"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Polaris/Tracking Protection now comes with 'Whitelist Sites' Feature. :lol:

In the screenie below you'll see the feature successfully blocking infolinks ads(no adblocker enabled) and also providing an option to whitelist the site so as to support it. But still there is one problem here in this implementation, noticed anyone? :naughty: :medic:

qzgt4At.png

Don't know if anybody cared to read the post or were simply too shy to reply? :think:

The problem is that the site as a whole is whitelisted.

Let's understand it better:-

Suppose the site nsaneforums.com has 4 trackers - A , B, C and infolink.

Now if you see only infolinks is the one which is responsible for ads and only it needs to be whitelisted to support the site.

But what the 'Disable Protection For This Site'(as illustrated in the screenshot) would do is it would allow all the trackers and that is the problem area.

Have seen some people using the same approach in their adblocker's for whitelisting/supporting sites.

The best way wud be to do it as no_risk! points it out@Post# 122

The Do Not Track (DNT) feature is just a test-tube baby — too early days, to expect it to deliver the fine granularity seen on the better breed of ad. blockers. :think:

FWIW, even after DNT does manage to attain the highest level of advancement imaginable, it would never displace a really good ad. blocker. :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Preventing IDM From Dialing Home"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

Tip # 6:

Those who would like to use my personal Sites of Exception can execute a copy-paste of the following sites:

56uIjSo.png

*.1fichier.com *.akamaihd.net *.alterupload.com *.bitshare.com *.bruneras.com *.cjoint.net *.crocko.com *.czshare.com *.datei.to *.depfile.com *.desfichiers.com *.dfichiers.com *.dl4free.com *.fileserving.com *.filesonic.in *.freakshare.com *.freakshare.net *.internetdownloadmanager.com *.magix.net *.megadl.fr *.mesfichiers.org *.myvdrive.com *.netkups.com *.nitroflare.com *.nsanedown.com *.oboom.com *.load.to *.partage-facile.com *.piecejointe.net *.pjointe.com *.rapidgator.net *.share-online.biz *.sharingmatrix.com *.tatatele.in *.tdf-cdn.com *.tenvoi.com *.turbobit.net *.turbobit.ru *.update.microsoft.com *.uplea.com *.uploaded.com *.bannedhost.net *.uploadhero.co *.uploading.com *.uploading.net *.vodafone.in *.voice2page.com *.we.bs *.wupload.com *.wupload.in *.yourfiles.to *.ziddu.com *bitshare.com *filepost.com *proxy.nsanedown.com *rapidgator.net *share-online.biz *turbobit.net *turbobit.ru *venea.net download.windowsupdate.com ecom.cimetz.com siteseal.thawte.com slics2.myftp.org webflake.sx

Those who would prefer to simply import a registry entry containing all the above Sites of Exception can use the following download:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/5jqb8553z2h4zz1/IDM_Sites_of_Exception.rar

I recommend adding *.tinyupload.com to your awesome site exception list. I use and love your list, thank you for updating it. I have not tested it lately, but remember having a problem in the past.

Post # 1 updated with a link on post # 2 — good work, Michael*. F3h9xqz.gif

2 more suggestions from my notes, not verified recently. I remember having to add an exception.

*.keep2share.cc

*.uploadable.ch

Just a heads-up — some folks who install the latest Java RE 8 Update 51 might want to check their Add or remove programs for instances of previous version/s and uninstall the same.

2 more suggestions from my notes, not verified recently. I remember having to add an exception.

*.keep2share.cc

*.uploadable.ch

Can you please verify those 2 download hosts before I publish them at the OP.

@dcs18, which font do you use as your android's system font?

Have been using the native font that shipped with my device — it renders reasonably well (did not feel the need to change it.) :)

It is now madVR 0.88.18:—

* fixed: low latency mode was always activated with some media players

* fixed: smooth motion FRC: OSD incorrectly reported empty queues

* fixed: crash when OpenCL wasn't working properly

* fixed: FSE mode was sometimes activated when it shouldn't

Have been using the native font that shipped with my device it renders reasonably well (did not feel the need to change it.) :)

Yeah, the default one is called "roboto". I was guessing that as a customization geek, you would be using some different options than the default one. That's why I asked.

