"Compilation Of Tutorials, Guides, Tips & Updates"

dcs18

• Replies 7.3k
  • Views 1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How to block IP on Windows 8 Firewall Control ?

Instructions

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

----------------------------------------

image.png

image.png

-------------------------

Working 100% :)

Got it. Nice post works great on my Windows 10 Firewall Control.

Setting Firefox To Purge Itself Upon Every Close

Still using the old FF preferences interface but why? :think:

It permits me to play with the about:config panel . . . . . . . . . . . simultaneously which is not possible with the new interface - moreover, only the older one supports the adopted Windows theme (as also evident on my illustrations.) ^_^

It permits me to play with the about:config panel . . . . . . . . . . . simultaneously which is not possible with the new interface - moreover, only the older one supports the adopted Windows theme (as also evident on my illustrations.) ^_^

These are all possible wth the new interface as well :yes: :think:

Demonstrate please. lEMe01Z.gif

When u say - using about:config and about:preferences simultaneously - u mean working both together at same screen or in diff tab bcoz AFAIK, the preferences window wont allow to play with the other windows/tab until it is closed ryt?

Simultaneously, as in both screens working together in overlay mode - want a demo? :naughty:

And since it uses it own tab, I dont think it requires to be dependent on the windows theme ryt or r u talking abt 'inside options' theme?

Quite true - but, it exudes a Metro-like effect which does not fit in the scheme of the theme (especially so - when the Windows theme is so extensively and comprehensively pimped as mine is.) :(

Simultaneously, as in both screens working together in overlay mode - want a demo? :naughty:

How is this possible, show demo :rolleyes:

swoEGZx.png

@dcs18

but now(as in your screenshot above) can you work in the about:config window without closing about:preferences window, that is my question? :yes:

It is not required to work in the about:config windows - one only needs to be able to see the corresponding effect in real-time, which is impossible with the new interface.

It is not required to work in the about:config windows - one only needs to be able to see the corresponding effect in real-time, which is impossible with the new interface.

I think its possible and its by default the behaviour that changes are applied in real time.

Yes either way, it happens in real-time . . . . . . . . . but, it is useless if one cannot see and identify which about:config entry is changing - this is possible only while using the old interface.

I think you are confused, the question is not whether or not the change happens in real-time - yes, it does (but, that is not the point.)

The point is whether while making changes at the Preferences you can see the corresponding about:config entry change right before your eyes or not - no, it is not possible if using the latest interface. :tehe:

@ leech99

01.) Uninstall IDM completely - do not opt to save settings, if prompted to

02.) Reboot

03.) Perform the laundry - delete the installation directory (C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager) and the application directory (C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Roaming\IDM)

04.) Download and run the batch file from (http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8627q91qm987k3/IDM_Cleaner.rar)

05.) Reinstall IDM - but, do not register or activate it

06.) Reboot

07.) Try out your new copy with all 24 IPs duly blocked - if the problem is resolved, register or activate it

08.) Report back

followed ur steps. on 7th step problem started fake popups before register r activating..

@ leech99

02.) Reboot

03.) Perform the laundry - delete the installation directory (C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager) and the application directory (C:\Users\YourProfileName\AppData\Roaming\IDM)

04.) Download and run the batch file from (https://www.mediafire.com/download/e8627q91qm987k3/IDM_Cleaner.rar)

06.) Reboot

07.) Try out your new copy with all 24 IPs duly blocked - if the problem is resolved, register or activate it

08.) Report back

followed ur steps. on 7th step problem started fake popups before register r activating..

Did the pops-up happen before entering the 24 IPs or after? lEMe01Z.gif

@ leech99

02.) Reboot

04.) Download and run the batch file from (http://www.mediafire.com/download/e8627q91qm987k3/IDM_Cleaner.rar)

06.) Reboot

08.) Report back

followed ur steps. on 7th step problem started fake popups before register r activating idm..

s i hv 32 bit windows..i hv kaspersky mr2 latest ips added too..i registered 3 to 4 times but fake error happens.

There is also the remote possibility that Kaspersky MR2 . . . . . . . . too leaks IDM IPs:--

(6th April 2015) Thanks to IamBidyuT (honorable mention to Taker, MyIDM, PITA, Now, pamadhilwankalan & villasg):

For his screenshots in (at post # 2205) illustrating with how the Kaspersky firewall should be configured.

Important Note from IamBidyuT:

{The older version, KIS15 MR1 (15.0.1.415) leaks the IDM IPs}

followed ur steps. on 7th step problem started fake popups before register r activating idm..

U using KAV or KIS ?

kis mr2 patch b

• Matrix locked this topic
  • Reefa unlocked this topic

Archived