"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

"Preventing IDM From Dialing Home"

(monitor post # 2 for all updates)

Tip # 6:

Those who would like to use my personal Sites of Exception can execute a copy-paste of the following sites:

56uIjSo.png

The list of Sites of Exception at Tip # 6 has just been updated, at the OP.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new release IDM 6.23 Build 15 has just been issued by Tonec; to resolve the recent Firefox crashes (V40 Beta 2 and Beta 3) when only the cursor was used in a flowing action to select a few words. F3h9xqz.gif

Please feel welcome to include any method for any app./program - nobody is going to mind. F3h9xqz.gif

OK then, this is for IDM lovers who don't want (or unable) to use firewall ........

This is step by step to make IDM trial version never expires by using auto reset method

STEP #1

Open text editor (Notepad), write down (copy-paste) the script below, and save as a batch file named "IDM_Reset.bat"

@echo off

taskkill /im IDMan.exe /f /t

set "HKCU=HKCU\Software\DownloadManager"

if exist "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\" (

set "HKCR=HKCR\Wow6432Node\CLSID"

set "HKLM=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Internet Download Manager"

) else (

set "HKCR=HKCR\CLSID"

set "HKLM=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Internet Download Manager"

)

echo %HKCR%\{07999AC3-058B-40BF-984F-69EB1E554CA7} [7] >Permissions

echo %HKCR%\{5ED60779-4DE2-4E07-B862-974CA4FF2E9C} [7] >>Permissions

echo %HKCR%\{6DDF00DB-1234-46EC-8356-27E7B2051192} [7] >>Permissions

echo %HKCR%\{7B8E9164-324D-4A2E-A46D-0165FB2000EC} [7] >>Permissions

echo %HKCR%\{D5B91409-A8CA-4973-9A0B-59F713D25671} [7] >>Permissions

regini Permissions

del Permissions

reg delete "%HKCR%\{07999AC3-058B-40BF-984F-69EB1E554CA7}" /f

reg delete "%HKCR%\{5ED60779-4DE2-4E07-B862-974CA4FF2E9C}" /f

reg delete "%HKCR%\{6DDF00DB-1234-46EC-8356-27E7B2051192}" /f

reg delete "%HKCR%\{7B8E9164-324D-4A2E-A46D-0165FB2000EC}" /f

reg delete "%HKCR%\{D5B91409-A8CA-4973-9A0B-59F713D25671}" /f

reg delete "%HKCU%" /v Email /f

reg delete "%HKCU%" /v FName /f

reg delete "%HKCU%" /v LName /f

reg delete "%HKCU%" /v Serial /f

reg delete "%HKLM%" /v Email /f

reg delete "%HKLM%" /v FName /f

reg delete "%HKLM%" /v LName /f

reg delete "%HKLM%" /v Serial /f

reg delete "%HKLM%" /v InstallStatus /f

exit

STEP #2

Tutorial.jpg

STEP #3

Enjoy IDM (trial version) for the rest of your life :lol:

NOTE: Do not use IDM Retail for this method. Use IDM Trial version only.

Hi, I tried install & Register. Then use Trial Reset method, after IDM told me to enter the serial every start it. Of course I can still continue to use if press cancel. How to fix it?

Please feel welcome to include any method for any app./program - nobody is going to mind. F3h9xqz.gif

<snip>

Hi, I tried install & Register. Then use Trial Reset method, after IDM told me to enter the serial every start it. Of course I can still continue to use if press cancel. How to fix it?

I would double-check that the Trial version of IDM is being used — not the Retail one. :think:

<snip>

I would double-check that the Trial version of IDM is being used — not the Retail one. :think:

I'm using this version and use patch of Novemberra1n. Finally I use this method. :(

You can try & see.

Dukun Cabul

Tips

For Diskeeper (evaluation) users or V-locity (evaluation) users, simply add the command below into IDM_Reset.bat script

for /f "eol=E tokens=*" %%a in ('reg query HKCR\CLSID /s /k /e /c /f MiscStatus /v Data /t REG_BINARY') do reg delete %%a /f

thus no need to create another trial reset program ....... one trial reset program is enough ;)

why does the link have %A0 at the end when hovered over and when clicked upon also includes some 'C2' :think:

An extra trailing (empty) character seems to have got hyperlinked, right at the end — that might explain the extra:—

%C2%A0

Can't get Encrypted Google Search Engine to work with beta 3. Doesn't show up in options/search.

Can't get Encrypted Google Search Engine to work with beta 3. Doesn't show up in options/search.

Please double-check to see that the Google.xml file is in the correct directory, as reproduced below:—

C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\MozillaProfile\searchplugins

You may also want to delete the following directory/directories if it/they exist/s:—

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\browser\searchplugins
C:\Program Files (x86)\browser\searchplugins

It might be showing as Google only, did you check by doing a custom search whether its implemented or not? :unsure:

It will appear exactly as Google Encrypted — not as just Google.

thunderpants

@ rudrax :

I know "gui doesn't protect ,eset engine does",sheesh! :)

I just don't like the new Gui that Eset has in the newest program version.

I think the reason i 've stuck with Eset over the years is because it uses less resources on an older computer and it's pretty good at what it does too.(+ Tnod is so easy ,thankyou Tnod maker!)

Though i haven't tried Kaspersky in a long time ,maybe time to have a new look at it.

Is 'KasperskyInternet Security 2015' the equivalent of 'Eset ESS' ?

I noticed there's a "kaspersky multi device version" as well

Anyone know where to get offline installs of Kaspersky as the the trial links on Kaspersky's site seem to be

small online installers which will take forever to download on my connection.

Please double-check to see that the Google.xml file is in the correct directory, as reproduced below:—

C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\MozillaProfile\searchplugins

You may also want to delete the following directory/directories if it/they exist/s:—

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\browser\searchplugins
C:\Program Files (x86)\browser\searchplugins

It might be showing as Google only, did you check by doing a custom search whether its implemented or not? :unsure:

It will appear exactly as Google Encrypted — not as just Google.

My mistake dcs18 it works just fine. Just had to scroll down in options/search engines to find the Google Encrypted. Sorry guy, :wub: but thanks for the additional info.

@ rudrax :

I know "gui doesn't protect ,eset engine does",sheesh! :)

I just don't like the new Gui that Eset has in the newest program version.

I think the reason i 've stuck with Eset over the years is because it uses less resources on an older computer and it's pretty good at what it does too.(+ Tnod is so easy ,thankyou Tnod maker!)

Though i haven't tried Kaspersky in a long time ,maybe time to have a new look at it.

Is 'KasperskyInternet Security 2015' the equivalent of 'Eset ESS' ?

I noticed there's a "kaspersky multi device version" as well

Anyone know where to get offline installs of Kaspersky as the the trial links on Kaspersky's site seem to be

small online installers which will take forever to download on my connection.

KIS 2015 offline installer - 164 MB

http://downloads-am.kasperskyamericas.com/files/main/en/kis15.0.2.361abcen_8103.exe

@ thunderpants

Regardless of the brand, Advanced Users might want to check out on standalones instead of suites for their security, due to advantages like finer granularity, lower CPU cycles and a reduced level of conflict — just to name a few. 8)

For others who insist on a suite — nothing beats Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS).

thunderpants

Taker ,where is this adguard and filters that you mentioned above ?

I'd like to check them out.

@rudrax ,good KIS link ,thanks mate.

thunderpants
  • The context menu items/options relating to IDM cannot be manually configured. You can't remove the options you don't wanna have w.r.t. IDM. And although it shows all the options are enabled, they don't work, clicking upon them doesn't do a thing.
  • There is this Obsolete integration popup everytym you d/l anything, this cannot be done away with. Have already tried various things but it ain't working.
  • VDO d/l are not being picked up....no D/l VDO with IDM option. :(

With the latest IDM version 6.23 Build 15 all the bugs have been fixed.

IDM extension is now fully compatible, integrated and fully functional with the nightly.

Hence IDM addon 6.23.15 for Nightly v42 can now be released ;) :thumbsup:

It kept installing two addons in Firefox ,one was a version 6.23... and the other was a version 7.3....

edit:

I had two xpi files in my main idm folder + two addon folders in my idm appdata/roaming folder

I forgot some uninstallers don't always do a clean uninstall and can leave files behind.

It kept installing two addons in Firefox ,one was a version 6.23... and the other was a version 7.3....

edit:

I had two xpi files in my main idm folder + two addon folders in my idm appdata/roaming folder

I forgot some uninstallers don't always do a clean uninstall and can leave files behind.

You can remove the addon with version 7.3 safely, modern browsers now use the IDM addon version 6.23.15 only.

The other one is for legacy browser.

That add-on does not have the usual provision to be removed — that is the reason had to uninstall IDM, myself. ;)

Possibly so, how about the latest (working) IDM add-on (6.23.15) — does it have the remove button? :think:

Yes the latest Working IDM addon 6.23.15 have both the disable and remove button on all the FF - stable, beta as well as nightly versions. :yes: :rolleyes:

That is strange, could not find the remove button on any of Firefox V40 Beta 3 copies — doesn't seem to show-up even on IamBidyuT's illustration (presumably) of the V39. yXZVmpE.gif

Correction:—

Just got it — had to run the idmmzcc2.xpi . . . . . . . . manually! A5qMhta.gif

Tip # 6:

Those who would like to use my personal Sites of Exception can execute a copy-paste of the following sites:

56uIjSo.png

*.1fichier.com *.akamaihd.net *.alterupload.com *.bitshare.com *.bruneras.com *.cjoint.net *.crocko.com *.czshare.com *.datei.to *.depfile.com *.desfichiers.com *.dfichiers.com *.dl4free.com *.fileserving.com *.filesonic.in *.freakshare.com *.freakshare.net *.internetdownloadmanager.com *.magix.net *.megadl.fr *.mesfichiers.org *.myvdrive.com *.netkups.com *.nitroflare.com *.nsanedown.com *.oboom.com *.load.to *.partage-facile.com *.piecejointe.net *.pjointe.com *.rapidgator.net *.share-online.biz *.sharingmatrix.com *.tatatele.in *.tdf-cdn.com *.tenvoi.com *.turbobit.net *.turbobit.ru *.update.microsoft.com *.uplea.com *.uploaded.com *.bannedhost.net *.uploadhero.co *.uploading.com *.uploading.net *.vodafone.in *.voice2page.com *.we.bs *.wupload.com *.wupload.in *.yourfiles.to *.ziddu.com *bitshare.com *filepost.com *proxy.nsanedown.com *rapidgator.net *share-online.biz *turbobit.net *turbobit.ru *venea.net download.windowsupdate.com ecom.cimetz.com siteseal.thawte.com slics2.myftp.org webflake.sx

Those who would prefer to simply import a registry entry containing all the above Sites of Exception can use the following download:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/5jqb8553z2h4zz1/IDM_Sites_of_Exception.rar

Tip # 6:

56uIjSo.png

*.1fichier.com *.akamaihd.net *.alterupload.com *.bitshare.com *.bruneras.com *.cjoint.net *.crocko.com *.czshare.com *.datei.to *.depfile.com *.desfichiers.com *.dfichiers.com *.dl4free.com *.fileserving.com *.filesonic.in *.freakshare.com *.freakshare.net *.internetdownloadmanager.com *.magix.net *.megadl.fr *.mesfichiers.org *.myvdrive.com *.netkups.com *.nitroflare.com *.nsanedown.com *.oboom.com *.load.to *.partage-facile.com *.piecejointe.net *.pjointe.com *.rapidgator.net *.share-online.biz *.sharingmatrix.com *.tatatele.in *.tdf-cdn.com *.tenvoi.com *.turbobit.net *.turbobit.ru *.update.microsoft.com *.uplea.com *.uploaded.com *.bannedhost.net *.uploadhero.co *.uploading.com *.uploading.net *.vodafone.in *.voice2page.com *.we.bs *.wupload.com *.wupload.in *.yourfiles.to *.ziddu.com *bitshare.com *filepost.com *proxy.nsanedown.com *rapidgator.net *share-online.biz *turbobit.net *turbobit.ru *venea.net download.windowsupdate.com ecom.cimetz.com siteseal.thawte.com slics2.myftp.org webflake.sx

Those who would prefer to simply import a registry entry containing all the above Sites of Exception can use the following download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5jqb8553z2h4zz1/IDM_Sites_of_Exception.rar

I recommend adding *.tinyupload.com , *.keep2share.cc and *.uploadable.ch to your awesome site exception list. I use and love your list, thank you for updating it.

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived