RollBack Rx Open Discussion!

Roger D

I'm asking because I did a restore in W8.1, all went fine, but for no reason the desktop freezes from time to time,thing that didn't happen before, Task manager do not respond etc. I don't know if it's a bug or not, (it does not have anything to do with RB)but when I close an app by throwing it "under the desktop",it is still shown as running in task manager, but it doesn;t appear in the left side of the desktop.

RollbackRX: delete all schedulers

Update latest driver (VGA)

Use light AV such as ESET NOD32 AV 7

Use Wise Care 365 to clean your system

• Replies 233
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but when I close an app by throwing it "under the desktop",it is still shown as running in task manager, but it doesn;t appear in the left side of the desktop.

You have to drag an App to bottom of screen and wait 2 seconds until the app "flips" over to only show it's tile icon, and release to stop it running, just throwing it under taskbar no longer works .

i can fairly tell you as a hooked user of RBX for more than 5 years i found it a waste of time for the personal home user .

I also found that using software like ax64 is much better , making a snap once a week and rollback if something went wrong.

the uses of c:\ using partition modification and restriction is unnecessary ! not mention if HW problem happen u get screwed all over ...

RBX is good for a kiosk\university\public like topology pc ...not for home user who want to have fun with it pc like installing games which cant be done together with RBX (if YES it will be a pain in the ass trust me) .

cheers :D

I install RollbackRx for all my PCs at home and office

It works perfectly, there're not any trouble, if you understand it and use right way

I install RollbackRx for all my PCs at home and office

It works perfectly, there're not any trouble, if you understand it and use right way

didnt say it is ... but its over reacting , to restricted like your pc is a FBI main server pc :D

I got trouble twice after some time, blank screen after boot then no response at all (or might be it was just too long and I couldn't wait for that) and I had to restore system image. :(

I already followed user guide. I stop using it for now.

To RollbackRX work well:

- Install new Windows (not SSD)

- Turn off UAC, system restore

- Move user data to other partition

- Install base softwares, except antivirus

- defrag C:

- clean your system

- Install RollbackRX with custom, protect C: only, choose manual snapshot, disable schedulers, disable autodelete snapshots

- Before installing a new software or changing the system or updating the system, rollback to good snapshot

- After installing a new software or changing the system or updating the system, clean your system, take a new snapshot or update the baseline

- should use portable softwares and ESET

To RollbackRX work well:

- Install new Windows (not SSD)

- Turn off UAC, system restore

- Move user data to other partition

- Install base softwares, except antivirus

- defrag C:

- clean your system

- Install RollbackRX with custom, protect C: only, choose manual snapshot, disable schedulers, disable autodelete snapshots

- After installing a new software or changing the system or updating the system, clean your system, take a new snapshot or update the baseline

- use portable softwares and ESET

Thank you for your experience, but should we install antivirus software on drive c and let it automatic updates ?

Thank you for your experience, but should we install antivirus software on drive c and let it automatic updates ?

Install AV on C: and let it auto-update

ESET is recommended because its light database, after rollbacking, re-updating or offline updating is very fast

and ESET is friendly with other softwares than many other AVs

"Thank you for your experience, but should we install antivirus software on drive c and let it automatic updates ?"

But when and if you rollback to an earlier snapshot in drive c, the Eset antivirus needs to update again.

That's why it's recomended to install AV on another drive than c.

Yes, Eset is friendly to other software but hostile to our nsane! :p

"Thank you for your experience, but should we install antivirus software on drive c and let it automatic updates ?"

But when and if you rollback to an earlier snapshot in drive c, the Eset antivirus needs to update again.

That's why it's recomended to install AV on another drive than c.

Yes, Eset is friendly to other software but hostile to our nsane! :P

the update database of AVs is in user data and registry, not in install folder

"the update database of AVs is in user data and registry, not in install folder"

Which drive is user data stored? Registry is always in C drive :p

"the update database of AVs is in user data and registry, not in install folder"

Which drive is user data stored? Registry is always in C drive :P

C:\Users\user name

or C:\ProgramData

"C:\Users\user name

or C:\ProgramData"

That's why it is recommended to install Eset AV in your drive D or E, but not drive C, otherwise when you rollback to an earlier snapshot in your drive C, you need to update your Eset virus definition files. :p

"It's a system drive. C isn't always as a system drive "

Okay, I assume drive C is usually the system drive but there are some otaku's out there who may do their own setup and configuration.

Anyway, you should get my drift here. ;)

"I recommend Webroot SE with RB :p "

Webroot AV is also good because its virus definition is stored in the cloud and not on local

PC, so RollBack does not affect it. ;)

if you use ESET and rollback monthly, it takes about 3' to update online and 1' to update offline, not worry too much

"if you use ESET and rollback monthly, it takes about 3' to update online and 1' to update offline, not worry too much"

Okay if you rollback monthly or even weekly but what if you set it to rollback on every boot ? :(

"if you use ESET and rollback monthly, it takes about 3' to update online and 1' to update offline, not worry too much"

Okay if you rollback monthly or even weekly but what if you set it to rollback on every boot ? :(

Use exclusion of RollbackRX if you want to keep files/folders

"Use exclusion of RollbackRX if you want to keep files/folders"

Already tried Rollback exclusion and found it slow and inefficient, it's better to install AV in your non-system drive not affected by RollBack. ;)

I got trouble twice after some time, blank screen after boot then no response at all (or might be it was just too long and I couldn't wait for that) and I had to restore system image. :(

I already followed user guide. I stop using it for now.

my problem was coming because I did some customization on desktop appearance. I've just realized it. It has nothing to do with Rollback Rx. sorry :)

But Rollback Rx must not be used if your main drive is a SSD? Am I right or am I correct? :think:

If you have an HD then it's ok?

:yes:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=341033

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2265224&postcount=23

If you want,you can test it yourself and see whether TRIM works or not..when Rollback Rx is installed on your SSD..

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2183605&postcount=21

SSD TRIM check tool....http://blog.thecybershadow.net/2012/12/09/ssd-trim-check-tool/

Archived