ESET V4 Support / Problems / Questions

shought

When you go to uninstall eset it gives you 2 options. Repair and Uninstall. Click on repair and it will ask for a reboot when finished.

K, thanks :unsure:

• Replies 584
  • Views 90.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you go to uninstall eset it gives you 2 options. Repair and Uninstall. Click on repair and it will ask for a reboot when finished.

hahaha....only when you want to uninstall then they give you an opinion to try to repair it. :unsure:

hahaha....only when you want to uninstall then they give you an opinion to try to repair it. :unsure:

;) My sentiments exactly!

yeah please Chocobito , could you explain where is that option ? cant see it

Thanks!

If you mean the repair, just go to uninstall the program like you normally would, either from windows add/remove or start-programs-eset-uninstall.

Sorry, you mean windows update, advanced setup-tools-system updates- choose no updates.

yep got near the same values here! Also im still wondering what the hell is these "dllhost.exe" file and if can i stop it at all...

Hi, I actually discover why that dllhost.exe its executed and its very easy prevent that happen again disabling checking windows updates in advance configuration of NOD32 and select "no update", pls sorry for my horrible english ;)

I figured it out :unsure: Double-click the ESET logo, switch to Advanced mode, enter Advanced setup(Setup, Advanced setup), go to Tools, System updates and set the drop-down box to 'No updates'. This option doesn't mess with ESET's updates, but it checks your system(Windows) for updates you've missed(so it's like 'making sure Microsoft doesn't screw up in providing you updates'), but I never missed an update before and I can't even think of a way in which that would happen, so you can safely disable it.

Added to second post.

thanks a lot ugatme! usefull to point that in the main topic maybe.

Will point that out in the second post ;) Thanks ugatme ;)

Anybody notice that there is conflict between Comodo and V4?

Internet page load very slower when both are running.

Anybody notice that there is conflict between Comodo and V4?

Internet page load very slower when both are running.

Are you using Smart Security or the AV? If both firewalls are running this is understandable. Are you using Defense+ or not?

I'm using Comodo(firewall only) and ESET Antivirus and it's working fine.

I'm using Comodo(firewall only) and ESET Antivirus and it's working fine.

That's exact setting that I have.

Comodo firewall only NO defense + and NO Comodo antivirus.

Only change that I have made was ESET antivirus upgrade from V3 to V4.

I've tried reinstall both program and add Comodo exclusion on ESET advance setting and add ESET as trusted program on Comodo.

Both didn't work.

What's with my computer? :)

Side note, I installed Outpost firewall and this take about 40M. Too big for firewall. Should I try ESET Smart Security?

Are you behind a hardware firewall?

If yes then ESET Smart Security is enough, if not I'd recommend using COMODO with it, but I'd like to solve this problem rather than having you switch.

To solve it I will need some information:

- Does it act like this with every browser(IE, Firefox, Opera)

- What's your OS?

- Could you tell me a little more about the 'problems' you're experiencing?

- What's your OS?

Yes the problem persist on every browser which include IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and even Windows Sidebar News Feed.

Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit up to date security and optional update.

Core 2 Duo, 3 G Ram.

The page load slow. To be more precise, about 2/10 of second or 3/10 of second slower to load.

ex) When I click news headline on windows sidebar, I can count 1 or 2 before tiny little picture to load.

I figured it out ;) Double-click the ESET logo, switch to Advanced mode, enter Advanced setup(Setup, Advanced setup), go to Tools, System updates and set the drop-down box to 'No updates'. This option doesn't mess with ESET's updates, but it checks your system(Windows) for updates you've missed(so it's like 'making sure Microsoft doesn't screw up in providing you updates'), but I never missed an update before and I can't even think of a way in which that would happen, so you can safely disable it.

Added to second post.

Will point that out in the second post :P Thanks ugatme :dance:

Good one! It works! got rid of dllhost.exe. Thanks!

Anyone using outlook express on xp? On v3 when receiving mail the eset antispam folder would darken for a sec as each item came in. In v4 nothing happens, anyone notice a difference? All the options in the menu for antispam are showing so no reason to think it's not working. Did they actually improve it that much, lol?

- What's your OS?

Yes the problem persist on every browser which include IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, and even Windows Sidebar News Feed.

Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit up to date security and optional update.

Core 2 Duo, 3 G Ram.

The page load slow. To be more precise, about 2/10 of second or 3/10 of second slower to load.

ex) When I click news headline on windows sidebar, I can count 1 or 2 before tiny little picture to load.

Try this(so see what's the problem):

- Disable ESET, does the problem persist?

- Disable COMODO, does the problem persist?

- Disable both, does the problem persist?

You do have to reboot every time you try(or at least make sure any cache that is created is cleaned), otherwise the result won't be any good.

I figured it out :) Double-click the ESET logo, switch to Advanced mode, enter Advanced setup(Setup, Advanced setup), go to Tools, System updates and set the drop-down box to 'No updates'. This option doesn't mess with ESET's updates, but it checks your system(Windows) for updates you've missed(so it's like 'making sure Microsoft doesn't screw up in providing you updates'), but I never missed an update before and I can't even think of a way in which that would happen, so you can safely disable it.

Added to second post.

Will point that out in the second post :lmao: Thanks ugatme :)

Good one! It works! got rid of dllhost.exe. Thanks!

I got rid of dllhost also, thanks :(

Try this(so see what's the problem):

- Disable ESET, does the problem persist?

- Disable COMODO, does the problem persist?

- Disable both, does the problem persist?

You do have to reboot every time you try(or at least make sure any cache that is created is cleaned), otherwise the result won't be any good.

When I said "both are running", I implied when ran individually worked fine.

To explain explicitly, I uninstall and reinstall each to see if it caused by conflict or just my ISP having problem.

So far I kind of like Outpost firewall, very fast, albeit, take too much resources.

I might stick with this one for a while.

To explain explicitly, I uninstall and reinstall each to see if it caused by conflict or just my ISP having problem.

So far I kind of like Outpost firewall, very fast, albeit, take too much resources.

When ever you want to use Outpost with any antivirus, you should take the following stepes : instal antivirus than outpost . After finishing installing Outpost take a look at Optimising Outpost work concurrently with third-party security software. This might save you a lot of troubles.

When ever you want to use Outpost with any antivirus, you should take the following stepes : instal antivirus than outpost . After finishing installing Outpost take a look at Optimising Outpost work concurrently with third-party security software. This might save you a lot of troubles.

Thank you

Noticed in Wilders people complaining about internet connection slow and disconnecting at times. It was suggested to check the rule for iexplorer which seems to be set up for outgoing only. After changing to both ways an improvement was noticed. Don't know if this could help anyone. I see a slight pickup in speed here.

Using IE would be the problem in that case :o :coolwink:

If I download a file from badongo using IE, it crashes.

If I download using FF, there's no problem.

If I download a file from badongo using IE, it crashes.

If I download using FF, there's no problem.

IE stink? :think:

Finally said goodbye to v4 ess. uTorrent started acting up yesterday and after wasting 8 hours on trying to fix it I'm back to v3 and all is well. If anyone is using utorrent and has any tricks that work please let me know. Just can't afford to sit and play games all day.

The problem was torrents (from different trackers) constantly going offline (timed out) .

Archived