@dcs18
I know that you are using Roboform password manager too. Have you ever had this kind of problem?

P2xhpZJ.pngE

Everything was Ok till I reinstalled my windows and used Firefox 40 beta 4 x64.

@dcs18, I have connected my notebook to an external monitor and there shows "no signal". This means there's problem with the motherboard.

So this time after getting repaired, I'm gonna sell this piece of crap on OLX. I wanna know from you that what would be a adequate resell value for this?

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN.

@dcs18

I know that you are using Roboform password manager too. Have you ever had this kind of problem?

P2xhpZJ.pngE

I think you have a possible infection from a dud RoboForm — the version seen on your illustration (7.9.14.6) doesnot exist (the latest version, ATM . . . . . . . is 7.9.14.4.)

@dcs18, I have connected my notebook to an external monitor and there shows "no signal". This means there's problem with the motherboard.

So this time after getting repaired, I'm gonna sell this piece of crap on OLX. I wanna know from you that what would be a adequate resell value for this?

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN.

The cost of repairing a Sony VAIO in this dilapidated condition might be too prohibitive in terms of costs.

When my IBM T42 (costing Rs. 1,14500/) conked-off, on me — I was able to sell off individual parts like LCD, keyboard, HDD, CD/DVD ROM, etc., etc.

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN.

The cost of repairing a Sony VAIO in this dilapidated condition might be too prohibitive in terms of costs.

When my IBM T42 (costing Rs. 1,14500/) conked-off, on me I was able to sell off individual parts like LCD, keyboard, HDD, CD/DVD ROM, etc., etc.

What was that IBM T42? Is that a flying soccer? :tooth:

BTW, I called a repair guy who told me that he will be able to do the repair under 5000 bucks (may be it will require a GPU as reballing - a temporary remedie). If after repair I be able to sell this piece of crap, I'm looking forward to buy a AIO Desktop. Hey, How good is the CPU "Pentium J2900"? Will it be better than "Core i3-350m"?

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN.

When my IBM T42 (costing Rs. 1,14500/) conked-off, on me I was able to sell off individual parts like LCD, keyboard, HDD, CD/DVD ROM, etc., etc.

BTW, I called a repair guy who told me that he will be able to do the repair under 5000 bucks (may be it will require a GPU as reballing - a temporary remedie). If after repair I be able to sell this piece of crap, I'm looking forward to buy a AIO Desktop. Hey, How good is the CPU "Pentium J2900"? Will it be better than "Core i3-350m"?

Did the repair guy open-up your laptop before quoting the estimation? The reason for asking is, that there is always this possibility that the motherboard (and LCD) might be fine — but, one or more of those ultra-thin wires on your flat ribbon inter-connecting the LCD to the motherboard could have grown brittle over the years and broken off (replacing this ribbon would prove pretty cheap — you might then save the expenditure on having to purchase a new system.)

I have a personal bias towards Desktops — they deliver more bang for the bucks and their modular form ensures that you are not left shafted when one single part decides to go kaput.

In the backdrop of the impeding Windows 10, a Core i3 is the best juice one can squeeze for your poison — Pentium is passé. If you can afford it, Core i5 would be a bonus and in case you feel expansive a Core i7.

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN.

Did the repair guy open-up your laptop before quoting the estimation? The reason for asking is, that there is always this possibility that the motherboard (and LCD) might be fine but, one or more of those ultra-thin wires on your flat ribbon inter-connecting the LCD to the motherboard could have grown brittle over the years and broken off (replacing this ribbon would prove pretty cheap you might then save the expenditure on having to purchase a new system.)

I have a personal bias towards Desktops they deliver more bang for the bucks and their modular form ensures that you are not left shafted when one single part decides to go kaput.

In the backdrop of the impeding Windows 10, a Core i3 is the best juice one can squeeze for your poison Pentium is passé. If you can afford it, Core i5 would be a bonus and in case you feel expansive a Core i7.

If the brittle ribbon from mobo to LCD has some problem, why didn't the external display show any signal?

The "Pentium J2900" is a desktop variant and the "Core i3-350m" is a notebook variant. I have heard that the desktop CPUs are more powerful than laptop CPUs.

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN.

Did the repair guy open-up your laptop before quoting the estimation? The reason for asking is, that there is always this possibility that the motherboard (and LCD) might be fine but, one or more of those ultra-thin wires on your flat ribbon inter-connecting the LCD to the motherboard could have grown brittle over the years and broken off (replacing this ribbon would prove pretty cheap you might then save the expenditure on having to purchase a new system.)

I have a personal bias towards Desktops they deliver more bang for the bucks and their modular form ensures that you are not left shafted when one single part decides to go kaput.

In the backdrop of the impeding Windows 10, a Core i3 is the best juice one can squeeze for your poison Pentium is passé. If you can afford it, Core i5 would be a bonus and in case you feel expansive a Core i7.

If the brittle ribbon from mobo to LCD has some problem, why didn't the external display show any signal?

The "Pentium J2900" is a desktop variant and the "Core i3-350m" is a notebook variant. I have heard that the desktop CPUs are more powerful than laptop CPUs.

You have a point, there — about the external display.

Within the Core i3 group you will find a range of CPUs — processors on a desktop seem to perform better than their (equivalent) siblings on a laptop possibly due to the higher efficiency of cooling (and dissipation of heat) inherited from the extra space.

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN.

You have a point, there about the external display.

Within the Core i3 group you will find a range of CPUs processors on a desktop seem to perform better than their (equivalent) siblings on a laptop possibly due to the higher efficiency of cooling (and dissipation of heat) inherited from the extra space.

Actually I was thinking of buying an AIO desktop which has "Pentium J2900, quad core" CPU under 25k budget. I have assembled a "Pentium G2020, dual core" system for my friend and used it installing win 8.1 x64. It ran flawlessly. My friend does video editing job in there. I never feel any lag using the system. So keeping this thing in mind and J2900 has two more cores, I think, J2900 will outperform the "Core i3-350m, dual core w/ HT". What do you think?

@dcs18

P2xhpZJ.pngE

I think you have a possible infection from a dud RoboForm — the version seen on your illustration (7.9.14.6) doesnot exist (the latest version, ATM . . . . . . . is 7.9.14.4.)

Thanks for your care, dude. I checked RoboForm 7.9.14.4. The same problem on a fresh Windows OS and a new installed Firefox 40 beta1 x64 is observed. ‌

@dcs18

P2xhpZJ.pngE

Thanks for your care, dude. I checked RoboForm 7.9.14.4. The same problem on a fresh Windows OS and a new installed Firefox 40 beta1 x64 is observed. ‌

What did you use to fix your RoboForm? yXZVmpE.gif

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN.

Within the Core i3 group you will find a range of CPUs processors on a desktop seem to perform better than their (equivalent) siblings on a laptop possibly due to the higher efficiency of cooling (and dissipation of heat) inherited from the extra space.

Actually I was thinking of buying an AIO desktop which has "Pentium J2900, quad core" CPU under 25k budget. I have assembled a "Pentium G2020, dual core" system for my friend and used it installing win 8.1 x64. It ran flawlessly. My friend does video editing job in there. I never feel any lag using the system. So keeping this thing in mind and J2900 has two more cores, I think, J2900 will outperform the "Core i3-350m, dual core w/ HT". What do you think?

Can you post a link to this AIO.

@dcs18

P2xhpZJ.pngE

No crack or patch, a give away key... But at the first step of RoboForm installation, where one can check desired browser/s, Firefox box is not active at all. It seems RoboForm does not identify and support fully Firefox 40 beta x64 yet.

@dcs18

P2xhpZJ.pngE

No crack or patch, a give away key... But at the first step of RoboForm installation, where one can check desired browser/s, Firefox box is not active at all. It seems RoboForm does not identify and support fully Firefox 40 beta x64 yet.

Well, I am using a GiveAway key, myself - however, the same page looks different from yours.

NuXUaVu.png

BTW, there is a trick to get RoboForm working on the x64-bit iteration Firefox.

Sony Vaio VPCEB24EN.

Can you post a link to this AIO.
Sure, http://www.flipkart.com/asus-et2040iuk-bb006m-all-in-one-pentium-quad-core-4gb-500gb-free-dos/p/itme6nr6fnkjxdu6

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived