipping unlocked for over-clocking generally, in order to buy a unlocked processor one would have to spend bucks on a costly Core i5 or i7.

The G-3258 has saved you in terms of cash but, you will have to spend lavishly on your cooling and other peripherals.

I am not gonna overclock as I won't be gaming on this machine.

This is the first time I am dealing with (and advocating) a G-3258 it goes against all my personal principles and codes.

The G-3258 is a very low-end beast that has the distinction of shipping unlocked for over-clocking generally, in order to buy a unlocked processor one would have to spend bucks on a costly Core i5 or i7.

The G-3258 has saved you in terms of cash but, you will have to spend lavishly on your cooling and other peripherals.

When one buys a race engine, the Buyer does have the choice of bringing it home on a bullock-cart — me . . . . . . . . . . I prefer to suggest to the Buyer to install it into a matching chassis (you never know when your heart might decide to make you switch to the formula tracks) :P

On a serious note, the G-3258 is most suitable for gaming - on the road, it could get beat by a Core i3 (if left un-clocked.) :)

When one buys a race engine, the Buyer does have the choice of bringing it home on a bullock-cart me . . . . . . . . . . I prefer to suggest to the Buyer to install it into a matching chassis (you never know when your heart might decide to make you switch to the formula tracks) :P

On a serious note, the G-3258 is most suitable for gaming - on the road, it could get beat by a Core i3 (if left un-clocked.) :)

No problem. This won't be my last system. I will build more later. This isn't my dream machine (hell no, pentium - seeeesh).

Ok CPU and MoBo done. Now let's get into the CPU compatibility with 1600 mhz DDR3 stick.

Moreover, if I ever wish to overclock, I will switch the cooling system at that time. For now I just need a machine in a very tight budget.

Ok CPU and MoBo done. Now let's get into the CPU compatibility with 1600 mhz DDR3 stick.

Check out the memory.
As I have already told, I'm operating from my android phone and flipkart (shitkart) only opens in app in an android device. So I can't browse from the link given by you.

Edit: Somehow I managed to view your link. There I found two 1600 mhz RAMs. But I was worried about whether 1600 mhz frequency will be supported by G3258 or not.

I found two 1600 mhz RAMs. But I was worried about whether 1600 mhz frequency will be supported by G3258 or not.

The 1600MHZ is supported by the G-3258 CPU, and more importantly by the Asrock B85M Pro4 Motherboard — however, just noticed an issue in another area . . . . . . . . . unfortunately, we cannot be opting for either of those 2 sticks.

I found two 1600 mhz RAMs. But I was worried about whether 1600 mhz frequency will be supported by G3258 or not.

The 1600MHZ is supported by the G-3258 CPU, and more importantly by the Asrock B85M Pro4 Motherboard however, just noticed an issue in another area . . . . . . . . . unfortunately, we cannot be opting for either of those 2 sticks.
What's the issue?

The 1600MHZ is supported by the G-3258 CPU, and more importantly by the Asrock B85M Pro4 Motherboard however, just noticed an issue in another area . . . . . . . . . unfortunately, we cannot be opting for either of those 2 sticks.
What's the issue?

It lacks dual channel.

What's the issue?
It lacks dual channel.
Can you redirect me to the page where G3258 is said to have support 1600 mhz frequencies?

And, what to do about RAM now?

Can you redirect me to the page where G3258 is said to have support 1600 mhz frequencies?

The G3258 won't run 1600MHZ, it will support 1333MHZ though - when purchasing RAM, one is supposed to choose a 1-step higher MHZ than the CPU specification.

The Flipkart site carries memory suited only for old fuddy-duddies - are you OK with Amazon.

The G3258 will run only at 1333MHZ, it will support 1600MHZ though — when purchasing RAM, it is advisable to choose a 1-step higher MHZ than the CPU specification. The concern here is (was) whether the Motherboard would support 1600MHX.

The Flipkart site carries memory suited only for old fuddy-duddies — are you OK with Amazon.

The G3258 will run only at 1333MHZ, it will support 1600MHZ though — when purchasing RAM, it is advisable to choose a 1-step higher MHZ than the CPU specification. The concern here is (was) whether the Motherboard would support 1600MHX.

The Flipkart site carries memory suited only for old fuddy-duddies — are you OK with Amazon.

Happy 10,000 posts buddy! thank you so much for all the help that you bring to all of us! :cheers:

The G3258 will run only at 1333MHZ, it will support 1600MHZ though when purchasing RAM, it is advisable to choose a 1-step higher MHZ than the CPU specification. The concern here is (was) whether the Motherboard would support 1600MHX.

The Flipkart site carries memory suited only for old fuddy-duddies are you OK with Amazon.
I'm OK with 1600 mhz stick if it won't make any conflict with the CPU. If the MoBo can extract 1600 mhz frequency, it's great.

And yeah, amazon & snapdeal both are fine for me.

This http://m.snapdeal.com/product/gskill-4gb-x-1-ddr3/1379190 1333 mhz stick from Gskill also sounds good to me. What do you think?

And yeah, congratulations on crossing 10K post count on your thread. This thread has been one of those threads for which people visits nsane. Great work faat maan :thumbsup:

Happy 10,000 posts buddy! thank you so much for all the help that you bring to all of us! :cheers:

@dcs18

Happy 10,000 posts! :win:

:showoff: ^_^ :win: :thumbsup: 8) :hi:

And yeah, congratulations on crossing 10K post count on your thread. This thread has been one of those threads for which people visits nsane. Great work faat maan :thumbsup:

LoL guys — would have never noticed that. ^_^

I'm OK with 1600 mhz stick if it won't make any conflict with the CPU. If the MoBo can extract 1600 mhz frequency, it's great.

Right, the Motherboard cannot run 1600MHZ using the G3258 — however, the 1600MHZ can be used, without any conflicts.

This http://m.snapdeal.com/product/gskill-4gb-x-1-ddr3/1379190 1333 mhz stick from Gskill also sounds good to me. What do you think?

Better to buy the 1600MHZ — will deliver more stability at 1333MHZ (among the components chosen thus far, the memory is the most susceptible to a meltdown.)

Better to buy the 1600MHZ — will deliver more stability (among the components chosen thus far, the memory is the most susceptible to a meltdown.)

Hang on a moment, I will shortlist my selection within 10 minutes.

Here are the 1600MHZ memory sticks that are value for money you may select either of them as per your budget (the Black Edition is cheaper than the Blue Edition.)

The most unique point about these 2 sticks are that they can even be mixed (remember this, for your future purposes.) :o

Ok, RAM is done. Now the SSD. I want SATA III 6 Gbps piece. So within my budget I'm not gonna get more than 64 GB. Find me one.

Ok, RAM is done. Now the SSD. I want SATA III 6 Gbps piece. So within my budget I'm not gonna get more than 64 GB. Find me one.

I suggest 80 GBs - check out the size of my own C:\ drive. B)
I have a spare laptop 5400 rpm drive which I can use internally for storage purposes. In the system drive I'm just gonna instal windows and must have applications. My current C:\ drive size is 50 GB and 40% of it is still free after fully configuring my system. So I'm gonna need more than 64 Gigs for C:\ drive. I'm saying this being very tight on budget.

I can get a 120 GB SATA II 3 Gbps piece under my budget but I want performance not size.

I have a spare laptop 5400 rpm drive which I can use internally for storage purposes. In the system drive I'm just gonna instal windows and must have applications. My current C:\ drive size is 50 GB and 40% of it is still free after fully configuring my system. So I'm gonna need more than 64 Gigs for C:\ drive. I'm saying this being very tight on budget.

I can get a 120 GB SATA II 3 Gbps piece under my budget but I want performance not size.

In that case, take a look at your available options.

In that case, take a look at your available options.
My budget for SSD is tight 3.5K. I found this http://m.snapdeal.com/product/kingston-sv300s37a120g-internal-hard-drive/1412847?tag= on snapdeal. I don't know how good is Kingston as SSD and why it's so cheap. Any idea? Do you recommend it?

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived