RollBack Rx Open Discussion!

Roger D

Additional Tips:

What if Windows Can Not Boot up?

If Windows is corrupted (BSOD) or if your system can not boot into Windows - RollBack Rx can still restore your entire system! Since RollBack Rx installs below Windows, it can be accessed prior to Windows boot-up by pressing the "HOME" key. Once you enter into the RollBack Rx sub-console you can roll-back to any snapshot. - Furthermore, you can recover any and all data up-to-the second of the System Crash!

With Windows System Restore - If Windows can not boot; System restore will not be accessible and thus would not work as a roll-back solution.

13618821.jpg

PC RollBack - RollBack Rx system restore software takes your system back to any earlier point in time... Enabling you to repair any computer problems. - Real-time System Restore with no data loss.

Source

• Replies 233
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Additional tips:

Make various Snapshots At different Stages after Fresh Windows Installation

You can literally make unlimited Snapshots of your system as long as free space in your hard disk permits. It would be better to make various snapshots at different stages after Windows installation. Personally i'd recommend to make snapshots at the following stages...

1) Just after fresh Windows Installation- The Baseline

(Obviously make sure you have activated your windows and gone through the required settings of RollBack Rx)

2) After Complete Windows Update and required Drivers installation

(including any Service Packs available...)

3) After Installing all the required softwares you needed the most

(Including MS office, Updated Antivirus and so on..)

4) At the Point where You feel your system is running smoothly..

After doing this you will never need to format your system, you can easily switch or rollback to any stage within a minute without any problem....

:) :) :)

november_ra1n

Roger D you are working more efficient then customer support do you consider to have job in RollBACK Pro well done!

Roger D you are working more efficient then customer support do you consider to have job in RollBACK Pro well done!

Lol! nope.. I'm just sharing my 2 years experiences with RollBack Rx with you guys...

:D :D :D

The four lines that blinks for 1/5th of a second before Rollback Rx sub-console loads is normal and is part of the boot code of Rollback Rx.This is the latest news from the developers on four lines of code.

just curious...

@Roger D. Does RX work with dual boot OS ?

What will happen if not remove other defragmenter (DK in my case) ?

just curious...

@Roger D. Does RX work with dual boot OS ?

What will happen if not remove other defragmenter (DK in my case) ?

Yes! RollBack Rx works with Dual boot OS..(Just make sure the dual boot OS must be of windows only.) During Installation of RollBack Rx, it will ask if your system is multiboot or not, select the multiboot option and then proceed further...

If you don't remove other third party Defregmenter,nothing will happen but make sure not to defregment the Rollback Rx protected drive automatically or manually through it, otherwise it'll destroy the snapshots made by Rollback Rx...

Just go through it..

13619755.jpg

Additional Tips:

Take Snapshots with Scheduled Tasks!

You can schedule RollBack Rx to automatically take new snapshots with one of the following seven Schedule Type Tasks settings

1.Schedule RollBack Rx to take new snapshots on restart.

2.Schedule RollBack Rx to take a one-time new snapshot.

3.Schedule RollBack Rx to take hourly new snapshots.

4.Schedule RollBack Rx to take daily new snapshots.

5.Schedule RollBack Rx to take weekly new snapshots.

6.Schedule RollBack Rx to take monthly new snapshots.

7.Schedule RollBack Rx to take event based snapshots.

1) Right-click the RollBack Rx systray icon, select "Open Rollback Rx" from the popup menu. You will need a user name and password to login to the Rollback Rx Application Console if access control is enabled.

2) In the Application Console, under the Control Panel Tasks, click on the "Scheduled tasks". The right side panel shows the scheduled tasks. Click on "Add" to bring up the new schedule settings window. Select "New Snapshot" in the schedule Task Type drop-down list and select a "Schedule Type" in the schedule type drop-down list. Click on "Save" to save the new scheduled task.

13619809.jpg

3) You will then see a new scheduled task entry. You can select to view the properties of the scheduled task or delete it.

If you don't remove other third party Defregmenter,nothing will happen but make sure not to defregment the Rollback Rx protected drive automatically or manually through it, otherwise it'll destroy the snapshots made by Rollback Rx...

Just go through it..

13619755.jpg

Meaning,I must turn " Auto Defrag of C:/ " off,right ?

is it possible create Snapshot only On-Demand (regular basis) not auto ?

Just go through it..

13619755.jpg

Meaning,I must turn " Auto Defrag of C:/ " off,right ?

is it possible create Snapshot only On-Demand (regular basis) not auto ?

Yes! but only for other third party Defregmenter, As during Installation, It( RollBack Rx 10.2 latest build only) automatically disable defregmantation of protected drive through Windows in built defregmenter..

And you can always create Snapshots manually whenever needed.. If you don't want scheduled automatic Snapshots then just go to Task Scheduler and delete any Scheduled Tasks present there( By default there will be one in the list)..

13619850.jpg

Thanks for through explain,Bro.

cheers :wub:

You are always welcome... but don't call me Bro, I have my own sis and that's enough.. :P

:cheers:

Good explanation on how to properly use this software.

I do hope more like this topic will be made for the very popular but sophisticated software ;) .

Good explanation on how to properly use this software.

I do hope more like this topic will be made for the very popular but sophisticated software ;) .

Yes! of course.. and if any software is in you mind, tell me I'd like to explore the uses and different options of that software.. :yes: :yes:

http://pho.to/3YhdB

What just happened? I haven't delete a thing, I haven't touch any snapshot.

my settings:

Thanks, i didn't know about those settings, generally i don't change anything in advanced settings in programs that are new to me, so before now, i have never entered in advanced settings.

For those who are using Rollback Rx 9.1 and want to capture all the snapshots of Rollback Rx for restoring later,can make use of Image for Windows 2.77/versions from 2.60 to 2.77 to do it.

Guide:

http://anonymz.com/?http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17664826/RBRX%20luvs%20IFW.pdf

FYI this doesn't work for version 10,since some significant changes have been made to version 10.

As I learned from this forum that automatic disk check can destroy the snapshot, here is a little tutorial I found on the internet:

How to disable automatic disk checking at Windows startup through registry:

To disable automatic disk checking at Windows startup through registry, go to the following registry key:

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager

In the right hand pane, double click BootExecute.

The default value of the key is autocheck autochk *

* means every drive is checked for consistency. Just add /K:C at the end before *. /K switch will disable autocheck on C: drive at Windows startup. So the final value should look like this:

autocheck autochk /k:C *

If you want to add more drives, the key should look like this: (disabling C and D drives)

autocheck autochk /k:C /k:D *

If you want to restore everything to default, just replace the key with the default one i.e.

autocheck autochk *

You may also follow the link given below and check if it is of any help.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistaperformance/thread/a8ab415b-4559-45c6-99a4-a54e27e5a836

Source :http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-to-disable-the-chkdsk-check-disk-on-start-up/35f58c69-7a6c-4e1b-aec3-26d7131ec643

Or:

–> Run –> cmd.

If you want to disable check disk on C: drive, use the following command on command prompt.

chkntfs /X C:

If you want to disable check disk on two or more drives, just keep on adding the drives:

chkntfs /X C: D: E:

This will disable check disk on C, D and E drives.

If you want to restore what you have done, that is, enable automatic disk checking on all the drives again, just run the following command:

chkntfs /D

Source :

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-to-disable-the-chkdsk-check-disk-on-start-up/35f58c69-7a6c-4e1b-aec3-26d7131ec643?page=2

Lol, they have blocked the keys from the giveaway.Mine turned into demo today, so my brother's too. I have just mailed them to see what cause my license to turn into demo after a restart.

return to old version of 10.2

Well I didn't udate to the new update, I tried to roll back to a prev snapshot and then I found that the key was expired, I don't really know when it was blocked. The thing is that I have important things on a snapshot and I cannot recover those files. Hope they will read my ticket that I send, and reset my license, if it wasn't blocked intentionally. Maybe they will send me the offline activation key.

Archived