RollBack Rx Open Discussion!

Roger D

• Replies 233
  • Views 33.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

return to old version of 10.2

Well I didn't udate to the new update, I tried to roll back to a prev snapshot and then I found that the key was expired, I don't really know when it was blocked. The thing is that I have important things on a snapshot and I cannot recover those files. Hope they will read my ticket that I send, and reset my license, if it wasn't blocked intentionally. Maybe they will send me the offline activation key.

you can use subsystem console to recover

return to old version of 10.2

Well I didn't udate to the new update, I tried to roll back to a prev snapshot and then I found that the key was expired, I don't really know when it was blocked. The thing is that I have important things on a snapshot and I cannot recover those files. Hope they will read my ticket that I send, and reset my license, if it wasn't blocked intentionally. Maybe they will send me the offline activation key.

you can use subsystem console to recover

I tried, it still asks for the offline key.

One more user NaJeEb303 has reported the blacklisting of the Giveaway Key. If anyone using Giveaway key and still not got blacklisted should block the program with firewall and delete Netreg.exe from the program files. If your key is already blacklisted then contact the help desk with corresponding cleverbridge reference number for the key of Offline activation. :rolleyes:

I have already received my Offline Activation key without any problem.. :lol: No problem with Offline Activation. :)

For Offline Activation See the last point of this Topic.. :rolleyes:

This is for only those who have activated online,currently in active status... but haven' got offline activation code from HDS support..

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Shield(if 64 bit system)/C:\Program Files\Shield(32 bit) and copy the shield.dat file.. for future use...

You can find your offline activation code if you search for 'RM' in shield.dat..

I used Notepad++ for opening that file.

BTW it is only useful if you are currently activated...

If you have offline activation code,you can activate anytime you want...

Mind you Rollback Rx phones home,even before your firewall gets loaded..So only connect the internet after logging on to your OS and your firewall gets loaded..

I have already received my Offline Activation key without any problem.. :lol: No problem with Offline Activation. :)

How much time did it take for them to reply? I have send them a ticket yesterday, they haven't replayed yet.

How much time did it take for them to reply? I have send them a ticket yesterday, they haven't replayed yet.

Lol they reply fast only for those who have Gold support subcription...we have silver support(paid customers included)....

Not more than 2 working days.. :D

Well, 1 working day has passed, the 2nd one started 1 hour ago. The thing is that if they do not reply today, i will have to wait until Monday, and i realy need to get acces to my filles until then.

Well, 1 working day has passed, the 2nd one started 1 hour ago. The thing is that if they do not reply today, i will have to wait until Monday, and i realy need to get acces to my filles until then.

In case you don't get the reply today, then PM me, I'll send the online activation key,(only if it's really important enough) :D

Thanks, hope the'll move their behinds faster today. :fear:

They are famous for the poor customer service, so don't hold your breath waiting for a reply.

I called them, they have canceled all the licenses from that period. I'm so mad, they didn't even give a notification first, so people can recover first their files before they block the acces to the program.

I'm not backing down, i wll call them Monday too, it's unacceptable to lose your files because they have made a mistake and didn't even bother to give a notification first.

I called them, they have canceled all the licenses from that period. I'm so mad, they didn't even give a notification first, so people can recover first their files before they block the acces to the program.

I'm not backing down, i wll call them Monday too, it's unacceptable to lose your files because they have made a mistake and didn't even bother to give a notification first.

13694140.jpg

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Last night I decided to install win 8.1 using dual boot,made a partition in my win 7(where rollback was already installed) and installed win 8.1 on new partition, it went with the success. I had rollback pro installed in win 7 which was my C drive before I installed win 8.1 after making a new partition. Now when I opened win 7(after installing win 8.1)in dual boot I found that the system image was changed to past that is August 17th where I saved my image snapshot in rollback pro and lost all datas of my win 7 of present day! Any chance if I can recover my latest data in win 7?Hope some of you may throw some lights on this issue.

Last night I decided to install win 8.1 using dual boot,made a partition in my win 7(where rollback was already installed) and installed win 8.1 on new partition, it went with the success. I had rollback pro installed in win 7 which was my C drive before I installed win 8.1 after making a new partition. Now when I opened win 7(after installing win 8.1)in dual boot I found that the system image was changed to past that is August 17th where I saved my image snapshot in rollback pro and lost all datas of my win 7 of present day! Any chance if I can recover my latest data in win 7?Hope some of you may throw some lights on this issue.

If I remember well, from what I learned from this forum, RB RX doesn't work with dual boot, or you need to install it on both OS to make it work, one of this solution, but you should wait for more experienced users to reply.

Rollback makes all its internal disk sector maps and structures at install time. Therefore, you cannot change partitions with Rollback Rx installed, as the internal maps will be disrupted.

You should have created partition for Windows 8.1,installed Windows 8.1 before installing Rollback Rx..It is one of the limitations of Rollback Rx..

It is not your fault..Product limitations info has been incomplete(from v9) and not updated for v10.2 in Rollback Rx Help-Userguide..

User guide for v10.1 is here

Also HDS have hidden some info on their online FAQ which only the registered members can see..requires you to sign in to the account...

Example:

Windows 7 at C:

Windows 8 at D:

Install Rollbackrx in Windows 7, select: This computer is a multiboot system...

Install Rollbackrx in Windows 8, select: This computer is NOT a multiboot system, or...

select partition to protect: C: and D:

In any Windows, take a snapshot to backup both Windows 7 and 8

Use Rollbackrx to protect your system, don't use to backup your data, so all data don't save in C: or D:

Archived