"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

Just resolved this issue - SDC is now fully functional (it was not SDC but a conflicting configuration caused by another add-on.)

:thumbsup: but still the addon is not actively supported, maybe ring the dev or look for an alternative, its not far that it fails....

Nah nah, it is working perfectly well - some add-ons do not need to evolve at a rapid pace and SDC is one of them (it is adversely affected only if Mozilla brings a major change to the inbuilt Firefox Exceptions - Cookies illustrated at post # 2845.)

The Add-ons Manager on the latest Firefox V40 Beta 1 no longer displays the add-on version. :huh:

??? - any screenshots? :rolleyes:

4sqdbGW.png

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do'nt forget the fine Print:

• 1 - Requires InstantGo or device that passes the device encryption HCK test
  • 2 - Requires TPM 1.2 or greater
  • 3 - Windows Hello requires specialized hardware, including fingerprint reader, illuminated IR sensor or other biometric sensors
  • 4 - Requires touch screen capabilities; App experiences may vary
  • 5 - Cortana is available only in certain markets; Experience may vary by region and device; Requires Microsoft Account to use
  • 6 - Requires InstantGo or device that passes the “Device Encryption Requirements Test”
  • 7 - Separate license for Azure Active Directory required
  • 8 - Coming Later. Subject to Change. Learn more about delivering Windows as a service
  • 9 - Requires UEFI 2.3.1 or greater; Virtualization Extensions such as Intel VT-x, AMD-V, and SLAT must be enabled; x64 version of Windows; IOMMU, such as Intel VT-d, AMD-Vi; TPM 2.0; BIOS Lockdown

Thanks - just linked your post to my illustration. F3h9xqz.gif

FWIW, a new Window release will always be tilted towards newer hardware - can't really complain about that. ^_^

Those who cannot afford / refuse to upgrade their hardware can always bypass most of the above-mentioned requisites (if they are competent enough) - personally, I prefer to remove most of those stuff from my system despite possessing a high-end, well-tweaked rig. 8)

For the Incompetents, there is always an availability in wide range of older Windows - so, those Characters can't really complain, either. :lol:

i have same issue as above ,i'm using beta 40.1.

I downloaded en-GB version from here:

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/latest-beta/win32/en-GB/

Do u think it might just be a case of restarting the computer ?

I just tested and uploaded a new IDM add-on to the same download link - can you please check whether it works for you (computer restart is not required.). :)

thunderpants

Nope ,new is the same.

I restarted idm too just to be sure.

Also i watch youtube links in a webproxy coz i'm on a 3g dongle.

https://www.proxfree.com/

Normally the idm grabber pops up and asks "download this video" ?

But that isn't popping up either as well as the right click options.

The right click options are not used in that respect ,but the grabber is useful for some videos.

EDIT:

I'.m not getting any warnings about "idm intergration and would u like to fix it"

Though in the addons section it says to "use with caution as the addon is not verified".

thunderpants

dcs18 ,can i just use your ccleaner as portable version ?

By the way ,great idea and thanks.

This metro app design is infecting so many programs ,i'm really not liking it.

Win 10 could benefit from the same treatment :)

@ thunderpants

If you can upload the CCleaner executables, I shall do it, for you. :)

thunderpants

Damm, coz i'm on a 3g dongle and i've used up my data allowance it would be too painfull to try and upload them.

Anyway i just ran the ccleaner x64.exe and it does the job fine.

Nice to have it looking the way it always has.

Oh, I see - alternatively let me know if you want me to download from any portable link of your preference. ;)

thunderpants

Cheers dcs18 ,i'm ok atmo.

I have to say you've released some great tweaked programs and supplied some very useful tips & tricks on this forum.

Thanks for all your hard work.

thunderpants

I just downloaded the mvps host file and was wondering how to easily add the idm list:

The host file has entries like this:

0.0.0.0 fr.a2dfp.net0.0.0.0 m.fr.a2dfp.net0.0.0.0 mfr.a2dfp.net0.0.0.0 ad.a8.net0.0.0.0 asy.a8ww.net

and the idm list doesn't look the same:

Is there a simple way to add the idm list ?

Can it be done like this ?

Sorry ,i've had a memory blank on how to do this ,it's been a while.

The hosts does not have the capability to block IPs - the hosts can only possibly block hosts. :(

thunderpants

DOH!

Can i remove that question from history :)

So i can do it via Eset s.s. ?

Dukun Cabul

is this thread about tips & guides for using firewall only?

I'm wondering .....how about other method .... trial reset method perhaps :think:

is this thread about tips & guides for using firewall only?

I'm wondering .....how about other method .... trial reset method perhaps :think:

Please feel welcome to include any method for any app./program - nobody is going to mind. F3h9xqz.gif

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived