dcs18

• Replies 691
  • Views 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an heads-up:-

Those who've used the icon installer might have to run it once again - as the recent Windows from this Patch Tuesday has reverted the shell32.dll system file to default thereby affecting the Detail Pane within Explorer.

What fonts do you use?

Eurostile

Eurostile Bold

Eurostile Extended

Yeah, in addition to what rudrax mentioned, I use the following, too:-

• Microgramma
  • Unsteady Oversteer
  • Vibrocen

Thanks for the info, default Windows 8 fonts with performance boost (shadows and similar disabled) is killing my eyes. :)

@dcs

Lets hope blue is more configurable and one doesn't need to touch system files to make it more pleasant experience.

Yeah, it's a matter of concern for me that Blue seems to be headed the Windows 8 way - good improvements, but all for the Modern UI (not the Desktop.) :(

The only one thing that keeps me invested in it's progress is the promise of a kernel - lighter than that of Windows 8.

Thank You Very Much for all the time and effort to make this Excellent post!!!

Glad this post was of help to you. :)

mostly dark theme on the resources and extreme theme :D
I mean it could be made transparent theme like snowy,simplex,etc
hehe :fun:

Hey, does Theme Resource Changer run a visible process?

nsJ0rcS.png

Oh yeah, it does - the process reflected under Task manager is good news (signifies - everything is working, fine.)

Oh yeah, it does - the process reflected under Task manager is good news (signifies - everything is working, fine.)

But when I terminate the process, everything works fine.

The critical role that it plays is during the Windows startup process; when WinLogOn happens - that's the crucial time when one's customized theme is permitted.

The critical role that it plays is during the Windows startup process; when WinLogOn happens - that's the crucial time when one's customized theme is permitted.

Hmm, that's the matter!

Hey, I've been using Clover, a explorer extension for win 7 which facilitates multi-tab UI like Chrome. Used it but found that it isn't matching with the interface of HUD. So uninstalled in with Soft Organizer and ran a cleanup with Win 7 Manager. But the UI is still messed up.

nWxYMbC.png

rOLIhK5.png

Clover restored back the UI integrity with the default .dlls forbidding the theme's own overrides.

How to get rid of it?

Did you try re-installing your HUD Apocalypse. ;)

Nope. It is already installed and can't be uninstalled as per their policy.

You can just run their main theme installer once again and you can also run the 7tsp (icon installer.) ;)

Archived