RollBack Rx Open Discussion!

Roger D

• Replies 233
  • Views 33.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Rollback Rx must not be used if your main drive is a SSD? Am I right or am I correct? :think:

If you have an HD then it's ok?

:yes:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=341033

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2265224&postcount=23

If you want,you can test it yourself and see whether TRIM works or not..when Rollback Rx is installed on your SSD..

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2183605&postcount=21

SSD TRIM check tool....http://blog.thecybershadow.net/2012/12/09/ssd-trim-check-tool/

The main problem I experience with Rollback is not the TRIM but that it isn't working with raid. I bought a SSD 160GB that had the option to set it RAID0 as 4 virtual disks X 40GB each, achieving great possessor speeds. Unfortunately rollback doesn't work with this AFAIK, and why spend money buying a fast SSD if you no set it to RAID0 config for even faster speeds.

As long as the PC has MBR type of partitioning system,Rollback Rx v10.2 latest build 11th oct one,can be used on Windows 8.1....without any issues..Extensive tests on GPT type partitioned systems haven't been done...so it is not recommended to use Rollback Rx v10.2 on such PCs using Windows 8.1....till a new build version with full support for Windows 8.1 is released..

- Live chat 13792267.gif

• 2 weeks later...

update new version

RB_new_zps7ffd6499.png

Must we retake all the snapshots after updating rollback rx ?, if do so it takes us a lot of time. Thank you for replying.

If you choose to update your RollBack version, you will LOSE all your snapshots and will need to take them again with your new version. :(

I have 2 main snapshots: the baseline and a "update snapshot"

if the "update snapshot" is ok, i will re-create the baseline and create a new "update snapshot"

If I want to try to install or modify the system, I will take a "temp snapshot"

after trying, I will rollback to "update snapshot" or the baseline and delete the "temp snapshot"

I have 2 main snapshots: the baseline and a "update snapshot"

if the "update snapshot" is ok, i will re-create the baseline and create a new "update snapshot"

If I want to try to install or modify the system, I will take a "temp snapshot"

after trying, I will rollback to "update snapshot" or the baseline and delete the "temp snapshot"

For me, the baseline snapshot should be taken after we install windows with drivers and add-ons, so we can make portable softwares with VMware ThinApp easily and perfectly. Thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...

New version build has been released..

RollBack Rx v10.2 Build #: 2698745870 - updated Nov 26, 2013

Changelog

• Fixed password recovery when subsystem is in text model
  • Fixed subsystem setup problem on Win 7 & 8 dual boot
  • Fine tuned drivers for Windows delay writes
  • Fixed bugs with scheduled tasks

//www.nsaneforums.com/topic/195893-rollback-rx-102-build-2698745870/

Can we defrag registry while use Rollback rx ?

Recently, I defrag registry of drive C, which protected by Rollback RX and then update baseline, in next boot, it comes to an error message. I don't remember details of this message, then I choose "cancel" and think "Do I make a wrong decision ?" because Rollback RX advise users do not defrag the drives protected by Rollback.

Then I re-try to update baseline and the process goes perfectly. Ohh, lucky me. :D

:doctor: It has been already advised not to defragment the protected drive( C:/ in most cases). All the registry also belongs to the same drive, hence never defragmant registry also.. It may destroy your snapshots.. :excl:

Can I install VirtualBox if I already have Rollback installed? do I risk anything? I need to install Linux for a few days, and first thing that came in my mind was VirtualBox and after I finish my work to delete all by reloading a snapshot.

Can I install VirtualBox if I already have Rollback installed? do I risk anything? I need to install Linux for a few days, and first thing that came in my mind was VirtualBox and after I finish my work to delete all by reloading a snapshot.

If you do everything..i.e, install Virtual Machine(s) inside Windows..and then install and use Linux inside it..it is not a problem...no risks...

But if you install Linux on another partition,thinking of dual-boot,etc...Rollback Rx snapshots will be gone.. B)

• 1 month later...

:doctor: It has been already advised not to defragment the protected drive( C:/ in most cases). All the registry also belongs to the same drive, hence never defragmant registry also.. It may destroy your snapshots.. :excl:

i forgot to backup my online activation license, if i send email to [email protected] can i still get my activation code for offline activation ?

i forgot to backup my online activation license, if i send email to [email protected] can i still get my activation code for offline activation ?

Nope! It's too late bro... :lol: All the keys are now blacklisted..hence they may not respond to your mail... :P

Nope! It's too late bro... :lol: All the keys are now blacklisted..hence they may not respond to your mail... :P

Damn ! :(

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everone,

I can't format my USB drive while using RollbackRX latest version, have anyone got the same problem like me?

Hi everone,

I can't format my USB drive while using RollbackRX latest version, have anyone got the same problem like me?

There is nothing to do with formatting the pendrive while using rollBack Rx..

Have anyone noticed the latest build doesn't lock the Rollback protected drives by default to prevent them from defregmentation?? :rolleyes:

Hi everone,

the last version suck because it protect every drive MBR so you cant touch it or basically write it

that is why i am using v 10.0 & and you can use rebootrestore if you have uefi bios but you wont be able to have more than one snapshot (stat) and finally i recommend this amazing tool but dont blame me if you corrupt your MBR or wiped your HDD http://bbs.ipauly.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

can i install roll back rx in windows 8.1

:Yes: Use the latest version..

Yes! Latest version of RollBack Rx is fully compatible with windows 8.1, but sadly still no medicine available for it..You'll have to buy it.. :yes:

Yes! Latest version of RollBack Rx is fully compatible with windows 8.1, but sadly still no medicine available for it..You'll have to buy it.. :yes:

i have a old shild.dat file..can i use it

i have a old shild.dat file..can i use it

Yes!! :yes:

Archived